PDA

View Full Version : Gary Miller just told ESPN radio...

Bisco Stu
08-18-2003, 04:19 AM
...that there is NOWHERE to hang out after a Sox game. "You get on the El and leave." But you can spend DAYS hanging out in Wrigleyville."

"Don't get me wrong," Miller, a lifelong Flubs fan said, "the Sox have had colorful teams. Uh...the South Side Hit Men."

Sorry, Gary, but Winnin' Ugly and Go-Go were FAR more colorful than the Hit Men. Leave it to a Flubs fan...

NOW he just said, bitching about Frank Thomas, "The Sox have always been a tough interview. In 1993, you only had Robin Ventura. Pitching staff was full of guys who couldn't speak English."

Yeah, Black Jack and that thick Irish brouge of his...

NOW he just said he looks forward to hanging in the Angels clubhouse tomorrow night before the ESPN game. "Lotta fun in there, complete opposite of the Sox clubhouse."

Damn, he's biased. Can't believe we share surnames.

spanishwhite
08-18-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
...that there is NOWHERE to hang out after a Sox game. "You get on the El and leave." But you can spend DAYS hanging out in Wrigleyville."

"Don't get me wrong," Miller, a lifelong Flubs fan said, "the Sox have had colorful teams. Uh...the South Side Hit Men."

Sorry, Gary, but Winnin' Ugly and Go-Go were FAR more colorful than the Hit Men. Leave it to a Flubs fan...

NOW he just said, bitching about Frank Thomas, "The Sox have always been a tough interview. In 1993, you only had Robin Ventura. Pitching staff was full of guys who couldn't speak English."

Yeah, Black Jack and that thick Irish brouge of his...

NOW he just said he looks forward to hanging in the Angels clubhouse tomorrow night before the ESPN game. "Lotta fun in there, complete opposite of the Sox clubhouse."

Damn, he's biased. Can't believe we share surnames.

AND... he said that Manuel and his calm demeanor make for a great coach and the reason that the Sox where in the race.

The broadcaster (forgot who he was) said "eventhough he is hated on the southside."

Of course Miller defended him (Manuel) more.

Not to argue with Bisco, but I believe that Miller said that you could spend WEEKS hanging aroung Wrigley.

I dont know, everything he said pissed me completely off.

Jerko
08-18-2003, 10:57 AM
We are fighting a losing battle my friends. The Sox can build a Mini Navy Pier on 35th street and it will never change. I guess Jimbos and Shinnicks and Schallers and the Redwood don't count since they are not within "falling down drunk distance" from the park (except for Jimbos) Not that I'm proud of this, but I've been in those bars at Wrigley and I usually can't wait to leave since my idea of fun is not standing in a roomful of drunk men hitting on the 3 good looking broads that they can actually see and that they have no chance of getting with anyway because they're all about 17 years old and are already there with their 32 year old "boyfriend/sperm donor". Also, as I've said many times, the Bullpen bar in the park and the Stadium club are nice too, and they're in the park! MAYBE the Sox should consider KEEPING them open like real bars and playing all day games! Too bad that will never happen because of the drunk factor. I would love to not have a job and be able to belly up to the bullpen bar at 10 a.m., drink for hours, stumble to the game, go back to the bar after the game, drink more, and repeat. DAY games and BEER are why the Cubs are popular, nothing else. I was on the el yesterday coming from the air show, and the train was inundated with Cub fans and all they said was "I saw a plane!" Some guy yelled out "what did the Cubs do" and I knew they lost just by looking at the lemmings, but nobody answered him? Did they not know or are they too 'scared' to talk to someone not in their little world? Snobby *******s. Move that hole in the wall of a park and that team is dead meat, and I hope they DON'T realize that when their little expansion keeps getting shelved and they do the unthinkable and move!

harwar
08-18-2003, 11:12 AM
Everytime the White Sox are on national TV they spend almost the entire game showing the other dugout and talking about the other team.I expect more of the same tonight.

Viva Magglio
08-18-2003, 11:16 AM
Isn't Gary Miller the same guy who got into minor legal problems because of his hanging out somewhere after a sporting event?

CHISOXFAN13
08-18-2003, 11:21 AM
If my memory serves me correct, he's the guy who likes to piss of balconies onto the street below him.

Hullett_Fan
08-18-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
If my memory serves me correct, he's the guy who likes to piss of balconies onto the street below him.

That is corrrect. Typical Cub Fan behavior.

Unfortunately, I do have to agree with everything he said (except Manuel). There is no where to hang out around Comiskey after the game (except the 1 hour we're allowed to tailgate afterwards). I like Jerko's suggestions.

:gulp:

kittle42
08-18-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan

There is no where to hang out around Comiskey after the game (except the 1 hour we're allowed to tailgate afterwards). I like Jerko's suggestions.

Very true. The Comiskey neighborhood sucks. While it may not be the greatest hanging around stupid ex-sorority girls and even stupider frat guys, at least it is somewhere to hang out. The bars within walking distance of Comiskey? Well, let's just say they aren't exactly the most happening places. And while the price may be right and they may be comfortable bars, who the hell wants to walk around Comiskey after a game, seriously. And I am *not* one to complain about "bad areas" of the city, etc. Still, it's just not any fun.

That being said, if the Sox and Cubs switched parks (ugh - the thought of playing in Wrigley sickens me), it would be the Sox who sell out and the Flubs whose attendance sucks.

Jerko
08-18-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13

That is him, Gary Miller the piss boy. No wonder he likes the Urinal so much. Also he's probably sticking it to us for being mean to his little obnoxious friend Chris Vermin who would get sucked right up at delicious little Wrigley.

maurice
08-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
[Gary Miller says] there is NOWHERE to hang out after a Sox game. "You get on the El and leave." But you can spend DAYS hanging out in Wrigleyville."

We're glad that you don't think that 2-8 blocks is within walking distance. By all means, get on the el after the game and have your fun hanging out in boystown. It's bad enough sitting near fat trixies in halter tops and fratboys in Abecrombe/Ralph Lauren shirts during the game.

pudge
08-18-2003, 12:49 PM
Haha, Gary Miller, what a tool - this moron has been regulated to clubhouse duty and kicked out of all studio work... I'm glad he's not a sox fan, 'cause he's a total loser.

daveb816
08-18-2003, 05:45 PM
He's an idiot. He was on AM1000 after the first Sox-Cubs game and proclaimed that Sox have 'maybe the worst defensive team of all time'. Just a slight exaggeration, don't you think. He also said how 'incredibly awful' Buehrle has been, when he had been pitching well for a month.

Lip Man 1
08-18-2003, 07:34 PM
When Miller pulled off his "urination" stunt he was in Cleveland for the playoffs. Unfortunately for him he pissed on two cops who were below.

ESPN pulled him off the air until his "trial" only it never got to that they settled out of court.

After that they shipped him off to L.A. where he took over the "Up Close" show vacated by Chris Myers when he went to Fox.

You're right...Miller is a tool! When he was doing SportsCenter and before that when he worked on CNN, he'd ALWAYS stumble and mumble three or four times a show.

I couldn't understand how a guy who speaks that bad got on a national network.

Lip

AMestan
08-19-2003, 01:20 AM
Gary Miller and Grobber belong with Barney the Purple thing and OZZIE, etc., singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame at Smallville. When I take the El home from work and the Cub's are in town I'm surrounded by Simpletons, thank God I get off at Clark and Division. I'm also happy that I grew up in a neighborhood where big mouthed know nothings we're laughed at and never taken seriously. People like this didn't exist let alone opened thier mouth in public. Miller, Grobber, Marriotti, Mike Murphy, they belong in their Cubbie world. Who cares what they say or do. How about Mike Murphy's comments about Nellie Fox getting into the Hall of Fame because some Irish lawyers got together and pulled some strings? This guy is your typical out of touch Cub fan. Gary Miller is your typical Yuppie Wannabe! Pissing off of balconies, hanging out in Lake View, whatever. I actually feel sorry for these guys, as well as, the majority of Cub Nation. Who would want to live a little a life from North of the River to Howard, East of Ashland to the Lake. I'm stereotyping but I think the majority of people on this website get my point. The dummying down of America! How about the dummying down of baseball and Chicago in general. These guys are jokes and so are there fans. Who in their right mind would listen or want to have drink with any of these people.

ShoelessFred
08-19-2003, 01:34 AM
DO YOU GO TO THE BALLPARK TO WATCH THE GAME? OR DO YOU GO TO THE BALLPARK TO HANG OUT AT BARS AFTERWARDS? i go to watch the team. is there some need to go to a bar after a baseball game? was there anyplace to hang out after going to a bulls game during their championship run? it's just more flubbie spin that it's sooooo GREAT to hang out at a bar after a game.