PDA

View Full Version : Ramon Nivar

Viva Magglio
08-18-2003, 10:47 AM
After seeing the glasses-wearing rookie center fielder do his stuff against us, doesn't he look like someone you would love to have in a White Sox uniform?

mandmandm
08-18-2003, 11:02 AM
Am I crazy or did he look a bit like our lovable GM?

TornLabrum
08-18-2003, 11:15 AM
I loved Ramon Nivar in the silent version of Ben Hur.

SoxFan76
08-18-2003, 11:24 AM
hes just like willie harris. navar is batting 222 i think. but he couldnt get down a sac bunt last night. something i think harris could do. i know the sox suck at sac bunts, but if anyone can do it its willie.

RKMeibalane
08-18-2003, 11:32 AM
It's obvious that Carl Everett no longer has the speedy and agility needed to play CF. Unfortunately, Ken Williams probably didn't know this when he traded for him.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm glad that Everett is here. He has done a nice job for the Sox, in spite of his defensive shortcomings. However, I think something needs to be done about this during the off-season. Everett is arbitration-eligible, so the Sox will probably let him walk in order to receive a draft-pick as comphensation.

That doesn't solve the problem of who takes Carl's spot in center. A lot will depend on the progress of Joe Borchard and Jeremy Reed. If one or both of these guys is ready by next spring, the Sox should strongly consider bringing one of them on board when the they leave Spring Training and go back to Chicago. Aaron Rowand has improved, but he is still a fourth-outfield at best. I wish that weren't the case, but it is. The Sox have too many LF-DH types on their roster. That needs to change, and soon.

The Sox haven't had a regular centerfielder since the days of Lance Johnson. Even "Slowswing" was eventually traded.

princek
08-18-2003, 11:39 AM
The solution is dishing out some cash and getting Carlos Beltran from free agency , plain and simple. He has everything that we sorely are missing this year - speed, defense and he hits for avg and power.