PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Responds

Lip Man 1
08-16-2003, 11:52 PM
I think I'm more helpful to the team setting the tone with a big bat, I've had some big games with homers and doubles, and I've definitely gotten away from looking for bloopers and basehits. Sure, I can take my walks. But when you start doing that, you lose that aggression."-- Frank Thomas to the Chicago Tribune

and according to the same story Manager Gandhi was pissed at the reporters. Gandhi said the reporters didn't quote him completely regarding Thomas. Gandhi stated he also praised Thomas' work ethic.

Oh OK put all the blame for a lousy season on him, put all the pressure for the rest of the season on him, but then say he's a "hard worker."

The guy's stupidity knows no bounds.

Lip

RedPinStripes
08-17-2003, 01:33 AM
Who does jerry have pictures of ? Who did he blackmale to even get a coaching job in themajors? I dont know what he could have earned for his future as a player. PUKE!

harwar
08-17-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Who did he blackmale to even get a coaching job in themajors?

JR said after interviewing several candadates that Jerry Manuel "said all the right things".I think Reinsdorf was trying to be progressive by being the first MLB team with an african-american GM,Manager,& color guy(in the booth).
It was hyped up quite a bit in the media for days and got the national attention that JR wanted.It was a nice PR move but there one little problem.He didn't interview enough Manager candidates.I guess Manuel seemed like a nice quiet kinda guy who JR was sure it would be very easy to intimidate for years to come.
I haven't liked manuel from day one.In 2000 he was just holding on for dear life and trying not too mess anything up.I've heard so many times that you don't go from being a great manager to a bad one in 1 season.Jm was just lucky that year and has always been a bufoon.(but i really wanted Don Baylor for the Sox,so what the hell do i know).
I find myself wondering as we face another depressing offseason how Ken Williams would do as a Manager.He seems to know what to do(now that hes' figured some things out)and what this teams needs to win but giving the pieces to Jerry Manuel is like giving chess pieces to an orangutan.

ChiSoxBobette
08-17-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I think I'm more helpful to the team setting the tone with a big bat, I've had some big games with homers and doubles, and I've definitely gotten away from looking for bloopers and basehits. Sure, I can take my walks. But when you start doing that, you lose that aggression."-- Frank Thomas to the Chicago Tribune

and according to the same story Manager Gandhi was pissed at the reporters. Gandhi said the reporters didn't quote him completely regarding Thomas. Gandhi stated he also praised Thomas' work ethic.

Oh OK put all the blame for a lousy season on him, put all the pressure for the rest of the season on him, but then say he's a "hard worker."

The guy's stupidity knows no bounds.

Lip I don't see anything wrong with what Big Frank said , lets face it Franks days of hitting 3.50 are over but he still can hit H.R.'s & doubles which if I'm not mistaken is what a D.H. is supposed to be doing. What good is it if Thomas walks he does'nt have the legs anymore to score from 1st base. Lets face it Manuel is an idiot , we let Rick White go (even though the guy stank the place up)for opening his mouth about how Manuel handles the pitching staff, but here we have Manuel starting garbage with Frankduring a crucial time of the year and then benching him. If this team looses today and come how from this trip 1 & 6 and then turns around and gets spanked again beleive you me boys the fire sale will begin and you can thank Jerry Manuel. Everytime we had a big roadtrip this year this guy has no clue as to how to keep his team UP and I would say motivation is probably one of the only real jobs of a major league manager in this day & age and as we've seen with Manuel not only can't he manage his pitching staff starters & bullpen he does'nt know how to motivate his team. Why would you want to start problems now between yourself and one of your better players, its just amazing .

Go White Sox
Go Big Frank!