PDA

View Full Version : Royals/Twins watch 8/16

FJA
08-16-2003, 01:34 PM
Not that we should be worrying about anyone else at this point, but ...

4-0 Minn., top 1

DeFelice just got ejected.

Maybe Tony Pena will have to suit up. :smile:

FJA
08-16-2003, 01:36 PM
BTW, is anyone listening to this game on gameday audio? It sounds like the Royals broadcasters are calling the game from a bar in Minnesota.

SoxFanDan
08-16-2003, 02:08 PM
Ok I have had enough. This is the chance for the white sox to jump to a game back. THis would be fantastic, as the sox play at home, while the Royals go to New york. I will not watch this game, in hope i come back to good news.

MetalliSox
08-16-2003, 02:24 PM
6-2 Minnesota in the 3rd.

FJA
08-16-2003, 02:26 PM
If this continues--it's 7-2 Minn. in the 3rd--tonight's game is a huge statement game for us. Because if we win, we're one game out of first, and we maintain our one game lead over the Twins. If we lose, we're still two games out of first, but guess who else is to games out of first? If we lose tonight, we're on our way to third place rather than picking up ground on our first place competition. It's a hell of a lot harder to have to watch TWO teams in front of you.

I agree, Dan, I don't think I'll watch tonight. I'll just come back for the news.

Of course, that's what I say now.

Viva Magglio
08-16-2003, 02:32 PM
All this is well and good, but it will mean second place tie if we play corpseball tonight.

FJA
08-16-2003, 02:45 PM
9-2 Minn. in the 4th

CHISOXFAN13
08-16-2003, 03:19 PM
If we win tonight, I think we'll be heading home tied for first place.

Just the chance to have that be a relaity is shocking. Please win two games on the road!!!!

I think a majority of us have been expecting a Royals collapse. I think we are witnessing the beginning of it.

cheeses_h_rice
08-16-2003, 03:45 PM
If the Sox play corpseball tonight, based on how lucky they are to still be this close to 1st place, that will be a terrible omen. Those stiffs on our squad should thank their lucky stars that they play in the awful division they are in.

RKMeibalane
08-16-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
If the Sox play corpseball tonight, based on how lucky they are to still be this close to 1st place, that will be a terrible omen. Those stiffs on our squad should thank their lucky stars that they play in the awful division they are in.

Agreed. If the Sox were in either of the other two divisions, or MLB were still using the old two-division format, there would be no chance that this team would have a shot at the post-season. It's sad that nobody associated with the ballclub seems to know this. Hawk and DJ have mentioned it, but only in passing. Nobody seems willing to face the fact that this team still has holes. The White Sox are good enough to reach the post-season, but they won't do much if they get there.

DrCrawdad
08-16-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
If we win tonight, I think we'll be heading home tied for first place.

Just the chance to have that be a relaity is shocking. Please win two games on the road!!!!

I think a majority of us have been expecting a Royals collapse. I think we are witnessing the beginning of it.

IF the Sox win tonight the records will be:

1. KC 64-57 .529
2. CHI 64-59 .520 1 game out
3. MN 63-60 2 games out