PDA

View Full Version : Make your predicitons for the next 7 games


gosox41
08-18-2003, 07:53 AM
I see the sox going 4-3 this week, but after last week they need to go 7-0. For some reason this team drops their intensity level against weaker teams. I think being at home will help, but not that much.

Bob

Kilroy
08-18-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
I see the sox going 4-3 this week, but after last week they need to go 7-0. For some reason this team drops their intensity level against weaker teams. I think being at home will help, but not that much.

Bob

At what point did Texas look weak? Not that we shouldn't have beaten them, but they wore our asses out.

I say 5-2 this week.

gosox41
08-18-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
At what point did Texas look weak? Not that we shouldn't have beaten them, but they wore our asses out.

I say 5-2 this week.

They did wear us out, especially Colon and they knocked around Loiaza pretty good. Overall Texas still isn't what I consider a good team and there was no reason to be swept by them.

Bob

WHarris13
08-18-2003, 08:15 AM
Monday vs. Anaheim Win: Buehrle pitches a gem, Sox get enough runs to get by.
Tuesday vs. Anaheim Loss: Garland cannot get the job done, and the Sox lose.
Wednesday vs. Anaheim Win: Loaiza pitches like the All-Star we know he is.
Thursday vs. Anaheim Win: Bartolo returns to his form from last year and certain parts of this year.
Friday vs. Texas Win:Cotts has hit best outing of the year and the SOx get the win.
Saturday vs. Texas Win: Buehrle continues his dominance from Monday and the Sox cruise to victory.
Sunday vs. Texas Win: Garland gets back on track and the Sox go 6-1 on the homestand.

Big offensive player for the week:
:hurt
"See, I told you I would get back on track.

Jerko
08-18-2003, 08:51 AM
If this team takes any one of these next 7 games lightly because Anaheim and Texas "suck" Jerry Manuel should be drawn and quartered on the pitchers mound when the last out is made Sunday. Yes these are major leaguers but the manager has to have SOME role in preparing his team to play; ESPECIALLY if it has been proven over the years that the current core of players can't motivate themselves.

MRKARNO
08-18-2003, 09:36 AM
5-2 or 6-1

The white sox will be motivated by the large crowds on Monday and Saturday and win those (Both of which pitched by Mark Buerhle)

Tuesday: The sox will again be baffled by shields

Wednesday: Loaiza pitches like 2003 esteban Loaiza and we get just enough offense

Thursday: All dependent on whether we see the dominant bartolo or the one who serves up a ton of homers

Friday: Colby Lewis will be figured out (as every other team has) and neal cotts will put us in a position to win by allowing less than 5 over 6 ip and we'll finally beat up on colby

Saturday: see above

Sunday: Garland pitches mediocrily and the bullpen keeps us in it for magglio to win it with his first career walkoff homer

SouthSideHitman
08-18-2003, 09:41 AM
5-2. They're off the west coast and at home where they always do better. I bet they snap the funk with a 10-0 shutout against Washburn tonight and the offense comes back with avengence after that.

cheeses_h_rice
08-18-2003, 09:55 AM
Call me a pessimist: 3-4 or 2-5.

MRKARNO
08-18-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Call me a pessimist: 3-4 or 2-5.

you pessimist! :smile:

harwar
08-18-2003, 10:26 AM
If the Sox play well this week and go from playing like the worst team in baseball to the best(once again) then i just give up trying to predict what this team will do.Nothing this team does makes any sense.You just never know which way the wind will take them.
I say,play like you did right after the break(sans the 1st game),get in the playoffs,and MAKE REAL DAMN SURE that you don't have to play any games on the west coast.

Thunderstruck30
08-18-2003, 11:15 PM
I say they go 5-2.

OEO Magglio
08-18-2003, 11:47 PM
I think it's fair to say that this team is pretty hard to predict, but since there at home I think they'll do pretty well.........hopefully, but I'm not going to make a prediction.

MRKARNO
08-18-2003, 11:48 PM
When you dont know what to expect, expect the unexpected

FJA
08-19-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by WHarris13
Monday vs. Anaheim Win: Buehrle pitches a gem, Sox get enough runs to get by.
Tuesday vs. Anaheim Loss: Garland cannot get the job done, and the Sox lose.
Wednesday vs. Anaheim Win: Loaiza pitches like the All-Star we know he is.
Thursday vs. Anaheim Win: Bartolo returns to his form from last year and certain parts of this year.
Friday vs. Texas Win:Cotts has hit best outing of the year and the SOx get the win.
Saturday vs. Texas Win: Buehrle continues his dominance from Monday and the Sox cruise to victory.
Sunday vs. Texas Win: Garland gets back on track and the Sox go 6-1 on the homestand.

Big offensive player for the week:
:hurt
"See, I told you I would get back on track.

Part of me says this is too optimistic, but I can't argue with your reasoning. I think we're going to see a good outing from Cotts on Friday. His improvement between starts was great, and I am very eager to see what he can do in front of the home crowd.

BTW, Thursday's opponent is Texas.

So as not to get too excited, I'm predicting 5-2 ... the only guy I'm worried about that you are not is Colon. He's just looked awful the last two starts.

Lip Man 1
08-19-2003, 12:10 AM
Given the fact that the Sox have 36 games left...

Given the fact that the Royals play at N.Y. and at Minn this week...

Given the fact that the Sox are running out of schedule advantages....

They HAVE to go no worse then 5-2. Period!

And yes, these are the schizoid White Sox they never do what you expect and haven't this decade.

P.S. Something to keep in mind...the final four games of the year has the Sox at K.C. while Minnesota plays Detroit!

Lip

RKMeibalane
08-19-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
P.S. Something to keep in mind...the final four games of the year has the Sox at K.C. while Minnesota plays Detroit!

My worst nightmare: seeing the Twins sneak into the playoffs while the Sox and Royals beat the hell out of each other. If that happens, I hope the Metrodome is destroyed.

kempsted
08-19-2003, 05:11 PM
OK - we will go 6-1 or 7-0 in the next seven games. We will get all excited again - maybe even be in first place. There will be a buzz. We then drop three straight to the Yanks. It's OK boys its the Yanks. Then we will drop three to the Tigers and people will say... Hey they suck, they can never make it.. Then we will win again....

This has been the pattern. Dave Wills said it best earlier in the season. This team sucks you in - only to spit you back out.

Hopefully only the first half of my prediction will come true. :)

All of this up and down helps fuel the Sox bipolar disorder - print the play off tickets, shred them, print them, shred them ....

Twins8791
08-20-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
My worst nightmare: seeing the Twins sneak into the playoffs while the Sox and Royals beat the hell out of each other. If that happens, I hope the Metrodome is destroyed. Twins in the playoffs and the Metrodome no more! The best of everything!

LASOXFAN
08-20-2003, 01:44 AM
P.S. Something to keep in mind...the final four games of the year has the Sox at K.C. while Minnesota plays Detroit!

Lip [/B][/QUOTE]

The most important stat of all, the schedule that has us on the road in KC while the Twins tear up the kittens. I see the Twins sweeping that series, so the Sox better be in first - WITH A LEAD OF AT LEAST 2 OR 3 GAMES - to even have a chance.

Twins pitching is still a big question mark in my opinion. Santana's better, but after that?