PDA

View Full Version : Colby Lewis

CHISOXFAN13
08-15-2003, 09:25 AM
Tonight's starting pitcher for Texas is 5-7 with a 7.84 earned-run average.

If we don't win, I may put my hand through a wall.

Hangar18
08-15-2003, 09:27 AM
Uh OH.

NoName Pitcher + High ERA + Stupid Free Swinging Hitters = Us getting 4 hit tonite

Paulwny
08-15-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Uh OH.

NoName Pitcher + High ERA + Stupid Free Swinging Hitters = Us getting 4 hit tonite

Yep, the sox will make him look like Cy Young.

CHISOXFAN13
08-15-2003, 09:49 AM
Not good since the guy pitching on Sunday also has an ERA in the 7's.

ARGHHHH

FanOf14
08-15-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13

If you are going to put a hand through a wall, you are welcomed to my place cuz it will be gutting and added on to and remodeled and the demolition of the innerds of the house starts in 7-10 days (depending on rain). So, all the help I can get demolishing it myself means less I spend on the demo and more on the remodel! :D:

pudge
08-15-2003, 11:39 AM
Dude, we need a SWEEP badly. No excuse going up against two pitchers with ERAs in the 7's. The Royals and Twins are going to beat up on each other this weekend. We have Boston and New York coming up. WE NEED A SWEEP.

CHISOXFAN13
08-15-2003, 11:47 AM
I agree, and then throw in a pitcher with an ERA in the 6.5 range.

We need no less than two, but I want a sweep.

Hopefully arriving in Dallas at 6:30 this morning won't hurt tonight.

MRKARNO
08-15-2003, 12:06 PM
well dont we at least do well against teams that are not in the west and are good? Because that's what we have to look forward to in September

kempsted
08-15-2003, 12:11 PM
For what it is worth. In looking at our record and which games we have won and lost - For the most part we lose to teams with good pitching and beat teams with poor pitching. The hitting of our opponent has a smaller role. This is why we "seem to beat the good teams" and "seem to lose to some bad ones". Detroit and Anaheim for example both have reasonably good pitching ( especially Anaheim) but have been losing due to lack of offense. They are a problem for us.

On the other hand teams like Minnesota, KC, Toronto have relatively poor pitching so we beat them (most of the time).

If that holds up we should do very well against Texas who is the worst pitching team in the majors.

Of course these are road games so ...

Viva Magglio
08-15-2003, 05:00 PM
All three of the scheduled starters have ERA's over 6. Knowing our luck, we're probably get swept by the Rangers because we won't be able to hit these pitchers to save our lives.

SoxFanDan
08-15-2003, 05:14 PM
these two weeks are huge. rangers/angels.rangers
royals have twins/yanks/twins

pudge
08-15-2003, 05:15 PM
I think this needs to be wrapped under the Colby Lewis thread below. Viva just wants his own threads.

:)

voodoochile
08-15-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by pudge
I think this needs to be wrapped under the Colby Lewis thread below. Viva just wants his own threads.

:)

I agree... not about Viva, but about the threads...

Nick@Nite
08-15-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by pudge
The Royals and Twins are going to beat up on each other this weekend.

Royals/Twins face each other 7 more times, starting tonight. I hope the following things happen;

1. Bench clearing brawl(s)... hey, someone important might get hurt.

2. Extra innings... mucho innings for the pitching staffs could equal arms that are out-of-gas when we play them both next month.

3. Maximum damage done to both teams in the standings... Twins win 4, Royals win 3. I don't want to see the Twins blow-up and sweep because of their cupcake schedule. I definitely don't want KC dominating...

GO SOX!

DonkeyKongerko
08-15-2003, 06:43 PM
Wow Loaf, you need to get out to Kaufmann stadium more often! You need some money for tix?

Nick@Nite
08-15-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
Wow Loaf, you need to get out to Kaufmann stadium more often! You need some money for tix?

Thanks for the offer on the $$$$$ :D: ... my problem at the moment is trying to make both Royals/Twins games this weekend. Busy schedule for me! :o:

You can bet that I'll be at Kauffman at least once this weekend... wearing my Sox hat behind enemy lines, rooting for bench clearing brawls (for sure!)

2003 AL Central... Pennant for the taking!

GO SOX!!!

gosox41
08-15-2003, 09:44 PM

Let me know if you need an ice pack.

Bob

Twins8791
08-16-2003, 04:17 AM

Which hand did you use?

PaleHoseGeorge
08-16-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Twins8791
Which hand did you use?

I'm guessing the same one you shove down the front of your pants for personal excitement.

kevingrt
08-16-2003, 10:50 AM
We have our new Cy Young canidate, and I already got my HOF vote in for him.