PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Weaver for Sale


Tavarin
08-15-2003, 03:36 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3622465603&category=16033

ohh, should Kenny bid on him? :D:

Shoeless Joe
08-15-2003, 04:50 AM
Well if Orosco is in it as well...

ScottyTheSoxFan
08-15-2003, 09:46 AM
is their a market for coaches who like to tinker?

Brian26
08-15-2003, 10:04 AM
Of course he's for sale. He got lit up for 9 runs by KC this week. George wants nothing to do with him. I say stay away.

Tragg
08-15-2003, 10:14 AM
They've been trying to dump him all season.
The Baseball Prospectus people must be in apoplexy - he was their Golden Boy, with those eras and whips while with the Tigers.

Paulwny
08-15-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
They've been trying to dump him all season.
The Baseball Prospectus people must be in apoplexy - he was their Golden Boy, with those eras and whips while with the Tigers.

NY will have to eat a large portion of his remaining contract if someone is willing to take him.
Another case of a player who can't handle the pressure from the press and fans in NY when adversity strikes.
He may be a better pitcher outside of NY if his head gets straightened out, will come cheap in a trade.
It seems King George was correct on this one when he demanded that Weaver be put in the pen and Contreras to start.
I hope Contreras has the same mind set as Weaver and suffers from yankeeitis.

kevingrt
08-15-2003, 10:49 AM
Didn't some of us want this guy last year from Detroit, but that Yankees took him? That's what I seem to remember.... I can tlel you one thing, I don't want him now, he is horrible!

Paulwny
08-15-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Didn't some of us want this guy last year from Detroit, but that Yankees took him? That's what I seem to remember.... I can tlel you one thing, I don't want him now, he is horrible!

Yep, I was one .

34 Inch Stick
08-15-2003, 02:01 PM
Me too. Not no more.

RKMeibalane
08-15-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
is their a market for coaches who like to tinker?

E-Bay was selling autographed Jerry Manuel memorabilia earlier this year. I posted about it here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21642) .