PDA

View Full Version : As much as I would love to see JM fired...

Viva Magglio
08-17-2003, 11:12 PM
...it would be very impractical to do it now. I think the time has passed for a midseason firing of Manuel. Replacing him now, while still in the heat of a pennant race despite this 1-6 road trip, would have a bad effect on the players. And a bad replacement of Manuel would only further undermine things.

I say that Manuel should be ousted at the end of the season.

inta
08-17-2003, 11:15 PM
firing is too gentle.

i want him brought out to the cell for a public stoning by southsiders the day the playoffs start.

WHarris13
08-17-2003, 11:16 PM
I would be the 1st one there.

Tragg
08-17-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
...it would be very impractical to do it now. I think the time has passed for a midseason firing of Manuel. Replacing him now, while still in the heat of a pennant race despite this 1-6 road trip, would have a bad effect on the players. And a bad replacement of Manuel would only further undermine things.

I say that Manuel should be ousted at the end of the season.

Yes, it's way too late.
And he's not the only one who should be on the first train out of here - several players come to mind -ahem, Valentine.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-17-2003, 11:19 PM
Normally, I would agree with your assessment. Amazingly, we're still in the hunt. If Manuel is picking fights publicly with key ballplayers (and he has been since the all star break) getting him out of the clubhouse would be a net plus for the ballclub. If they could find anybody--ANYBODY--inside the organization who already knows the ballplayers and can simply get out of the way and let this team's superior talent shine through, the Sox ought to make the move.

Reinsdorf prides himself on being a maverick, unwilling to sheepishly follow baseball's conventional wisdom. Let's see him dump his manager in mid-August and take a stab at righting the ship that Manuel seem hellbent to scuttle.

Get that dumb mother****er outta here.

:jerry
"That would be me."

:reinsy
"And eat his salary in 2004? That would be crazy!"

WHarris13
08-17-2003, 11:24 PM
I see many similarities between Jerry and my Little Leauge manager.

Tragg
08-17-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
No If they could find anybody--ANYBODY--inside the organization who already knows the ballplayers and can simply get out of the way and let this team's superior talent shine through, the Sox ought to make the move.

Nossek could handle the job for 2 months, couldn't he? I thought he did a good job the few times Manuel decided to leave early - he actually pinch hit for players.

MisterB
08-18-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Reinsdorf prides himself on being a maverick, unwilling to sheepishly follow baseball's conventional wisdom.

:reinsy
"Yeah, this 'winning championships' thing is so outdated..."

Jerko
08-18-2003, 01:52 PM
I remember Michigan canned Freider as BBall coach right before the tournament and then WON it with Fisher. I know Fisher was responsible for the Thugdom of the Fab 5, but hey, let's win now and worry later. My point is, firing a coach/manager this late CAN work. I think it happened in hockey with the Devils; the coach got fired during the year and they won the Cup. I say let's try it!