PDA

View Full Version : Who's On First?

RKMeibalane
08-15-2003, 02:05 PM
Why doesn't Jerry Manuel want to play Frank Thomas at 1B?

MRKARNO
08-15-2003, 02:11 PM
i think it's because PK also plays better at first but manuel would rather have an Average thomas and a good pk (which is about on par with an average big hurt) than a superstar Frank and an auto-out PK

edit: after further review that leads me to conclude that manuel is an idiot

OEO Magglio
08-15-2003, 02:13 PM
I voted that Manuel is an idiot, thats just the easy answer.

kevingrt
08-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Who is on 1B that's the problem

voodoochile
08-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Honestly speaking, I think it is because JR and KW are trying to run Frank out of town under the mistaken assumption that he is no longer an AS caliber player. I think they have ordered Jerry to do all of the things he has done including:

1)Publicly humiliate Frank on a regular basis.
2)Pull Frank's chain whenever possible.
3)Make him play DH where his stats will be worse and they can justify not picking up Frank's option or force him to play for less money when Frank proves loyal and exercises his option.
4)Make Frank the whipping boy for all of the teams troubles these past 2 years.
5)Never defend Frank when other teammates have gone to the press with negative crap (just try that with Manuel or KW and see how fast you are cut).

But, I'm probably just paranoid...

maurice
08-15-2003, 03:56 PM
I got the impression that KW and JM wanted Frank out, but that JR wanted him here. If JR wanted him gone, he wouldn't have resigned him after the "diminished skills" fiasco ended.

kevingrt
08-15-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by maurice
I got the impression that KW and JM wanted Frank out, but that JR wanted him here. If JR wanted him gone, he wouldn't have resigned him after the "diminished skills" fiasco ended.

Have to agree with that comment

thepaulbowski
08-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by maurice

I truly think JR wants Frank to finish his career in a White Sox uniform. He likes Frank and wants to see him succeed to prove the Chicago media wrong.

RKMeibalane
08-15-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Honestly speaking, I think it is because JR and KW are trying to run Frank out of town under the mistaken assumption that he is no longer an AS caliber player. I think they have ordered Jerry to do all of the things he has done including:

1)Publicly humiliate Frank on a regular basis.
2)Pull Frank's chain whenever possible.
3)Make him play DH where his stats will be worse and they can justify not picking up Frank's option or force him to play for less money when Frank proves loyal and exercises his option.
4)Make Frank the whipping boy for all of the teams troubles these past 2 years.
5)Never defend Frank when other teammates have gone to the press with negative crap (just try that with Manuel or KW and see how fast you are cut).

But, I'm probably just paranoid...

I know exactly how you feel. I become a White Sox fan because of Frank Thomas. I will continue to be Sox fan after he's gone, however...

...if it is revealed that he was run out of town by Williams, Reinsdorf, or someone else, I won't be happy. Frank is the greatest player to ever wear a White Sox uniform. That's saying something, considering that the Sox were one of the charter American League teams. A lot of great players have starred on the South Side.

If Frank gets run out of Chicago, I am done with this team until Reinsdorf sells. I will still watch the games and follow the team, but I will not spend money on a product I don't like. Reinsdorf is a weasel. He can't be trusted, and this situation is proof of that. JR likes to play mind games with his stars. What he doesn't realize is that people are sick and tired of these games.

MarqSox
08-15-2003, 05:38 PM
The votes for "all of the above" not withstanding, it's good to see that even Manuel haters don't question his desire to win.

vegyrex
08-16-2003, 08:10 PM
When its all said and done. Manuel's reign will be best known for its mismanagement of Frank Thomas.