PDA

View Full Version : a positive note (I guess)

MRKARNO
08-15-2003, 11:17 PM
15 of the last 25 games, all in september, are at home including 2 on monday (guarenteed huge crowds) and 3 on tuesday (pretty big crowds) and we dont have to go into yankee stadium in september (but we have to go into the HHH dome, kaufman and fenway).

most importantly....No west coast teams!

Shoeless Joe
08-15-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
most importantly....No west coast teams!

I don't understand what this team is doing whenever they go to the west coast. They're a major league ball club and with their talent they should play good anywhere they play. Of course playing at home will be an advantage but if we even make it to the playoffs and we have to face a west coast team at their place what are they going to then?

RKMeibalane
08-15-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Shoeless Joe
I don't understand what this team is doing whenever they go to the west coast. They're a major league ball club and with their talent they should play good anywhere they play. Of course playing at home will be an advantage but if we even make it to the playoffs and we have to face a west coast team at their place what are they going to then?

Scream and cry.

Lip Man 1
08-15-2003, 11:27 PM
But if the Sox continue to have a losing record in August (which they currently do) the September games won't matter.

In my opinion you have to be three games or less behind the lead come September 1st to have a realistic chance.

If the Sox are say six out by Labor Day, virtually NOBODY will be in the ballpark.

Lip

gosox41
08-16-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Shoeless Joe

I thought this team was different.

Bob

gosox41
08-16-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
But if the Sox continue to have a losing record in August (which they currently do) the September games won't matter.

In my opinion you have to be three games or less behind the lead come September 1st to have a realistic chance.

If the Sox are say six out by Labor Day, virtually NOBODY will be in the ballpark.

Lip

It would suck to lose all that momentum the Sox have started to build PR wise.

Bob

kevingrt
08-16-2003, 11:51 AM
If we keep on sucking up the joint, though no one will come.