PDA

View Full Version : "A scout's take" on Billy Koch

SoxxoS
08-15-2003, 09:39 AM
" Billy Koch's problems are mostly a matter of poor mechanics, but there are other factors, too. He reacts to adversity instead of overcoming it. He's a thrower with poor mechanics and appears to be somewhat hard-headed. It just seems that he's a guy who doesn't appear to have any kind of plan on the mound. His velocity will still creep up there, but he appears, for want of another expression, lost. He needs constant supervision."

Shouldn't they have ironed out these "bad mechanics" in the past 4 months? Isn't that Don Cooper's job?

Its probably part bad mechanics, part overworked arm, part strained tendon and part mental midget. That is what I think.

harwar
08-15-2003, 10:49 AM
I think theres' no question that hes' got some kind of damage somewhere.He was somewhat wild in his outtings last year but even though he had quite a few blown saves,you don't get 44 of them by throwing 94 mph down the middle all the time.Its more than just mechanics.
Also,he just doesn't know how to pitch.He'll try to strike out a guy with a fastball down the middle and if the guy hits it,he'll throw the same pitch only he'll try to throw it harder.
Its hard to watch him trying to pitch out there now because he just looks totally lost.

kevingrt
08-15-2003, 10:50 AM
With my scouting background, I have two words for Billy Koch, You Suck! Now get better

Paulwny
08-15-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by harwar

Also,he just doesn't know how to pitch.He'll try to strike out a guy with a fastball down the middle and if the guy hits it,he'll throw the same pitch only he'll try to throw it harder.
Its hard to watch him trying to pitch out there now because he just looks totally lost.

I think the Jays and A's saw exactly what you've said, heat and more heat, plus he can't seem to develop another good pitch to go along with the fast ball to keep batters off stride.

WhiteSox = Life
08-15-2003, 11:06 AM
We all know the real reason Koch is doing poorly. He's missing the sage advice and pitching instruction of...

:nardi
"Here we go now, Billy. These are gonna be the signals for when you're throwing, okay? One is for a fastball. Two is for a fasterball. Three is your offspeed, your fastestball. Finally, four is your trick pitch, the throw-so-hard-you-crap-your-pants-ball."

I figured it'd been a while.

:D:

RKMeibalane
08-15-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
We all know the real reason Koch is doing poorly. He's missing the sage advice and pitching instruction of...

"Here we go now, Billy. These are gonna be the signals for when you're throwing, okay? One is for a fastball. Two is for a fasterball. Three is your offspeed, your fastestball. Finally, four is your trick pitch, the throw-so-hard-you-crap-your-pants-ball."

I figured it'd been a while.

:D:

I wonder what Nardi is doing now. I just hope he isn't working with young pitchers anymore. Good grief!

Foulke You
08-15-2003, 03:14 PM
"Billy, if you want more velocity you have to put your labrum into it!"