PDA

View Full Version : Scott Sullivan


RichH55
08-14-2003, 08:43 PM
The rumor is he could be the next to exit Cincy....they aren't getting alot for their guys either.....makes alot of sense to me

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
The rumor is he could be the next to exit Cincy....they aren't getting alot for their guys either.....makes alot of sense to me

At the beginning of the year, it looked like the Reds had a shot at winning their division. Now, it looks as though they won't even be competitive next year.

This fire sale reminds me a lot of what happened to the San Diego Padres in 1993. Remember that? In the span of a few months, the middle of the Padres lineup (Gary Sheffield, Fred McGriff, Darren Jackson) had been traded. Only Tony Gwynn remained. Phil Plantier was the Padres version of Adam Dunn. He finished the year with thirty four homers, but did not hit for a high average.

MHOUSE
08-15-2003, 12:01 AM
Anything is better than Jon "0.0 IP 1H 2BB" Adkins.

lowesox
08-15-2003, 12:46 AM
LEts face it, this team is desperately in need of a dependable right hander out of the bullpen. One good thing about Kenny (and there aren't many) is that you know he'll always make a trade. I could see this one happening.

Regardless of who, we'll get one more bullpen arm before this is all over.

OEO Magglio
08-15-2003, 02:38 AM
Sullivan is a pretty solid right handed reliever, I'd love to see the Sox get him.

gosox41
08-15-2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Sullivan is a pretty solid right handed reliever, I'd love to see the Sox get him.

He probably won't clear waivers though would be a good pick up.

Bob

thepaulbowski
08-15-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Anything is better than Jon "0.0 IP 1H 2BB" Adkins.

It was the guys major league debut, cut him some slack. If he were to turn into another Rick White, then we have reason to complain. But until he gets a few appearences under his belt, we won't know if he ready to go or not.

:rock

Bring Back Rocky

:gulp:

ScottyTheSoxFan
08-15-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
:rock

Bring Back Rocky

:gulp:

I miss rocky too. he would be great in the our pen now. but i guess you gotta crack an egg to make an omelet. see ya rock

WWIII
08-15-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Anything is better than Jon "0.0 IP 1H 2BB" Adkins.


But check out that ERA!

kempsted
08-15-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by WWIII
But check out that ERA!

I assume this was supposed to be in teal.

WhiteSox = Life
08-15-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by kempsted
I assume this was supposed to be in teal.

Nope. When you don't record an out, you can't have an ERA. Just one of the fun little quirks of baseball statistics.

:smile:

Mammoo
08-15-2003, 10:17 AM
I read so many posts here where fans are raving about this guy, (Cotts) and that guy (Adkins). Their progress is followed with great anticipation as they make their way through the system. Finally, they get a shot with the big club, pitch like **** and everyone is down on them.

The problem is, guys like Cotts and Adkins shouldn't be required to make their bones in a pennant race. Most pitchers need time to work at the kinks and develop a major league approach. Some guys like Matt Ginter and Mike Porzio may never make it

So, yes, KW should make a trade and put the young guys back where they belong. Let them start the year fresh where every mistake isn't magnified in a pennant race. And if Williams trades away a prospect or two, so what; 90% of them end up slingin' hash anyway.

RichH55
08-15-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Mammoo
I read so many posts here where fans are raving about this guy, (Cotts) and that guy (Adkins). Their progress is followed with great anticipation as they make their way through the system. Finally, they get a shot with the big club, pitch like **** and everyone is down on them.

The problem is, guys like Cotts and Adkins shouldn't be required to make their bones in a pennant race. Most pitchers need time to work at the kinks and develop a major league approach. Some guys like Matt Ginter and Mike Porzio may never make it

So, yes, KW should make a trade and put the young guys back where they belong. Let them start the year fresh where every mistake isn't magnified in a pennant race. And if Williams trades away a prospect or two, so what; 90% of them end up slingin' hash anyway.

There are some 5th starters out there....but I have no issue bringing up kids in the meantime.....BTW there is no reason Ginter shouldn't be up here by now....Though KW needs to be careful..

A guy like Sullivan makes alot of sense to me, but a guy like Livan Hernandez comes with a 6.5 million pricetag next year and that will hamstring you for the future...make a move, but make the right move....a wrong move is worse than no move at all