PDA

View Full Version : Royals Win

WHarris13
08-17-2003, 04:38 PM
5-4 over the Twins. Is this good or bad in your opinion?

JJAustin69
08-17-2003, 04:41 PM
I don't want Minnesota getting too hot with a sweep so I can accept a KC win today. We have to win while those two teams are playing each other, that is the big thing.

FJA
08-17-2003, 04:42 PM
I didn't care too much about who won, choosing rather to just care about what the Sox are going to do tonight, but I think this might be the best-case scenario. While it would have been nice to play for one game out, it wouldn't have been so nice to have to win to stay ahead of the Twins. I do not like the thought of third place, and with Cotts on the mound, that was a very real possibility had the Twins won.

Nick@Nite
08-17-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by WHarris13
5-4 over the Twins. Is this good or bad in your opinion?

It's good... Twins have the easiest schedule the rest of the way, so the Royals reeling them in to salvage one game is okay. As long as the Royals/Twins basically split their remaining games (they play each other one more series), that'll work.

We play both the Twins and Royals two more times.

Royals/Twins basically splitting there games is good for us, even if it's marginal help... however, we still have to win games, especially against the likes of Texas, Detroit, etc.

SouthBendSox
08-17-2003, 05:13 PM
"We are not going away."- Tony Pena

good for the sox though

not playing corpseball would be even better