PDA

View Full Version : This road trip

kittle42
08-14-2003, 11:45 PM
Is this roadtrip starting to remind anyone of TB, Detroit, and Cleveland again?

How do you all think we'll fare agianst the mighty Rangers and their trio of powerful major league proven starters?

Lip Man 1
08-15-2003, 12:04 AM
The Rangers have been playing very well of late. The Sox have a losing record for August.

Factor in three no name pitchers plus the Sox are starting Neil Cotts and I'll be estatic if they do not get swept.

Lip

FJA
08-15-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
The Rangers have been playing very well of late. The Sox have a losing record for August.

Factor in three no name pitchers plus the Sox are starting Neil Cotts and I'll be estatic if they do not get swept.

Lip

Lip, are your expectations really no higher than just not getting swept in Texas? Even for you that's a little much.

I think we have to consider the Cotts game a lost cause, and while I'm sure those aren't the words Manuel will use, his lineup will reflect as much. A Sunday night game before a trip home, and a game the next day? You better believe Jerry will have fun with this one.

Other than that, though, I feel good about Loaiza's game, wary about Colon's. I'll be happy with two of three in Texas, confident that we're back on track with a sweep. One of three is not acceptable, and if there's a sweep, somebody better turn over a buffet table, if that hasn't been done already.

Lip Man 1
08-15-2003, 12:53 AM
FJA:

Yea I was being a little facetious but I've seen as well as everybody else, how the Sox hitters generally react to no name hurlers.

Their record is pretty poor against them the past few years. I know Bill Melton has talked about it and not in glowing terms at times on the post game show after the Sox get tied up in knots (not Gary Knotts!) against them. You can see him start to get red in the face like he's trying to control his temper.

Robert Ellis by the way used to be in the Sox farm system, I want to say maybe eight years ago. Don't think he ever started a game for the Sox.

You just never know with this club. They are the perfect example of inconsistency. For the two previous seasons they couldn't beat good teams and they'd kill the bad ones. Now they do really well against over .500 clubs yet have barely an over .500 record against the awful ones. And there is simply no excuse for the number of combined losses to the Tigers, Indians, Devil Rays and Padres. I mean SOMEONE has been beating them on a regular basis based on their records.

Lip

kempsted
08-15-2003, 01:02 AM
Actually the Sox chances against Texas are quite good. We lose to teams with good pitching. We have rarely lost to teams with bad pitching this year. Texas has bad pitching.

manuelsucks
08-15-2003, 01:12 AM
If the White Sox don't make something good out of this road trip, I will be VERY mad. I just hope that these 3 loses to Anaheim was because of their West Coast jinx and not because they are going into a slump.

Hangar18
08-15-2003, 08:08 AM
This team yesterday reminded me of the Sox in April and May....
that was Piss poor last nite. Garland didnt do too badly,
Mediocre at worst.....but again, didnt have the "O"

LuvSox
08-15-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by kempsted
Actually the Sox chances against Texas are quite good. We lose to teams with good pitching. We have rarely lost to teams with bad pitching this year. Texas has bad pitching.

The Sox have a serious handicap though:

:jerry

Procol Harum
08-15-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by FJA
I think we have to consider the Cotts game a lost cause

Other than that, though, I feel good about Loaiza's game, wary about Colon's. I'll be happy with two of three in Texas, confident that we're back on track with a sweep. One of three is not acceptable, and if there's a sweep, somebody better turn over a buffet table, if that hasn't been done already.

How ironic that the Cotts game was the ONLY game we managed to win in Anahumm (of course, no thanks to Cotts).

We need at least 2 of 3 in Texas. However, I've been a Sox fan a long time and can't help but have bad feelings about the series. I've seen this too many times before, dudes. If this is a typical Sox team they'll lose at least 2 of 3, with Loiaza getting absolutely rocked. Here's hopin' that things are different this time around.

D'Angelo F Death
08-15-2003, 09:17 AM
The three starters Texas is sending out have less combined career victories than Loiaza has this season (13 versus 15).

I predict Sox sweep, and Cotts is gonna pitch 5 2/3 of solid ball before allowing a single to Einar Diaz in the 6th and getting yanked for Shcoeneneneneneneiwies.

Ya think Manuel will ever notice that Garland has become one of those horse-type starters who actually gets better the longer the game goes? Maybe someday.

Jerko
08-15-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
The Sox have a serious handicap though:

:jerry

I voted for OTHER in the poll that's on the front page of WSI for who has to step it up. The guy above these words is OTHER

CHISOXFAN13
08-15-2003, 09:33 AM
Someone please explain to me why it is Manuel's fault when this offensive juggernaut gets four hits and one run???

Let me guess. It's because he tinkered and took Mr. Double PLay out of the lineup. He would have had four hits and six RBI right????

Please!

Mammoo
08-15-2003, 09:35 AM
...I look for the Sox to sweep this Rangers series. If they have any pride they'll go out and pound these no-name starters. Our pitchers will shut them down...yes, that goes for Cotts, too!

I usually don't get these good vibes when it comes to our heroes so bet the ranch on the Pale Hose this weekend!!! :smile:

PS: Only if tinker bell keeps his hands in his pockets and doesn't **** things up!! :angry: