PDA

View Full Version : Again

Viva Magglio
08-16-2003, 11:03 PM
Is there anything new I can add to what I've already said? Tonight's debacle was just a rerun of last night's game. Fartolo Colon tanked the game tonight, I assert. We actually showed a lot of heart with that six-spot to lift Colon up, but he gave it all right back the following inning. After that, it was all over.

Yet another kick in the balls for us.

ChiSoxBobette
08-17-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Is there anything new I can add to what I've already said? Tonight's debacle was just a rerun of last night's game. Fartolo Colon tanked the game tonight, I assert. We actually showed a lot of heart with that six-spot to lift Colon up, but he gave it all right back the following inning. After that, it was all over.

Yet another kick in the balls for us.

Any other team , especially a team in a race; after being down 5 - 0 in the 1st inning and then coming back to take a 6-5 lead NO DOUBT SHOULD HAVE BEAT THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF THE TEXAS RANGERS THEN, but the very next inning Colon gives up 4 runs. Lets face it there is something wrong with the guys attitude,maybe he pitched so well in Montreal last year because it was just an audition for another team and evidently we were not the team Bartolo was auditioning for whenever you see the guy on the bench he looks as though he'd rather be somewhere else. I guess you live & learn but this division is right there for the taking and right now it looks like the team who's going to take it is the twinkies & the only good thing about that is that we don't seem to be a patsy for them like we've been the past few years.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-17-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
Any other team , especially a team in a race; after being down 5 - 0 in the 1st inning and then coming back to take a 6-5 lead NO DOUBT SHOULD HAVE BEAT THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF THE TEXAS RANGERS THEN, but the very next inning Colon gives up 4 runs. Lets face it there is something wrong with the guys attitude,maybe he pitched so well in Montreal last year because it was just an audition for another team and evidently we were not the team Bartolo was auditioning for whenever you see the guy on the bench he looks as though he'd rather be somewhere else. I guess you live & learn but this division is right there for the taking and right now it looks like the team who's going to take it is the twinkies & the only good thing about that is that we don't seem to be a patsy for them like we've been the past few years.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Colon's "attitude problem" started after Manuel left him in a game too long last spring without anyone warming up in the bullpen. Instead of warming someone up, Manuel left Colon out there to get shelled. The next game Colon told Manuel in the dugout he should have somebody ready in the bullpen, so Manuel immediately pulled Colon before the next inning--and the bullpen blew the game. Apparently Manuel doesn't appreciate the value of advice from his starting pitcher--or is too clueless to use it properly.

Isn't it funny how guys come to the Sox all filled with piss and vinegar, ready to beat up all the lilleputians in the A.L. Central, and then after six weeks or so they have "attitude" problems? How soon before Everett and Alomar are infected, too? Our hot streak coincided with their arrival and they're coming up on their Six-Week anniversary, too. :(:

RKMeibalane
08-17-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Maybe it's just me, but I think Colon's "attitude problem" started after Manuel left him in a game too long last spring without anyone warming up in the bullpen. Instead of warming someone up, Manuel left Colon out there to get shelled. The next game Colon told Manuel in the dugout he should have somebody ready in the bullpen, so Manuel immediately pulled Colon before the next inning--and the bullpen blew the game. Apparently Manuel doesn't appreciate the value of advice from his starting pitcher--or is too clueless to use it properly.

Isn't it funny how guys come to the Sox all filled with piss and vinegar, ready to beat up all the lilleputians in the A.L. Central, and then after six weeks or so they have "attitude" problems? How soon before Everett and Alomar are infected, too? Our hot streak coincided with their arrival and they're coming up on their Six-Week anniversary, too. :(:

All of this is just more proof that Jerry Manuel needs to be fired. He can spend the rest of his life tinkering with automobile engines as far as I'm concerned.

SoxxoS
08-17-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
All of this is just more proof that Jerry Manuel needs to be fired. He can spend the rest of his life tinkering with automobile engines as far as I'm concerned.

Which would cause numerous accidents around the chicagoland area.

Lip Man 1
08-17-2003, 02:41 PM
Gang:

Some of you have outlined quite nicely what I was trying to say in another threat about my comment that people don't want to play for the Sox.

There's a lot of baggage here...from the White Flag to the strike to the perception that Comiskey is a bad park, to the idiots attacking the coach / ump to Jerry Manuel to the owner.

That's a lot to overcome. Word gets around, players (and agents) talk to each other.

David Wells performed great before and after his Sox stint. I have no doubt that Colon will be the next guy to walk the same road.

Lip