PDA

View Full Version : Manuel-isms

RKMeibalane
08-17-2003, 06:35 PM
The following are sayings that have been attributed to Jerry Manuel throughout his years as the White Sox manager.

"I do like to tinker. It usually doesn't work, though." - Manuel referring to his decision to change the lineup after a disasterous evening in Anaheim, during May, 2002.

"I still have a few things I haven't tried. You know I like to tinker. I'm not going to unveil anything, but when you see the new lineups, you'll be like 'What's he doing now? He needs to be fired.'" - Manuel saying that he will continue to experiment with new lineups in an effort to break the team out of its offensive funk during the summer of 2002.

"Unless there's some sort of emergency, I don't think I'll put him out there." - Manuel referring to speculation about Frank Thomas seeing more time at first base.

TornLabrum
08-17-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
The following are sayings that have been attributed to Jerry Manuel throughout his years as the White Sox manager.

"I do like to tinker. It usually doesn't work, though." - Manuel referring to his decision to change the lineup after a disasterous evening in Anaheim, during May, 2002.

"I still have a few things I haven't tried. You know I like to tinker. I'm not going to unveil anything, but when you see the new lineups, you'll be like 'What's he doing now? He needs to be fired.'" - Manuel saying that he will continue to experiment with new lineups in an effort to break the team out of its offensive funk during the summer of 2002.

"Unless there's some sort of emergency, I don't think I'll put him out there." - Manuel referring to speculation about Frank Thomas seeing more time at first base.

I agree with #2. He needs to be fired.