PDA

View Full Version : Cubbies Get Sausage Slayer Simon

DrCrawdad
08-16-2003, 06:06 PM
Can't miss 3rd baseman of the future Kelton, see you next year (maybe, but definitely not at 3rd)...

Can't miss 2nd baseman of the future Bobbie Hill, see you in Pittsburgh...

Now can't miss 1st baseman and 2003 ROY candidate Choi, see you next year. Why?

Showing that they have a continued commitment to character and that youth movement, the Cubbies have traded for Randall The Sausage Slayer Simon.

Brian26
08-16-2003, 07:57 PM
No offense, Craw...

But who cares? I'm seriously sick of reading Scrub news on this board. F them. Save it for the Scrubs AOL board. This is the place to talk about our White Sox.

Viva Magglio
08-17-2003, 01:41 PM
I'll make a Sox segue with this thread. Suppose we signed the Sausage Slayer? What kind of ink do you think we would have gotten compared to the ink the Cubs have received?

TornLabrum
08-17-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I'll make a Sox segue with this thread. Suppose we signed the Sausage Slayer? What kind of ink do you think we would have gotten compared to the ink the Cubs have received?

The Tribune would be calling for a reconvening of the Nuremburg tribunal.

adsit
08-17-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Good call. And that's not just Sox fan paranoia either. Simon's biggest claim to fame is whacking some college student dressed as an Italian sausage. He'll catch crap for that for the rest of his career, and Sausagegate was indeed mentioned on WBZ during the Red Sox game when they talked about this trade. If we sign him, the conversation doesn't stop there. How could any unimaginative sports announcer resist it?

JJAustin69
08-17-2003, 03:31 PM
A Simon error in the 8th has cost the Cubbies a run and now they are down 3-0. The Cubbies humiliatingly chased Palmeiro (ala McGriff) and now take Simon off of the scrap heap. Ha ha.

SouthBendSox
08-17-2003, 04:14 PM
i love that dude though

hes awesome

trade knoerko!!!

MHOUSE
08-17-2003, 11:55 PM
Who is Pittsburgh going to play at 1B? I understand unloading Ramirez (sort of), definately Lofton, Sauerbeck, Suppan, but why Simon too? Three players to the Cubs? I don't know if I would a) unload too many players or b) trade so much within the divison. This seems like a lot of player movement with either side gaining or losing much.

MarkEdward
08-18-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Who is Pittsburgh going to play at 1B?

I'd say either Carlos Rivera or Craig Wilson (not the former member of the Sox), maybe even Matt Stairs. They're both better options than Simon.

Hangar18
08-18-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Who is Pittsburgh going to play at 1B? I understand unloading Ramirez (sort of), definately Lofton, Sauerbeck, Suppan, but why Simon too? Three players to the Cubs? I don't know if I would a) unload too many players or b) trade so much within the divison. This seems like a lot of player movement with either side gaining or losing much.

This is the part where a Good Commissioner (neither of which Describes Bud Selig) wouldve put a stop to this nonsense. This league really is in pretty bad shape. There was a time when it was UNHEARD of to trade within your division, but the Pirates are such a Joke/Broke Franchise, theyre willing to just give their players away, and having a somewhat hard time of doing that.
The Cubs have never been shy about digging thru other teams Trash, Hand extended, hat in hand. Of course, the Cubs have never been shy to Push Down the Proverbial Old-Lady-Leaving-The-Bank-With-Social-Security-Check-in-Purse and taking said purse.