PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Levine: Frank should not be in the lineup

Bucktown
08-18-2003, 09:33 PM
Before today's game Bruce Levine said that Frank Thomas should not be in the lineup. Nice timing.

At the time that did not sit well with me. Frank is just too dangerous.

Anybody agree with Bruce?

voodoochile
08-18-2003, 09:38 PM
um... no. Even before he had all 4 RBI tonight, the answer was no. Levine sounds like an idiot.

Sometimes it is a good thing to be hard of hearing. That way you don't have to put up with jackass know nothings if you don't want to...

DrCrawdad
08-18-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
Before today's game Bruce Levine said that Frank Thomas should not be in the lineup. Nice timing.

I typed something out here with an expletive directed towards Mr Bruce Le-VineLine. Then I remembered that I'm suppose to be nice.

Bruce Levine is a Cubbie fan, and usually I listen to him with interest. But not tonight.

Bruce Levine is a Cubbie fan, make no doubt about it. The Sox Flagship has more Cubbie fan hosts than Sox fan hosts. In spite of that Cubbie fans occasionally complain about Sox fan coverage in the local media. Kind of like when Rush Limbaugh and other conservatives complain about the phantom liberal media.

FJA
08-18-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I typed something out here with an expletive directed towards Mr Bruce Le-VineLine. Then I remembered that I'm suppose to be nice.

Bruce Levine is a Cubbie fan, and usually I listen to him with interest. But not tonight.

Bruce Levine is a Cubbie fan, make no doubt about it. The Sox Flagship has more Cubbie fan hosts than Sox fan hosts. In spite of that Cubbie fans occasionally complain about Sox fan coverage in the local media. Kind of like when Rush Limbaugh and other conservatives complain about the phantom liberal media.

I can't stand Bruce Levine ... he never, ever knows what he's talking about (other than trades/signings) when it comes to Sox baseball. A few weeks ago, when Maggs was in his ridiculous .700 streak, Levine said something about how Maggs wasn't playing so well and wouldn't be deserving of a pay raise after this season (and thus, the Sox couldn't or shouldn't keep him). Even Moronotti (who was subbing for Mac and Harry) couldn't believe what he was hearing! He corrected Levine, who said something like, "Well, uh, the power numbers aren't there."

What a moron.

Did anyone else hear this? I couldn't believe I was hearing it from a professional baseball reporter. Sounded like a factless Flub fan trying to come up with reasons Sham-Me is better than Maggs.

soxwon
08-18-2003, 10:10 PM

WELL THERE IS A HUGE LIBERAL MEDIA.
CONSERVATIVES AND THE WHITE SOX RULE

jeremyb1
08-18-2003, 10:26 PM
Levine's an idiot if he said that. The reason to be angry with frank is because he should be one of the best hitters in the game and he's only been a very good one but by no means has his production been below average or even average for that matter this season. Frank has an obp near .400 and he has 30 home runs, how you could considering taking him out of the lineup is beyond me, he just needs to suck it up and get his head back in the right place.

RKMeibalane
08-18-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
Levine's an idiot if he said that. The reason to be angry with frank is because he should be one of the best hitters in the game and he's only been a very good one but by no means has his production been below average or even average for that matter this season. Frank has an obp near .400 and he has 30 home runs, how you could considering taking him out of the lineup is beyond me, he just needs to suck it up and get his head back in the right place.

OMG! Capital letters!

kittle42
08-18-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by soxwon

No my friend. Conservatives are the poison of this country, closely akin to Cub fans.

RKMeibalane
08-18-2003, 11:06 PM
Bruce Levine = ****ing idiot

WhiteSox = Life
08-18-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Bruce Levine = ****ing idiot

Looks like he and Manuel are somehow of the same ancestry.

:)

soxnut
08-18-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
No my friend. Conservatives are the poison of this country, closely akin to Cub fans.

NOT

WhiteSox = Life
08-18-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by soxwon

Originally posted by kittle42

Originally posted by soxnut

NOT

Please stray from these types of posts. If you really wish to start another liberal v. conservative thread, take it to the Parking Lot. I don't come to the Baseball Board to read this kind of stuff and I doubt many people do.

Thank you.

TornLabrum
08-18-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
NOT

How about taking the political discussion to the parking lot where it belongs?

kittle42
08-18-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
How about taking the political discussion to the parking lot where it belongs?

Sorry. I just get set off easy! :angry:

I wonder where Jon Adkins stands on the political spectrum.

JJAustin69
08-18-2003, 11:58 PM
Which is more true: A future HOFer shouldn't be in the lineup in a pennant race or a worthless loudmouth should figure out a better way to get ratings. Levine is a nobody, he just doesn't realize it yet.

Bisco Stu
08-19-2003, 01:22 AM
I guess Ted Williams shouldn't have been in the Red Sox lineup either...

As far as the media, I write for the REAL liberal media (High Times). Cubune, Sun-Times, etc all promote the fascist law enforcement/military agenda.

captain54
08-19-2003, 01:42 AM
here's my email to Bruce Levine ....

to:bruce.w.levine@abc.com

hey Bruce...

I frequent the message boards at WhiteSoxInteractive.com..you are really taking a beating over there for a comment you supposedly made before the monday Sox vs Angels game that Frank Thomas shouldn't have been in the lineup....he then proceeds to drive in all of the runs and hits a walkoff HR....

if this is true, you really ought to think before you open your mouth, Bruce.....if you're not careful, you'll dethrone Mike North as the BCMB.....(biggest Chicago Media Boob)

take care,
captainkey54@aol.com

gosox41
08-19-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Bucktown

Frank is currently the second most productive hitter on the team. Of course he should be in the line up. If anyone should not be in the line up, it should be Paul "I can't hit with the bases loaded" Konerko.

Bob

soxtalker
08-19-2003, 07:48 AM
Well, I see a lot of outrage at Levine's comments, and, obviously, they seem silly in light of what happened in the game. However, what was his reasoning. Please -- not another round of "he's a cubbie fan" comments. Why did he think that this would be good for the ball club or Frank's performance? Did he think that it would motivate Frank or the team? Did he think that Frank needed rest? Did he want to give someone else playing time?

Bucktown
08-19-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by soxtalker
Well, I see a lot of outrage at Levine's comments, and, obviously, they seem silly in light of what happened in the game. However, what was his reasoning. Please -- not another round of "he's a cubbie fan" comments. Why did he think that this would be good for the ball club or Frank's performance? Did he think that it would motivate Frank or the team? Did he think that Frank needed rest? Did he want to give someone else playing time?
As I remember it, he said that Carl Everrett was the true Designated Hitter, since he can't field his position well. His argument was that Frank wasn't performing well so he should be benched and that Carl Everett should DH and Aaron Rowand should sart in center.

I can't remember if I heard this on ESPN1000 or WGN, I was flipping back and forth last night. Then again, would they ever talk about the Sox on WGN? I suppose it was possible. They were broadcasting from Cougar Stadium in Kane County (dog night) and were talking a lot of baseball.

I like Bruce. He is usually interesting. He also said the Sox were getting a visa for a player in the Dominican (Panaqua?) and that he would get a good look in Charlotte and probably make the big club by the end of the week.

kempsted
08-19-2003, 11:36 AM
I was in the car on the way to the game. Normally I like Bruce but it was bad tonight. Harry mentioned how bad Cotts had been in the two outings and what would they do for the 5th starter. I was expecting Bruce to correct Harry and point out his second outing wasn't that bad but he didn't.

Then Jerko (or maybe it was Harry) said hey, shouldn't Manuel play Frank at first where he hits better and Bruce said he shouldn't be in the line up at all he has been so bad. I was glad to see Frank show him wrong at least for a night. He was hot at getting Rowand in. Sheesh.

harwar
08-19-2003, 12:13 PM
I've never thought of Bruce Levine as a cub fan.I disagree with him quite often but i wouldn't call him something like that.
You want to hear cub *******s then listen to the southside post game show on "the score".JHood and/or Julie Swieca try and talk White Sox but its hard when only cub fans call in.
Last night several cub *******s called in who (somewhat suspiciously) all wanted to talk about the attendance at Comiskey Park last night.Of course the show degenerated into a WHITE SOX- cubs attendance thing which is just what those scum had in mind all along.DAMN,i ****ing HATE cub fans!!!!!

WhiteSoxWinner
08-19-2003, 12:18 PM
I rarely listen to the Score because the only times I listen to sports radio is during my commutes. I would be stuck with Murph and Fred or North and Buffone. I can't stand any of those guys.

However, it is really bothers you that only Cubs fan call the program, then try calling in yourself and refute the testimony given by the Northsiders. I wouldn't blame J. Hood or Sweica for ignorant morons calling the show. From the little I have heard of them recently, I thought they were pretty fair with the Sox. Better than anyone else on the whole station.

harwar
08-19-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
However, it(if?) is really bothers you that only Cubs fan call the program, then try calling in yourself and refute the testimony given by the Northsiders. I wouldn't blame J. Hood or Sweica for ignorant morons calling the show. From the little I have heard of them recently, I thought they were pretty fair with the Sox. Better than anyone else on the whole station.

You must have got the wrong idea from my post.I'm a big fan of Jhood and a huge fan of Julie Swieca. I call into JHoods' show from time to time and i've been calling into Julies' sunday morning show for quite sometime,when i'm here.Its great that she has her own show and i couldn't be happier for her.

DrCrawdad
08-19-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by harwar
I've never thought of Bruce Levine as a cub fan.I disagree with him quite often but i wouldn't call him something like that.
You want to hear cub *******s then listen to the southside post game show on "the score".JHood and/or Julie Swieca try and talk White Sox but its hard when only cub fans call in.
Last night several cub *******s called in who (somewhat suspiciously) all wanted to talk about the attendance at Comiskey Park last night.Of course the show degenerated into a WHITE SOX- cubs attendance thing which is just what those scum had in mind all along.DAMN,i ****ing HATE cub fans!!!!!

I heard that too. The one caller told J-Hood how exciting the game was but that there were only 32K there and blah, blah, blah on attendance.

I wanted to call in right there and tell J-Hood that he needs to ask these types of callers a few questions about the game to see if they were really at the game.

I'm with you, I'm positive that that particular caller was not at the game and that he is in fact a Cubbie fan.

Good thing that J-Hood kind of put the caller in place, even if J-Hood didn't out the caller on being a Cubbie fan. J-Hood made a great point, why should there have been a sell-out given the crappy road trip.

Wins/Losses to many Cubbie fans those don't matter. What matters is "winning" a truly meaningless Cubs/Sox attendance game.

ChiSoxBobette
08-19-2003, 02:40 PM

What You Say Is The Truth Brother. When is Reinsdorf going to actually give the White Sox thier own T.V./Radio stations. The worst is going down to White Sox Park Sunday home games and having to listen to all of the flub garbage thats on ESPN radio (the so-called White Sox Station)before the White Sox game . I really can't imagine that before flub games on WGN radio they have a show called White Sox talk or Talkin Sox. Lets see thiers Talkin cubs or Cubbie talk or whatever the heck they call it then thiers talkin Baseball with Rooney & Levine which almost always just turns in to a continuation of cubbie talk and then ,gee wiz thanks espn; they have maybe a half hour of pregame White Sox stuff & depending on how long they have half hour forty-five minutes of post White Sox show. This garbage espn puts out about being the flagship station of the White Sox is crap. I know some people say Dave Wills is just a homer but ya know what its really good to hear someone who's a real fan of the White Sox and not some idiot(are you listening ,Levine, Grobstein, Silverman). god for the flagship station of the White Sox there sure is a lot of wanna be flub announcers working there.
Time for Reinsdorf to get us a radio/T.V. station thats White Sox not tied in with all of this flub junk.

Go White Sox
Way To Go Dave Wills & Beltin Bill Melton

Brian26
08-19-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
What You Say Is The Truth Brother. When is Reinsdorf going to actually give the White Sox thier own T.V./Radio stations. The worst is going down to White Sox Park Sunday home games and having to listen to all of the flub garbage thats on ESPN radio (the so-called White Sox Station)before the White Sox game . I really can't imagine that before flub games on WGN radio they have a show called White Sox talk or Talkin Sox. Lets see thiers Talkin cubs or Cubbie talk or whatever the heck they call it then thiers talkin Baseball with Rooney & Levine which almost always just turns in to a continuation of cubbie talk and then ,gee wiz thanks espn; they have maybe a half hour of pregame White Sox stuff & depending on how long they have half hour forty-five minutes of post White Sox show. This garbage espn puts out about being the flagship station of the White Sox is crap. I know some people say Dave Wills is just a homer but ya know what its really good to hear someone who's a real fan of the White Sox and not some idiot(are you listening ,Levine, Grobstein, Silverman). god for the flagship station of the White Sox there sure is a lot of wanna be flub announcers working there.
Time for Reinsdorf to get us a radio/T.V. station thats White Sox not tied in with all of this flub junk.

Go White Sox
Way To Go Dave Wills & Beltin Bill Melton

Thanks for the post, Wills. We still meeting at Jimbo's afterwards for a cold Coors Light?

WhiteSoxWinner
08-19-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by harwar
You must have got the wrong idea from my post.I'm a big fan of Jhood and a huge fan of Julie Swieca. I call into JHoods' show from time to time and i've been calling into Julies' sunday morning show for quite sometime,when i'm here.Its great that she has her own show and i couldn't be happier for her.

My bad. I guess I did misread your post. Sorry about that. :D:

And yes, I meant to say if.