PDA

View Full Version : More bird**** from Hawk

PaleHoseGeorge
08-25-2001, 06:58 PM
Royce gets eaten up by an inside fastball in the fourth inning, but manages to swing late, get enough wood on it to drop the ball into the right field corner and this pearl drops from Hawks mouth...

"That's a fine bit of hitting right there."
:hawk

Try a LUCKY bit of hitting, Hawk.

I'm going to have to switch back to the radio. These two pollyannas in the Sox TV booth are driving me nuts.

Bmr31
08-25-2001, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Royce gets eaten up by an inside fastball in the fourth inning, but manages to swing late, get enough wood on it to drop the ball into the right field corner and this pearl drops from Hawks mouth...

"That's a fine bit of hitting right there."

Try a LUCKY bit of hitting, Hawk.

I'm going to have to switch back to the radio. These two pollyannas in the Sox TV booth are driving me nuts.

Hawk is an idiot, but i have a problem with the "lucky" part. He made contact when he was beaten. Those type of hits equal out with the BULLETS that are hit right at someone.

Jerry_Manuel
08-25-2001, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
These two pollyannas in the Sox TV booth are driving me nuts.

And we have them for another what 5 years?

Daver
08-25-2001, 09:48 PM
Another five years of :DJ Might drive me to homicidal insanity.

Probably be a short trip though.

harwar
08-26-2001, 09:42 AM
I can't remember the last time i listened to hawk & dj.We usually turn down the tv & turn up the radio.If ed farmer gets lost in one of his boring stories too long then we turn that off too.On the whole i like Rooney & Farmer tho.Hawk knows baseball but i think he's starting to believe all the stories he tells about himself on the air.Hes' down right embaressing these days days.I think D.J.is just really stoned all the time(look at his eyes).I would be too,if i had to work with "THE HAWK" everyday.

oldcomiskey
08-26-2001, 09:46 AM
Guys this is getting old----Everytime I ask who you would rather have you give me lame answers like Vin Scully--the only one better than Hawk is Bob Uecker

Pete Ward
08-26-2001, 09:56 AM
Hawk is greatness. I dont live in Chicago anymore. The last 5 years Ive been down here in Texas. Let me tell you, when I get a chance to watch the SOX on WGN I do.

When I hear Hawk's voice I feel like Im listening to an old freind who believes in the SOX like I do.

Believe me, I miss Chicago and the SOX!

Be carefull what you wish for!

I want my announcers to be HOMERS! I grew up with Jack Brickhouse, Vince and Lou, Harry Carey, Bob Elston, Jack Dree's, Lloyd Petit etc...

You dont know what you got till its gone!

oldcomiskey
08-26-2001, 10:08 AM
theres a man who knows what hes talking about

KingXerxes
08-27-2001, 03:48 PM

"Why thank you Ol' Comiskey....thank you very much. Most of the people out there don't realize just how difficult it is to do my job. Why every day involves intensive research in identifying dead baseball players, and then incorporting them into stories which never actually happened and passing it off as knowledge. Then.......just when you've gotten through with that.........it seems that it's time to create one of the bi-weekly catch-phrases so that I don't look stale. Then I have to sit in this booth day in and day out and tell of my impressions of incredibly abstract notions such as confidence, determination, drive, spirit and other things that can't possibly verified......here watch:

'Ol' Ray Oyler.....Mercy.........he used to get such a rash everytime the Ol' Detroit Tigers used to come to Griffith Stadium........he was more worried about when his rash was going to break out than he was about hitting off of those Senator pitchers and the worse his rash got - well the more he'd try to cinch it up and get out there........well when he would leave after going 0 for a five game series - well his confidence was just gone and it would effect him in the field also......'

:farmer

"Stories? Gotta go with Hawk Harrelson!

Non-existant strategies? My forte! Hear me talk about how the second baseman is telling the right fielder what the next pitch is? Even though somebody as stupid as you has never seen it yourself and you've watched thousands of games in person! I can tell you how a left fielder staring at a good looking woman in the bleachers is really an ingenious set of signals sent from the bench to the left fielder telling him to move two feet in and about six inches toward center because the catcher and pitcher went over this rookie pinch hitter before the game and determined that if he came up with runners on second and third with two out, trailing by seven in the eighth that his tendancy would be to try and pull the ball so they're going to throw him a 86 mph slider and take their chances there and then the batter takes ball two, and I'll go on talking about how this now changes everything out there, defensive positioning, pitch selection, how I think the other team is stealing our pitch signs and then relaying them to their batter via a signal system that is so complicated it would make the Star Wars Defense Initiative look simple. That's why you need me."

FarWestChicago
08-27-2001, 03:54 PM

"Why thank you Ol' Comiskey....thank you very much.

LMAO!! Where have you been, King? It's good to have you back!

KingXerxes
08-27-2001, 03:57 PM
Took a week off and went out to beautiful Traverse City, Michigan.

No phones, no television, no newspapers, no baseball - It was heaven.

Chisox353014
08-27-2001, 04:06 PM
LMAO!! King, you're killing me here with that Farmer impersonation. I gotta say I do like Hawk though. He's pretty much been the voice of the Sox since I've been alive. It would be weird to have anyone else. DJ and Farmer are awful though. Rooney is a good play-by-play guy, but he gets sucked into a lot of stupid conversations by "Farmio".

FarWestChicago
08-27-2001, 04:07 PM
No phones, no television, no newspapers, no baseball - It was heaven.

Yeah, I was pretty much cut off from the world for four days in Guadalajara last week. It's nice to have a break. Of course, I was working, though.

KVinc
08-27-2001, 04:36 PM
i still dont see why you guys like rooney and farmer they call keiths changeup in the dirt a freaking palm ball. What the f*** is that? I remeber hearing that in little league, also i didnt know when a pitch has breaking action and goes away thats a fastball, what dumbasses rooney and famer are. Evertime i listen i wanna go to sleep in the dorm even Ron Santo and Hughes are better and i hate those cub bastards. At least with hawk you can learn something along with DJ, as much as i liked Whimpy i learned crap from him he was just there to make jokes and announce the game which is fine and dandy but with Dj when he does talk(a rare occasion) i can learn something.

Randar68
08-27-2001, 04:42 PM
You guys crack me up. Wimpy was the reason Hawk was bearable, now he get's a little nuts with DJ in there. I like Rooney, but Farmer has been absolutely bonkers lately. My wife and I look at eachother in amazement at least once an inning. We ask eachother, "What the Hell is he talking about"....

BTW, anyone ever hear Harry Teinewitz's impersonation of Farmer???

"And I'm sitting here in the COmiskey booth, pink shirt, green socks, tan pants, with my buddie Rooney. Let me tell ya folks, it's a beautiful day at the ballpark. Blue sky, (pause)green grass, (pause)84 degrees, (pause)no wind......And the first batter puts a charge into it, it's gonna go, on to today's starting lineup, folks, old Bert Campanarooner, now he used to...."

bla!

Yeah, I was pretty much cut off from the world for four days in Guadalajara last week. It's nice to have a break. Of course, I was working, though.

Down there checking out some cheap labor assembly plants??? HEHEHE!!!

El Train
08-28-2001, 12:19 AM
I love e-mail