PDA

View Full Version : Konerko, put the calendar away!

Jerko
08-18-2003, 11:16 AM
Added Paul Konerko: "No one's going to win this division in August."

I HATE that thinking! OK Paul, lose the rest of the games this month since nobody's going to win it in August. Funny, the Braves won their division in JUNE assmunch! IT does happen. I guess with Kojerko's thinking the Sox can lose every game until September first because that's the month you "win the division". What an ass. I'm sorry but that thinking is what started this whole crap season, along with the last 2. Hey White Sox, you're 14-29 coming off a division title? What's wrong?" Oh, it's only May. Crap logic, loser logic. Even earlier this year, "we're 6 games out with 100 to go, what's the problem"? Well Paulie, now you're 3 games out with 38 to go. So you gained 3 games in 62 (with your 2 best hot streaks included) and have to gain 3 more in 38 against better teams. That's the problem. I can't STAND ANY comments that accept losing. Here are a few: "Well, we always stink on the West coast"; "Seattle always kicks our butts", "It's early", "It's only April, May, June, July, or August", "Nobody wins in august," etc. Keep thinking like that and tell me the next time you win something. I guess it's a moral victory that the Sox didn't go 0-7 on this trip and it's a good thing Arlington Texas is on the west coast.

dickallen15
08-18-2003, 11:20 AM
I wonder what his thoughts are about losing the division in August.

kittle42
08-18-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by dickallen15
I wonder what his thoughts are about losing the division in August.

NO ONE can lose a division in August! Mathematically, aren't the Rays still in it?

FarmerAndy
08-18-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Jerko

I HATE that thinking! OK Paul, lose the rest of the games this month since nobody's going to win it in August. Funny, the Braves won their division in JUNE assmunch! IT does happen. I guess with Kojerko's thinking the Sox can lose every game until September first because that's the month you "win the division". What an ass. I'm sorry but that thinking is what started this whole crap season, along with the last 2. Hey White Sox, you're 14-29 coming off a division title? What's wrong?" Oh, it's only May. Crap logic, loser logic. Even earlier this year, "we're 6 games out with 100 to go, what's the problem"? Well Paulie, now you're 3 games out with 38 to go. So you gained 3 games in 62 (with your 2 best hot streaks included) and have to gain 3 more in 38 against better teams. That's the problem. I can't STAND ANY comments that accept losing. Here are a few: "Well, we always stink on the West coast"; "Seattle always kicks our butts", "It's early", "It's only April, May, June, July, or August", "Nobody wins in august," etc. Keep thinking like that and tell me the next time you win something. I guess it's a moral victory that the Sox didn't go 0-7 on this trip and it's a good thing Arlington Texas is on the west coast.

Amen!

There's been this attitude all year that somehow this is our division to lose. That's a big load of crap. The Sox need to start playing with some heart and intensity, and they'd better do it fast.

TornLabrum
08-18-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
Amen!

There's been this attitude all year that somehow this is our division to lose. That's a big load of crap. The Sox need to start playing with some heart and intensity, and they'd better do it fast.

Well you do have to admit, they're doing a good job of losing it.

RKMeibalane
08-18-2003, 12:11 PM
Konerko must not have been paying much attention in 2000, when the Sox had the division won following the "Seven Glorious Days" roadtrip.

This team continues to find ways to dissapoint me.

gosox41
08-18-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Konerko must not have been paying much attention in 2000, when the Sox had the division won following the "Seven Glorious Days" roadtrip.

This team continues to find ways to dissapoint me.

Konerko's statement shows the obvious lack of intensity that this team plays with against weaker teams. It's almost like who cares, we'll win it when we do. It's bad thinking. Every game counts, even those in April when it's allegedly early. It's never to early to win and any other thinking or rationalization for not performing well is a sign of a loser.

Bob

Iwritecode
08-18-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Jerko

To put this in perspective, this is exactly what the Royals players were saying just a couple of weeks ago when they went 1 - 5 against the Sox and dropped out of first for a couple of hours. Look, they're STILL in first. As bad as the Sox have played this past week, they are still only 3 games back and are coming home where they usually play better. It's true nobody will win or lose this division in August. They just need to start winning now and make sure they take those H2H series against KC and Minny.