PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts from last nite 8/14


Hangar18
08-15-2003, 10:23 AM
Memo to Sox Management: I hope your reading this

Last nite, I went to drop something off for a friend who happens to work at HiTops, that big sportsbar across from The Urinal.
She was working a private party, so I had to wait for her to come down, so I casually went to the bar, got myself a cold one, and watced some of the Yanks game on the tv. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a three young ladies looking at me curiously. I turned to return their gaze and I see theyre looking, horrified mind you, at my white sox Tshirt im wearing. I said what was the matter. They immediately said the Sox Suck, why would I wear that shirt. of course, they were wearing all the latest cubbie garb as they had been at the game earlier. Mind you, its 9pm at this point. I told them theyre team is going nowhere, and theyre team has sucked for quite longer than the sox have. They remarked that the cubs "are no. 1 !! wooo ooooo!" I told them they werent in first, but 1/2 out. they said thats better than the sox they suck. of course, now the bartender (who ended up being an ok guy) remarks on the shirt, and doesnt serve me. He made a comment on the sox not having fans at their park. I told him weve been avg over 30K for our games lately, and he said no way, thats a lie. the girls began whooping that the cubs have more fans and are the best. I asked them to name me 10 players from the team, even last yrs team. THEY COULDNT. the bartender chimes in on how the upper deck is so bad, and that the Neighborhood is so bad.
I reminded him that the wrigley area has MORE crime (Per CPD Beat info/stats) and told him about the shooting last summer and the fight under the l tracks. they said i was making it up, how come they never heard of it. the girls said Why would they go to a Sox game, "THERES NOWHERE TO GO AFTER THE GAME" (key info for you sox mgmt". To make a long story short, another guy and his gf jump into this, and im literally argueing with 6 people, and after an hour plus REFUTING EVERY SINGLE POINT they brought up, they all sloooooooooooooooowly admitted it wasnt a bad place, why dont they build more bars and restaurants across the street, theres nothing to do, the park still looks BLAND inside, Carlos Lee is pretty good......Frank Thomas is much better this year, Didnt know the cubs started the ball rolling with the Strike of 94 by Running Fay Vincent out, The food at comiskey is good, they dont mind the sox that much, they just like the cubs more, didnt know about the crime in wrigleyville. It was one man against 6, and though im not saying they all became sox fans, they COULDNT win an argument, they brought up INFO THATS BEEN USED BY THE MEDIA TO SLAM THE WHITE SOX. The Media is Definitely a Weapon. cub fans believe anything they read. They even insisted that Sammys bat was an "Accident".

Jerko
08-15-2003, 10:36 AM
Well, I don't think any bars are going to be built soon, but maybe if the SOX left the bullpen bar and stadium club stay open till 2 am like real bars, more people would go. I never based going to games on the damn bars around the area. Drink at the game dammit! I went to a Cub game years ago and back then I knew a few cops who know all the watering holes down there. I went into one of the bars there WITH a cop who KNEW the owner, and it was still an hour's wait to get a beer with all the idiots crammed in there like sardines. That's why cub fans don't mind the smell of Wrigley, they're smelling each others pits all damn day in the bar, the piss is a nice break once they get outside.

34 Inch Stick
08-15-2003, 10:37 AM
If the story doesn't end with "and I took all three of the girls home, put Sox hats on their heads and angry f'd them for revenge" then that story took too long.

WhiteSox = Life
08-15-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Memo to Sox Management: I hope your reading this

Last nite, I went to drop something off for a friend who happens to work at HiTops, that big sportsbar across from The Urinal.
She was working a private party, so I had to wait for her to come down, so I casually went to the bar, got myself a cold one, and watced some of the Yanks game on the tv. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a three young ladies looking at me curiously. I turned to return their gaze and I see theyre looking, horrified mind you, at my white sox Tshirt im wearing. I said what was the matter. They immediately said the Sox Suck, why would I wear that shirt. of course, they were wearing all the latest cubbie garb as they had been at the game earlier. Mind you, its 9pm at this point. I told them theyre team is going nowhere, and theyre team has sucked for quite longer than the sox have. They remarked that the cubs "are no. 1 !! wooo ooooo!" I told them they werent in first, but 1/2 out. they said thats better than the sox they suck. of course, now the bartender (who ended up being an ok guy) remarks on the shirt, and doesnt serve me. He made a comment on the sox not having fans at their park. I told him weve been avg over 30K for our games lately, and he said no way, thats a lie. the girls began whooping that the cubs have more fans and are the best. I asked them to name me 10 players from the team, even last yrs team. THEY COULDNT. the bartender chimes in on how the upper deck is so bad, and that the Neighborhood is so bad.
I reminded him that the wrigley area has MORE crime (Per CPD Beat info/stats) and told him about the shooting last summer and the fight under the l tracks. they said i was making it up, how come they never heard of it. the girls said Why would they go to a Sox game, "THERES NOWHERE TO GO AFTER THE GAME" (key info for you sox mgmt". To make a long story short, another guy and his gf jump into this, and im literally argueing with 6 people, and after an hour plus REFUTING EVERY SINGLE POINT they brought up, they all sloooooooooooooooowly admitted it wasnt a bad place, why dont they build more bars and restaurants across the street, theres nothing to do, the park still looks BLAND inside, Carlos Lee is pretty good......Frank Thomas is much better this year, Didnt know the cubs started the ball rolling with the Strike of 94 by Running Fay Vincent out, The food at comiskey is good, they dont mind the sox that much, they just like the cubs more, didnt know about the crime in wrigleyville. It was one man against 6, and though im not saying they all became sox fans, they COULDNT win an argument, they brought up INFO THATS BEEN USED BY THE MEDIA TO SLAM THE WHITE SOX. The Media is Definitely a Weapon. cub fans believe anything they read. They even insisted that Sammys bat was an "Accident".

Pretty good story. It reminded me of a little tag, though...

:dirtyharry

kevingrt
08-15-2003, 10:56 AM
You are so right, need more bars around the area, and whatever the media says, stupid ScRuBs fans believe! Stupid people they are!

harwar
08-15-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
I went into one of the bars there WITH a cop who KNEW the owner, and it was still an hour's wait to get a beer with all the idiots crammed in there like sardines.

I learned years ago when i lived down in key west that its better to know the bartender than the owner.I could stand 4 deep in tourists and still get waited on first.

34 Inch Stick
08-15-2003, 02:04 PM
In Key West it really is not who you know but who you blow.

RKMeibalane
08-15-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Memo to Sox Management: I hope your reading this

Last nite, I went to drop something off for a friend who happens to work at HiTops, that big sportsbar across from The Urinal.
She was working a private party, so I had to wait for her to come down, so I casually went to the bar, got myself a cold one, and watced some of the Yanks game on the tv. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a three young ladies looking at me curiously. I turned to return their gaze and I see theyre looking, horrified mind you, at my white sox Tshirt im wearing. I said what was the matter. They immediately said the Sox Suck, why would I wear that shirt. of course, they were wearing all the latest cubbie garb as they had been at the game earlier. Mind you, its 9pm at this point. I told them theyre team is going nowhere, and theyre team has sucked for quite longer than the sox have. They remarked that the cubs "are no. 1 !! wooo ooooo!" I told them they werent in first, but 1/2 out. they said thats better than the sox they suck. of course, now the bartender (who ended up being an ok guy) remarks on the shirt, and doesnt serve me. He made a comment on the sox not having fans at their park. I told him weve been avg over 30K for our games lately, and he said no way, thats a lie. the girls began whooping that the cubs have more fans and are the best. I asked them to name me 10 players from the team, even last yrs team. THEY COULDNT. the bartender chimes in on how the upper deck is so bad, and that the Neighborhood is so bad.
I reminded him that the wrigley area has MORE crime (Per CPD Beat info/stats) and told him about the shooting last summer and the fight under the l tracks. they said i was making it up, how come they never heard of it. the girls said Why would they go to a Sox game, "THERES NOWHERE TO GO AFTER THE GAME" (key info for you sox mgmt". To make a long story short, another guy and his gf jump into this, and im literally argueing with 6 people, and after an hour plus REFUTING EVERY SINGLE POINT they brought up, they all sloooooooooooooooowly admitted it wasnt a bad place, why dont they build more bars and restaurants across the street, theres nothing to do, the park still looks BLAND inside, Carlos Lee is pretty good......Frank Thomas is much better this year, Didnt know the cubs started the ball rolling with the Strike of 94 by Running Fay Vincent out, The food at comiskey is good, they dont mind the sox that much, they just like the cubs more, didnt know about the crime in wrigleyville. It was one man against 6, and though im not saying they all became sox fans, they COULDNT win an argument, they brought up INFO THATS BEEN USED BY THE MEDIA TO SLAM THE WHITE SOX. The Media is Definitely a Weapon. cub fans believe anything they read. They even insisted that Sammys bat was an "Accident".

Good job, Hangar. It's about time that other people learned the truth about the ongoing Cubbie conspiracy. One would think that people would be smart enough to ignore most of what the media says these days, but I guess that's asking too much of Cubs fans.

LASOXFAN
08-15-2003, 03:18 PM
Two weeks ago I was in a "discussion" with a so-called die-hard Cubs fan who was shocked - and I'm not making this up - to learn that Corey Patterson was gone for the season.

I changed the topic to something we could mutually agree on, that Shoop sucks.

83 White Sox
08-15-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
If the story doesn't end with "and I took all three of the girls home, put Sox hats on their heads and angry f'd them for revenge" then that story took too long.


HILARIOUS!!!!

xil357
08-15-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
It was one man against 6, and though im not saying they all became sox fans, they COULDNT win an argument, they brought up INFO THATS BEEN USED BY THE MEDIA TO SLAM THE WHITE SOX. The Media is Definitely a Weapon. cub fans believe anything they read. They even insisted that Sammys bat was an "Accident".

Hangar, for single-handedly capturing and subduing six enemy combatants, I would nominate you for promotion again in the Delta Force of Sox Army but I don't know what rank is higher than Supreme Allied Commander. (As founder of WSI, PHG must be commander in chief). Also, over in the parking lot Wilkes accepted the title of Fleet Admiral of Sox Navy, decked out in full dress red pinstripes.