PDA

View Full Version : I believe


SoxFanDan
08-16-2003, 05:12 PM
I believe in this team.

cmon fans, lets hear some positive support

pudge
08-16-2003, 05:39 PM
can you hear your echo?

SoxFanDan
08-16-2003, 05:40 PM
yeah i hear the echo, too bad

TraderTim
08-16-2003, 06:08 PM
I'm there. They turned the corner before the ASG.

Sit back, watch the games, don't get too high or low and wait for the games to be played.

We're in it to win it.

Forkit!

SoxFanDan
08-16-2003, 06:11 PM
This should be the biggest thread ever. LEts give this team some warm loving feelings

voodoochile
08-16-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by SoxFanDan
This should be the biggest thread ever. LEts give this team some warm loving feelings

Go Sox!

I'm feeling warmer and fuzzier already...

SoxFanDan
08-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Bartolo is going to have over 10 k's
Today Maggs will snap out of it.

Lets go Sox, shots for all

DrCrawdad
08-16-2003, 06:46 PM
As with most Sox fans that I know, I'm skeptical and pessimistic by nature. But I'll be there root, root, rooting for the Sox.

soxtalker
08-16-2003, 06:54 PM
It isn't that I think that they can't win it or will blow it. This Sox team has some real weaknesses as well as enormous strengths. They can play very well or very poorly.

Lip Man 1
08-16-2003, 08:35 PM
Dan:

Your kidding right?

Lip

ChiSoxBobette
08-16-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by SoxFanDan
Bartolo is going to have over 10 k's
Today Maggs will snap out of it.

Lets go Sox, shots for all
Colon Is Getting His A$$ Waxed!

RKMeibalane
08-16-2003, 08:46 PM
I believe. This team, at worst, will be two games behind the Royals if they lose. First place is right there for the taking. The Sox are going home soon, so they should be able to turn things around fast.

pudge
08-16-2003, 09:33 PM
Sorry, I can't hear all your optimism over the sound of Texas' bats smashing the ball all over the yard...

lowesox
08-16-2003, 10:23 PM
This next week will make all the difference. If the sox don't go 4-2 I think we're cooked. If they do, game on.

SoxFanDan
08-16-2003, 10:42 PM
All Teams, I repeat all teams have losing streaks. Lets thank our lucky stars that the sox have not fallen that far back. Next week is it, so lets get off our hands and go to the damn game. I would but im stuck at school. Dammit sox fans we can do this, the team showed a little light i guess tonight

soxwon
08-16-2003, 10:42 PM
I know its been tough, but lets still back this team up.
We need to get home, we do better there.
we are still only 2 out so is minny but we can beat these guys.
But if we dont get hot fast it could be a long september.
Da Reverand

MRKARNO
08-16-2003, 11:57 PM
If we're more than 1.5 back after this week at home, the playoffs are unlikely IMHO

Thunderstruck30
08-17-2003, 12:14 AM
This team has had slumps earlier this season and they bounced back. I believe in them.

MRKARNO
08-17-2003, 12:23 AM
I wish we had the easy schedule like we had when we bounced back because this time it'll be harder, but if Everett, Alomar and Thomas show some leadership and the team gets more serious, we can beat anyone

RedPinStripes
08-17-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by pudge
can you hear your echo?

I dont hear an echo. I hear the Twins coming real fast. :(:

SoxFanDan
08-18-2003, 09:26 PM
some sunshine came back on the dead white sox players. What a huge hit, i believe, dammit i belive

TornLabrum
08-18-2003, 11:34 PM
I think I'm going to refuse to believe. Every time I start to believe we go on a losing streak. It's best that I keep being negative until we win our fourth World Series game.

RKMeibalane
08-18-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I think I'm going to refuse to believe. Every time I start to believe we go on a losing streak. It's best that I keep being negative until we win our fourth World Series game.

I thought being negative was Lip's job. :D:

FJA
08-18-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I wish we had the easy schedule like we had when we bounced back because this time it'll be harder, but if Everett, Alomar and Thomas show some leadership and the team gets more serious, we can beat anyone

I'm glad we have a tough schedule, because for some reason (Manuel) this team can't get up for the little games that are supposed to pad the win column. When this team is energized, I believe they can beat absolutely anybody.

RKMeibalane
08-18-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by FJA
I'm glad we have a tough schedule, because for some reason (Manuel) this team can't get up for the little games that are supposed to pad the win column. When this team is energized, I believe they can beat absolutely anybody.

I agree. I also think that playing the tough schedule will prepare this team better for postseason play. A battle-tested team will be much more likely to suceed in a high-pressure environment.

The 2000 team had the division wrapped up by the AS Break. It was only a question of maintaining the lead and keeping everyone healthy. The Sox didn't play a big game the entire second half. By the time the playoffs rolled around, no one was into it mentally, and it showed. I don't think that will be a problem this time.

FJA
08-19-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I agree. I also think that playing the tough schedule will prepare this team better for postseason play. A battle-tested team will be much more likely to suceed in a high-pressure environment.

The 2000 team had the division wrapped up by the AS Break. It was only a question of maintaining the lead and keeping everyone healthy. The Sox didn't play a big game the entire second half. By the time the playoffs rolled around, no one was into it mentally, and it showed. I don't think that will be a problem this time.

Also, if this team can't beat the big boys, I don't want them in the playoffs anyway. Sorry--another three and out won't do this year.

Lip Man 1
08-19-2003, 12:05 AM
Just wondering....

Would you still not like for the Sox to make the playoffs and go three and out if the Cubs made the post season?

Lip

RKMeibalane
08-19-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by FJA
Also, if this team can't beat the big boys, I don't want them in the playoffs anyway. Sorry--another three and out won't do this year.

Again we agree. A "three-and-out" is unacceptable at this point. People are sick and tired of the same old **** on the South Side. Jerry Reinsdorf said that he would make this into a first-class organization. That was twenty three years ago, and he still hasn't made good on that promise.

The talent has been put in place for this team to make a run at a championship. Unless the Sox advance deep into the playoffs, I don't see things improving as far as the fan-base is concerned. Aside from the Bulls teams of the '90's or the '85 Bears, the city of Chicago hasn't seen much in terms of championships in a long, long, long time. That needs to change, or else JR might as well start backing up the moving vans.

If we want to see the next generation of baseball fans in Chicago become Sox fans, then a trip to the World Series is a must.

RKMeibalane
08-19-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Just wondering....

Would you still not like for the Sox to make the playoffs and go three and out if the Cubs made the post season?

Lip

Unless the Sox win the World Series, it won't matter what they do, because the media will be too busy enjoying their Cubbie baseball playoff orgasm. No one will notice the Sox as long as the North Siders are around.

Besides, the Cubs will also go three-and-out, so it's not like their fans will have any room to brag.

gosox41
08-19-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Just wondering....

Would you still not like for the Sox to make the playoffs and go three and out if the Cubs made the post season?

Lip

IMHO, I want the Sox to make the playoffs. One they get there I'll worry about 3 and out (which I don't think will happen again.)

Bob

Dan H
08-19-2003, 09:04 AM
I think this team has the most talent in the division and should win it. However, it is really hard to get really confident when a team is only three over .500 at the 125 game mark. Okay, now they have had their slump. With less than 40 games left, there is no time for any more slumps. If the Sox really want this division, it is time to go out and get it. They can't afford to drop a series to sub-.500 team any more. They also need to hold their own against the other contenders. If they are really good, it's time to prove it.

SoxFanDan
08-20-2003, 03:10 AM
The same pitchers who were embarrasing us last week, are no more. I still believe in this team

SoxFanDan
08-21-2003, 12:51 AM
I belive, hell we are only in first place

pudge
08-21-2003, 01:50 AM
Can this annoying thread go away now? Do you want an award for believing so much? I believe we SHOULD be 10 games up in this division. Enough said.

SoxFanDan
08-21-2003, 02:22 AM
ok ok ill stop, calm buddy