PDA

View Full Version : Thomas on SportsCenter

MarqSox
08-18-2003, 10:58 PM
Thomas will supposedly be interviewed live on SportsCenter very shortly.

inta
08-18-2003, 11:00 PM
i hope he gives manuel an atomic wedgie on live tv and then kicks him in the throat.

MarqSox
08-18-2003, 11:06 PM
Hey, mad props to SportsCenter right there ... a live interview with Frank to start the show. The Sox game got the first seven minutes. I know the fact that ESPN was broadcasting the game had a lot to do with that, but it was still pretty impressive.

Thunderstruck30
08-19-2003, 12:06 AM
Im just happy the Sox highlight was the first one on SportsCenter for a game where no idiot ran on the field to attack someone.

emaholic
08-19-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by inta
i hope he gives manuel an atomic wedgie on live tv and then kicks him in the throat.

I'd love to see that! :smile:

Lip Man 1
08-19-2003, 01:14 AM
What no "conspiracy" comments tonight about how anti-Sox ESPN is?

Hmmmmm....they've just had them on TV three times in the past two weeks.

Lip

RKMeibalane
08-19-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

ESPN still doesn't like the Sox. They just did this because they had no other choice. Not talking about a game that could decide a pennant race is stupid. The fact that it involved the Sox was a coincidence.

MisterB
08-19-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
ESPN still doesn't like the Sox. They just did this because they had no other choice. Not talking about a game that could decide a pennant race is stupid. The fact that it involved the Sox was a coincidence.

Plus the game only took 2 hours 7 minutes, so they had quite a bit of time to fill.

Iwritecode
08-19-2003, 11:00 AM

Lip

They did? One time they were supposed to be on I got to watch some program about the 85' Bears. Last night, I got to watch a replay of this year's home run derby...

:(:

Dadawg_77
08-19-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
They did? One time they were supposed to be on I got to watch some program about the 85' Bears. Last night, I got to watch a replay of this year's home run derby...

:(:

You know you are probally in the local blackout part. Since the game was on FSN locally, ESPN puts on alt programing.

Randar68
08-19-2003, 11:14 AM

Lip

I haven't seen any posts of yours whining about KW or Jerry or the 5th starter today.

Maybe the world is coming to an end. Then again, I probably just missed some of your posts.

Lip Man 1
08-19-2003, 12:04 PM
I respectfully disagree with the part about they didn't have any other good game they could show. They could have shown the Royals and the Yankees, two division leaders going at it.

But they didn't.

Lip

MarqSox
08-19-2003, 12:10 PM
I respectfully disagree with the part about they didn't have any other good game they could show. They could have shown the Royals and the Yankees, two division leaders going at it.

But they didn't.

Lip
I agree with Lip for the first time in months.

It's true, ESPN doesn't "like" the Sox like they "like" the Red Sox or Yankees or Cubs, but I don't get the impression that, on the whole, they have anything against them. That is, unless ESPN also has something against Milwaukee, San Diego, Texas, Houston, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.