PDA

View Full Version : Interesting PK stat.

gosox41
08-18-2003, 07:57 AM
I'm only pointing this out beucause it's a fact. Those who don't like it, I wouldn't read to much into it other then the actual numbers. This is the one stat that I haven't seen mentioned in last weeks debacle. Obviously there were many other players to be blamed for not doing their jobs so I am not saying the Sox went 1-6 solely because of PK.

By my count last week, PK came up to bat with the bases loaded and less then 2 outs a total of 4 times. Out of 16 possible RBI's in that situation, he had a grand total of: 1.

Bob

TornLabrum
08-18-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
I'm only pointing this out beucause it's a fact. Those who don't like it, I wouldn't read to much into it other then the actual numbers. This is the one stat that I haven't seen mentioned in last weeks debacle. Obviously there were many other players to be blamed for not doing their jobs so I am not saying the Sox went 1-6 solely because of PK.

By my count last week, PK came up to bat with the bases loaded and less then 2 outs a total of 4 times. Out of 16 possible RBI's in that situation, he had a grand total of: 1.

Bob

That's okay, though. Remember, it's Frank Thomas not producing that's killing us. Just ask Gen. Disarray.

Jerko
08-18-2003, 08:54 AM
And the kicker is Konerko is the guy eating up the spot where Thomas might actually help us. So, our "best" guy is basically neutralized for our worst. I know Thomas has delcined and Konerko has improved, but many on here agree that PK was the WORST starting player in the league through July, and for Thomas to be sacrificed for that is just inexcusable. Yeah, he can be a bitch, but do you blame him? Just think of yourselves at work being held back from something you are good at in favor of the biggest loser in the office. What mood would YOU be in all the time?

adsit
08-18-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Just think of yourselves at work being held back from something you are good at in favor of the biggest loser in the office. What mood would YOU be in all the time?

That's happpened to me before. I got fed up with it, got a new job with a different employer, and moved out of Chicago. Just like Frank's going to do.

SouthSideHitman
08-18-2003, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I think this is just karma. Last Paul was an RBI machine, this year he's a double play machine. It's getting to the point where I think that he should just take a strike out with the bases loaded and save us that extra out.

RKMeibalane
08-18-2003, 09:58 AM
It's funny how Jerry Manuel says Frank Thomas isn't helping the club, in spite of his twenty eight home runs. Manuel says that Frank can't justifty his power numbers because he's hitting .260. Based on that logic, I guess Paul Konerko should focus on breaking Barry Bonds' home run record, because he carried around that .185 average for most of the first half.

Jerry Manuel has turned into a typical bully. He criticizes certain people, but when somebody says something directed back at him, he can't handle it. The man needs to be fired. He's worthless.

gosox41
08-18-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by SouthSideHitman
Yeah, I think this is just karma. Last Paul was an RBI machine, this year he's a double play machine. It's getting to the point where I think that he should just take a strike out with the bases loaded and save us that extra out.

Maybe he pissed off the baseball gods last season for calling out Frank in the media. Since then he's been absolutely terrible.

Bob

Hangar18
08-18-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
And the kicker is Konerko is the guy eating up the spot where Thomas might actually help us. So, our "best" guy is basically neutralized for our worst. I know Thomas has delcined and Konerko has improved, but many on here agree that PK was the WORST starting player in the league through July

He was the WORST up until very Recently......Pat Burrell of the Phillies is now the Worst, and only by a few points.
Burrell has a 79 point drop in BA as opposed to last year.
Konkero has a 70 point drop in BA. Both pretty BRUTAL.