PDA

View Full Version : I'm remaining positive throughout the rest of the year:

ChiSox14305635
08-18-2003, 12:25 AM
Yeah, we got swept in Texas, and finished 1-6 on this road trip. But we haven't lost too much ground to KC & Minnesota, and we still get them for 7 each. I'm not about to give up on this team yet, despite the hot/cold hitting, shaky bullpen, & questionable calls from Manuel. Whatever happens, happens.

Please keep in mind, this is just my opinion, as I don't want to force it on anyone else.

Lip Man 1
08-18-2003, 12:48 AM
Chi:

I don't think the fans have given up but they realize when you have a club as inconsistent as this in all areas on the field and in the managers chair, the odds are pretty long.

I can't explain it but something always happens, the Sox always seem to be short in one area that always kills them and because they won't spend the money when these things happen they can't go out and rectify it.

Lip

cheeses_h_rice
08-18-2003, 12:51 AM
Not to be a bummer, but you have to look at the Sox's remaining schedule vs. that of the Twins.

The Sox should have at least come back from this road trip at 3-4 or 4-3...it doesn't get much easier from here on out, unless you consider the Red Sox and Yankees pushovers.

MRKARNO
08-18-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

The Sox should have at least come back from this road trip at 3-4 or 4-3...it doesn't get much easier from here on out, unless you consider the Red Sox and Yankees pushovers.

The key is to factor out schedule and factor in heart. If the sox care, they will win. Playing at home makes the sox care and playing good teams and being criticized. I think the sox actually play better when they're playing better teams (barring the al west). they played boston earlier and looked pretty damn good against them (they would have taken 3 of 4 if Koch didnt screw it up)

gosox41
08-18-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
The key is to factor out schedule and factor in heart. If the sox care, they will win. Playing at home makes the sox care and playing good teams and being criticized. I think the sox actually play better when they're playing better teams (barring the al west). they played boston earlier and looked pretty damn good against them (they would have taken 3 of 4 if Koch didnt screw it up)

Then it didn't look like the sox cared too much this past week. Do they realize that every game is huge right now and they cna't let up?

Bob

MRKARNO
08-18-2003, 10:25 AM
yeah but the games are more important as you get later in the season, so maybe they'll realize that this is the stretch run and get motivated to win

adsit
08-18-2003, 10:41 AM
I'm surrounded... nay, suffocated... by the bleatings of Red Sox fans, who fully believe they can overtake the A's for the wild card. As of this morning they're 9 games off that mark. I call that misguided optimism.

We're playing like we've already given up, but I don't see a clear favorite to lock up our division right now. The Royals are just as streaky and patched-together as we are. And the Twins are gonna get bit by a few of these teams they're about to play... they seem a little overconfident about their cake schedule and I bet they take a nap.

I agree the division will be decided in the head-to-heads. Just hope the wind isn't blowing out of the Metrodome during the late innings of close games.