PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Are The Sox Done!

ChiSoxBobette
08-16-2003, 07:59 PM
After listening tonight. 5 runs off of Colon in the 1st inning. Now I hear Manuel ripping on Frank and benching him tonight. I've got to think win or loose this year manuel is gone and he's going to do everything possible to destroy any hope for this year. On the White Sox.com site theres a few people who defend this guy , but come on 6years of changing lineups, mishandling pitchers, and causing confrontations with his own players. We should have let this goof go a long time ago. NO OTHER TEAM THAT HAD PLAYOFF ASPIRATIONS WOULD HAVE EVER WENT THIS LONG WITH MANUEL. Oh well the White Sox should have went on this roadtrip so ready to crush teams and instead they're the ones getting crushed and in my opinion its his job to keep his team ready and motivated if its not then why have a manager especially someone like Manuel who still after 6 years can't manage his pitching stafff.
:angry: :angry:

inta
08-16-2003, 08:04 PM
even if the sox go to the world series i want manuel gone.
the sox team is fine, it's this shrimpy little hippie we have non-managing them that has caused them to underachieve for way too long.

Jurr
08-16-2003, 08:10 PM
If the Sox can pull this win out tonight and take tomorrow's game, they're going to be right in this thing. You know how they operate at home, and winning tonight after giving up a big lead would be big.

ChiSoxBobette
08-16-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
If the Sox can pull this win out tonight and take tomorrow's game, they're going to be right in this thing. You know how they operate at home, and winning tonight after giving up a big lead would be big.
Don't count on it , I'm starting to believe the people who call Colon a fat tub of goo who just does'nt care or want to be in Chicago. The Sox come all the way back from 5-0 to take a 6-5 lead and what does the guy do go right out there and last I've seen let the Rangers tie it up. Lets see how long manuel go's with Colon before he yanks him.
:angry: :angry: :angry:

ChiSoxBobette
08-16-2003, 08:32 PM
Texas 9 White Sox 6
I have to beleive Colon does'nt care , 9 runs in 3/4 innings and I suppose our idiot manager will let him stay out there to get destroyed along with all of our hpes of making the post season.

ChiSoxBobette
08-16-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
Texas 9 White Sox 6
I have to beleive Colon does'nt care , 9 runs in 3/4 innings and I suppose our idiot manager will let him stay out there to get destroyed along with all of our hpes of making the post season.

Here Everyone I'll Update My Statement:
THE WHITE SOX ARE DEAD!
I hope they prove me wrong but this road trip they've reverted back to the way they played at the beginning of the season. Its Over Johnny!

RedPinStripes
08-17-2003, 12:40 AM
Here Everyone I'll Update My Statement:
THE WHITE SOX ARE DEAD!
I hope they prove me wrong but this road trip they've reverted back to the way they played at the beginning of the season. Its Over Johnny!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but werent you the guy who was bitching everyone out here early in the season for being negative?

Mammoo
08-17-2003, 12:46 AM
On the bright side, as bad as they've played, they are still only 2 games out. :smile:

Acid
08-17-2003, 12:58 AM
Baseball is agout streaks, all teams get good ones and bad ones. The good teams just dont string loses together as much, We are still in the race just need to start playing games one at a time and stop looking ahead. Pitching is not where it was and Jerry is looking worse and worse. All hands on deck!! just dont ship yet.

ChiSoxBobette
08-17-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Correct me if I'm wrong, but werent you the guy who was bitching everyone out here early in the season for being negative?
You Got The Wrong Guy Buddy!
and I'd love to keep a positive outlook but when you see a team fight back from a 5 run 1st inning to take the lead and then see how quickly Colon gives it right back and from the look of it not even angry about it I'm starting to think that some other people are correct in thier questioning Colons wanting to even be playing for the White Sox. Anaheim is one thing we never play well out there but the game last night after taking the lead with 6 runs in one inning and then seeing it just disappear the very next inning . I think now maybe we should have spent our money somewhere else instead of on Colon, he may have thought this was just going to be a short stop for the year and he'd be off to the Yankees or BoSox. Now we're stuck with the guy and he does'nt seem to even want to be out there.

RedPinStripes
08-17-2003, 10:58 AM
Ok people..........Help me out here. Who am i thinking of? I'm almost positive it was someone with the handle "Bob " in there somewhere.

voodoochile
08-17-2003, 11:07 AM
Ok people..........Help me out here. Who am i thinking of? I'm almost positive it was someone with the handle "Bob " in there somewhere.

No, it's him. I don't even know why either, because I moderated him when he started going off on the other posters... At least the kindler gentler Bob is more understanding and has come around to the "negative point of view" he once so detested...

Bob goes off (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=152534#post152534)

RKMeibalane
08-17-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
No, it's him. I don't even know why either, because I moderated him when he started going off on the other posters... At least the kindler gentler Bob is more understanding and has come around to the "negative point of view" he once so detested...

Bob goes off (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=152534#post152534)

And once again, the WSI moderators show why they are the best in the business. Good work, voodoo.

MRKARNO
08-17-2003, 11:12 AM

Are you indicating that it's bad to be positive?

Many on this board said the sox were out of it in April and May and look how far they've come, so It's good to have positive and pessimistic voices on the board

RedPinStripes
08-17-2003, 11:19 AM

Thanx Voodoo. I thought i was right because i remembered that thread. I have the wrong guy, Bob? BUSTED! :D:

voodoochile
08-17-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

Many on this board said the sox were out of it in April and May and look how far they've come, so It's good to have positive and pessimistic voices on the board

No, I'm an optimist by nature, though the Sox are trying my patience at present. I agree it is good to different points of view on the board. I have never claimed otherwise.

TornLabrum
08-17-2003, 11:28 AM
Thanx Voodoo. I thought i was right because i remembered that thread. I have the wrong guy, Bob? BUSTED! :D:

No, that was the other Bob, the one who had the stuck shift key! Can't you guys tell the difference?

voodoochile
08-17-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
No, that was the other Bob, the one who had the stuck shift key! Can't you guys tell the difference?

I even found that post by clicking on his user name and than "searching for all posts by this user". It's him...

TornLabrum
08-17-2003, 11:33 AM
I even found that post by clicking on his user name and than "searching for all posts by this user". It's him...

Teal, voodoo, teal!

RedPinStripes
08-17-2003, 11:34 AM

Nothing wrong with being negative. I just had to bring it up because i remembered him going off on everyone for being negative. Bad to be negative? HA ! Look at half my posts.

RedPinStripes
08-17-2003, 11:36 AM

So now we have Bob on Valium? :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-17-2003, 11:41 AM

For my part I do remember posting that as bad as we were playing, the division was still there to be taken. Kansas City and Minnesota had each taken big leads and fallen back into the pack.

I'm not sure if that qualifies as being "positive." I think it at least qualifies as being realistic. Speaking of being realistic, I don't see how this ballclub can hope to win the division if Manuel keeps instigating public spats with his key ballplayers. Just my opinion, of course...

voodoochile
08-17-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
For my part I do remember posting that as bad as we were playing, the division was still there to be taken. Kansas City and Minnesota had each taken big leads and fallen back into the pack.

I'm not sure if that qualifies as being "positive." I think it at least qualifies as being realistic. Speaking of being realistic, I don't see how this ballclub can hope to win the division if Manuel keeps instigating public spats with his key ballplayers. Just my opinion, of course...

No no no, George, Jerry was misquoted... er... he didn't really mean it... er... it's okay if Frank does what he is doing... er... he will be playing first base soon... er... Royce is benched...er...oh nevermind...

TornLabrum
08-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Is it just possible that Manuel would like to collect on that last contract year without having to work? I can see his reasoning now: "If I get into it with Frank, we'll lose the division. That will get me fired, but they'll have to pay me for 2004. I can lounge around my new California home all summer and not have a care in the world."

Or should that be in crimson?

duke of dorwood
08-17-2003, 01:12 PM
WSI Moderators: Best in the Business

RKMeibalane
08-17-2003, 01:19 PM
Is it just possible that Manuel would like to collect on that last contract year without having to work? I can see his reasoning now: "If I get into it with Frank, we'll lose the division. That will get me fired, but they'll have to pay me for 2004. I can lounge around my new California home all summer and not have a care in the world."

Or should that be in crimson?

This probably isn't too far from the truth. Manuel continues to do things to confuse and frustrate his players. What he doesn't realize (time and time again) is just how ridiculous he sounds whenever he makes one of his random comments to the media.

Manuel says that Frank's not helping the club because even though he's leading the club in home runs, his avearge isn't high enough to justify those home runs. Manuel thinks that Frank needs to hit fifty homers in order to jusitfy his batting average.

Based on that logic, I guess Paul Konerko should try to hit eighty or ninety home runs, because he spent most of the first half hitting around .185.

Jerry Manuel never ceases to amaze me... with his stupidity.

He needs to be fired.

hose
08-17-2003, 05:08 PM
After listening tonight. 5 runs off of Colon in the 1st inning. Now I hear Manuel ripping on Frank and benching him tonight. I've got to think win or loose this year manuel is gone and he's going to do everything possible to destroy any hope for this year. On the White Sox.com site theres a few people who defend this guy , but come on 6years of changing lineups, mishandling pitchers, and causing confrontations with his own players. We should have let this goof go a long time ago. NO OTHER TEAM THAT HAD PLAYOFF ASPIRATIONS WOULD HAVE EVER WENT THIS LONG WITH MANUEL. Oh well the White Sox should have went on this roadtrip so ready to crush teams and instead they're the ones getting crushed and in my opinion its his job to keep his team ready and motivated if its not then why have a manager especially someone like Manuel who still after 6 years can't manage his pitching stafff.
:angry: :angry:

Easy does it Bob.

The Sox will rebound tonight with a victory and kick some booty on the home stand.