PDA

View Full Version : I hope we have sellouts on Monday & Tuesday...

Viva Magglio
08-16-2003, 09:58 PM
...so that we Sox fans can all boo our arses off for this corpseball road trip!!!!!!!!

pudge
08-16-2003, 10:35 PM
Believe me, I understand your frustration, but there's no point in booing when they come home. We need big, supportive crowds to get this team back on track.

TornLabrum
08-17-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by pudge
Believe me, I understand your frustration, but there's no point in booing when they come home. We need big, supportive crowds to get this team back on track.

I'm there Monday, as is No. 1 Son if he gets back to the city in time.

MRKARNO
08-17-2003, 12:59 AM
I'll be there monday, tuesday and thursday and even if they lose tomorrow, I'll still be supportive even though this losing streak is coming at a pretty bad time, but at least it isn't coming in september or october

It seems like monday could very well be a sellout as the best available seats on ticketmaster are upper deck off-center already and the rest will be sold day of game

jabrch
08-17-2003, 06:34 AM
And I will be looking for a whole lot more energy than I saw on TV. After a miserable road trip like this, this team needs to tell us via their play on this homestand, if they plan on making a run for this in Sept.

harwar
08-17-2003, 10:43 AM
I'm going to be back in the park after being sidelined with an injury and i can't wait.I have never actually booed a player because it seems so ridiculous to me.However;When Manuel steps out onto the field i may not be able to control myself as i blame him for the mess that we are in.
If Tampa Bays' "Uncle Lou" had been given an offer that he couldn't refuse and been lured to the southside,i truley believe that we would be 20 games over .500 right now.

rcescato
08-17-2003, 12:07 PM
I am going on Tuesday. But I am once again so disappointed
that if they lose today and Monday that I might back out.
How sad is that. Only 2 games out and it feels like 20.

SoxxoS
08-17-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by rcescato
I am going on Tuesday. But I am once again so disappointed
that if they lose today and Monday that I might back out.
How sad is that. Only 2 games out and it feels like 20.

That is a good thing, though. That tells everyone something.

Every team has their bad streaks. Baseball is a game of streaks. We just have to weather the storm and as Will Ferrell says 'Keep on truckin." I thought maybe we would have a nice lead going into the final 10, but it doesnt look like that is the case. We have the vets, which the Royals don't have, and we must use that to our advantage.

We'll come back strong this week.

CHISOXFAN13
08-17-2003, 01:43 PM
Every team goes through tough streaks like this.

Hell, look at Minnesota last week. They looked awful in three straight setbacks to the Tribe and now look.

We are still in the hunt, and I know damn well that I'll be at the park hoping to give this team a much-needed spark.

SoxFan76
08-17-2003, 02:41 PM
alot of sox fans take the exact oppostite approach that cubs fans do. when the cubs are 5 games back in june, they start printing the playoff tickets. when the sox are 2 games back with plenty of games left with minnesota and KC, but still late in the season, we all say the season is a bust, and better luck next year. well i always try to stay positive, and i think this losing streak came at the right time. its better than losing 4 straight at the end of the year while facing the twinkies and KC. let the sox get this out of their system, and just go on a tear from here on out. the offense has been there. last night they scored 8 runs and lost. theyve been putting up runs, but for the first time the pitchers havent been doing their job. 2 of our 3 aces just got shelled by a last place team. i know texas has a good offense, but colon and loaiza are quality pitchers. those 3 aces are too good to just combust at the end of the year. so i say that the season is far from over, theres no need to boo the sox at home, and lets stay positive, because if you ask me, the sox have a better chance than the cubs to make the playoffs.

and something i thought of today, what if the sox had dusty baker? the sox would be unstoppable. look what he did to a team with not alot of talent. they are a half game out of first. the sox have way more talent, just a crappy manager.

CHISOXFAN13
08-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Baker gets way too much credit, IMO.

This is the same guy that trotted Alfonseca out to the bump day in and day out when he was getting rocked. And he also loved using Lenny Harris at third base.

How is that so different from Manuel?

MRKARNO
08-17-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76

and something i thought of today, what if the sox had dusty baker? the sox would be unstoppable. look what he did to a team with not alot of talent . they are a half game out of first. the sox have way more talent, just a crappy manager.

the team before the trades wasnt talented, but now they have a boatload. They took all the offense away from pittsburg except giles and kendall and they have great 1-2-3 starters in Wood, Prior and Zambrano. As much as we hate him, sosa is talented and so is Alou.

SoxFan76
08-18-2003, 12:38 PM
they have an good offensive outfield when patterson comes back, they have a good all around 2nd baseman, they have good 1-4 starters, and a good closer. there are some holes in that roster, while the sox, on paper, have no holes. i know the bullpen sucks, but if you have damaso, gordon, wunsch, schoenweis (who should be better than hes pitching), koch (same as schoenweis), this should be an unstoppable bullpen. as for the offense, forget about it. they should average 10 runs a game. the starters should be tearing it up, which they have been doing good in general for most of the year unti recently.

the main thing in that paragraph is SHOULD BE. they should be doing a lot of things. the cubs roster SHOULD BE a 3rd place team. but dusty baker brings something extra to teams. i know the giants are still doing well, but alou is their manager. the cubs sucked last year, they bring in baker and the team completely turns around. so i feel a new manager will make a world of difference. with all the dumb things baker has done this year, his team is still closer to 1st than the sox. maybe a new manager could turn around franks career, and every star that comes to the southside wont suck, leave, and dominate the next year on a different team.

rmusacch
08-18-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I'm there Monday, as is No. 1 Son if he gets back to the city in time.

You have more than one kid, Hal?

Hangar18
08-18-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Baker gets way too much credit, IMO.

This is the same guy that trotted Alfonseca out to the bump day in and day out when he was getting rocked. And he also loved using Lenny Harris at third base.

How is that so different from Manuel?

Baker gets way TOO MUCH CREDIT is right. This is also a guy who is afraid to Play THE HAND HES BEEN DEALT, thats why hes always playing GM from the dugout. He doesnt get all these Free Players from the Stupid Pirates....he'd have to ACTUALLY MANAGE A TEAM. Hes a joke. Let me see him take a really bad team.....The Padres...and lets see how good a Manager he is.
let me see him Manage the Padres. The cub team is decent on paper, and is good for .500 with minimum work. Tell me, has he really been good "strategically" ??

Hangar18
08-18-2003, 01:08 PM
I have to Admit....I was supposed to go, but like my cousins, (who were angry that they lugged a big tv out into the yard, under a tent, so we could watch the ballgame Sat nite, during a family BBQ, in front of relatives and friends that traveled some distance, hearing us speak glowingly of our sox, then watch
them look like a bunch of CHUMPS that nite) I was also going to
say Forget it, I have better things I can do with my evening.
HOWEVER, Im going very reluctantly because a buddy of mine wants to go, we hardly get to hang out, hes always with the girlfriend etc etc, so Here I Go ......

TornLabrum
08-18-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
You have more than one kid, Hal?

Nope. That's why he's #1.