PDA

View Full Version : BULLCRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-25-2001, 07:07 PM
Replay showed Canseco's foot on the plate just before the tag was applied.

BULL*****!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, it's 5-4 now.

Bmr31
08-25-2001, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
Replay showed Canseco's foot on the plate just before the tag was applied.

BULL*****!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, it's 5-4 now.

oh quit your crying. He was out.

danman31
08-25-2001, 09:13 PM
Bmr, you always agree with the umps. Live a little! No offense, but if the ump is wrong you have to point it out. Mostly MLB will do that to make them change things if necessary though. That time Canseco was out, but I wouldn't be thinking 'the ump is always right' all the time like you do.

Daver
08-25-2001, 09:41 PM
If Magilla Gorilla would have gotten down and slid this conversation would be unneccasary.

charlie browned
08-25-2001, 09:48 PM
umps are fast becoming obsolete. The technology exists to accurately call balls and strikes by remote sensor, tailored to each hitter's strike zone. All baserunning plays, line drive traps, check swings, etc. are well-defined by multiple camera angles (whereas umps have only one--or at most two, when a second ump's onion is asked). I can't believe application of this technology would slow down the game any further.

Daver
08-25-2001, 11:11 PM
You're full of what?

idseer
08-25-2001, 11:18 PM
i've felt that for years but even tho it's feasible i don't think it'll happen anytime soon. for one thing the umps would fight it very hard. an ump would have to stand there anyway for tipped pitches checked swings, stuff like that. i doubt it'll ever go totally electronic.
also the sides of the plate is easy but how would you determine high and low? have a batter stand there while someone adjusts it while in his batting position? would the home team have the advantage because it's their equipment?
there seem to be a lot of problems with the idea.

Bmr31
08-26-2001, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by danman31
Bmr, you always agree with the umps. Live a little! No offense, but if the ump is wrong you have to point it out. Mostly MLB will do that to make them change things if necessary though. That time Canseco was out, but I wouldn't be thinking 'the ump is always right' all the time like you do.

i agree with the truth and not crying and whining and bitching. He was out.

Bmr31
08-26-2001, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by charlie browned
umps are fast becoming obsolete. The technology exists to accurately call balls and strikes by remote sensor, tailored to each hitter's strike zone. All baserunning plays, line drive traps, check swings, etc. are well-defined by multiple camera angles (whereas umps have only one--or at most two, when a second ump's onion is asked). I can't believe application of this technology would slow down the game any further.

Drugs anyone???

Nellie_Fox
08-26-2001, 03:01 AM
I can't tell you how much it pains me to agree with BMR. He was out. He used to be a base stealer; did he forget how to slide?

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 03:10 AM
He used to be a base stealer; did he forget how to slide?

I would have to say yes. It looked like the thought never crossed his mind.

CLR01
08-26-2001, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
He used to be a base stealer; did he forget how to slide?

Appears that way. BTW i thought he said he could still run a 4.3 40? By watching him on the base paths he is lucky if heis breaking 5.3.

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

Appears that way. BTW i thought he said he could still run a 4.3 40? By watching him on the base paths he is lucky if heis breaking 5.3.

He can still do 4.3-4.4 in the 40. It looked like rounded third on April 3rd and got to home on April 4th.

CLR01
08-26-2001, 04:49 AM
"I would have been safe and the PTC umpire still would have overlooked my contributions."

:slowswing

"Don't worry Chris i am on it."

http://vimad3.viewimages.com/wm/NM019736.jpg