PDA

View Full Version : Here's an item the Sosa Administration does not want you to know about.

Viva Magglio
08-15-2003, 05:14 PM
It seems that Sammy Sosa got into a little trouble (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sneed/cst-nws-sneed15.html) on Wednesday. Now would you or I just get a ticket for doing what Sosa did?

Jerko
08-15-2003, 05:22 PM
Awwwww..............how cute. Another cuddly Cub story.

RKMeibalane
08-15-2003, 05:27 PM
Once again Sosa is caught breaking the rules. I'm waiting for Moronotti's response to this.

Viva Magglio
08-15-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Once again Sosa is caught breaking the rules. I'm waiting for Moronotti's response to this.

Probably something like this:

:moron
"Blagojevich is an idiot for continuing to allow this state to have laws against driving with expired licensing. Also, it is clear that the Chicago Police Department pulled Sosa over on Sox fan Daley's orders."

voodoochile
08-15-2003, 05:49 PM

:moron
"Once again, the wonderful, amazing, lovable Sham*-ME does something special for the children of the city. Realizing he hadn't signed autographs on the Northside for a while, Sham*-ME intentionally let his plates and drivers license expire so he would be pulled over multiple times. Each and every time, the cuddly superstar drew a crowd of breathless youngsters and each one of them went home happy as Sham*-ME signed every autograph. The evil cops, not realizing it was all a gesture of goodwill still gave the great one tickets. Oh, the horror. I think every flubbie fan in the land should chip in to help pay this great man's fines. After all, it is him and him alone that makes the flubbies what they are. Heck, he saved baseball..."

TornLabrum
08-15-2003, 06:51 PM

I'm waiting for Grobber to come here and make an excuse for it.

Viva Magglio
08-15-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

Les would never do something like that. He'll defend Sosa on other things related to baseball, but he won't defend him for breaking the law.

TornLabrum
08-15-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Les would never do something like that. He'll defend Sosa on other things related to baseball, but he won't defend him for breaking the law.

Unless it happened when he played for the White Sox (see his recent rum bottle comments in the "Grobber" thread).

Jerko
08-15-2003, 09:41 PM

He may not defend him for breaking the law, but he'll break our balls for making a big deal out of it.

DrCrawdad
08-15-2003, 09:59 PM

Les defends Sosa for cheating in baseball.

Thunderstruck30
08-16-2003, 12:54 AM
So lets see...he assaulted his wife, took steroids, and now drove with an expired license. Whats the next illegal thing he will do?

dllrbll7
08-16-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
So lets see...he assaulted his wife, took steroids, and now drove with an expired license. Whats the next illegal thing he will do?

You left out the cork!

jabrch
08-16-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
You left out the cork!

And the potential tax evasion involved with defrauding the Sammy Sosa Foundation.

Viva Magglio
08-16-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30

The steroids would be hard to actually pin on him because no actual proof exists of Sosa taking steroids. I am not saying that I would put steroid use past Sosa considering his other character flaws, but I would prefer that we not call him a steroid user without indisputable proof.

DrCrawdad
08-16-2003, 02:45 PM
TheSmokingGun.com used to have a ticket that Kerry Wood was given for public urination around Wrigley. I searched for it, but was unable to find it.

ShoelessFred
08-16-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

i'm sure les will say something to defend sammy. it seems as of late, les has had Cub Kool-Aid pouring out his veins.

voodoochile
08-16-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred
i'm sure les will say something to defend sammy. it seems as of late, les has had Cub Kool-Aid pouring out his veins.

And when the Sox did the same thing to the Royals a few weeks ago that the flubbies just did to the Astros, all of us had Sox Kool-Aid pouring out of ours...

RKMeibalane
08-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
And when the Sox did the same thing to the Royals a few weeks ago that the flubbies just did to the Astros, all of us had Sox Kool-Aid pouring out of ours...

Sox Kool-Aid tastes much better, though.