"Kill him, Frank! Kill him!"

http://www.creativesoftwareinc.com/starwars/images/palpatine.gif

"Use your agressive feelings, Frank. Let the hate flow through you."

soxrme
08-14-2003, 08:23 PM
LETS GO SOX :cool:

hose
08-14-2003, 08:25 PM
I'm glad this is the last West Coast regular season game. These late starts are killing me.

LETS GO WHITE SOX

Blueprint1
08-14-2003, 08:30 PM
get some hits you bums yesterday was a joke

FJA
08-14-2003, 09:08 PM
Does anyone else's WCIU feed seem like it's much better quality than normal?

Daver
08-14-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Does anyone else's WCIU feed seem like it's much better quality than normal?

Mine isn't,I am getting the usual WCIU "The Fuzzy picture cause we like it that way" reception.

balboner
08-14-2003, 09:11 PM
I don't like tonight's pitching match-up at all. Shields is a very, very good pitcher, and Garland has struggled alot recently. I'd be very surprised if we got more than 3 runs off of Shields and this terrific Angels bullpen.

SoxxoS
08-14-2003, 09:12 PM
I am oozing pessimism for this game, this is exactly the kind of guy that give the Sox fits...and Garland sucks on the West Coast and/or lately. I don't like our chances early on.

Hope I am wrong. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

FJA
08-14-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by balboner
I don't like tonight's pitching match-up at all. Shields is a very, very good pitcher, and Garland has struggled alot recently. I'd be very surprised if we got more than 3 runs off of Shields and this terrific Angels bullpen.

I hate this matchup. I've been worried about Garland since he was taken out of the KC game for no good reason. Hopefully today will build some confidence, but I just don't know.

FJA
08-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by daver
Mine isn't,I am getting the usual WCIU "The Fuzzy picture cause we like it that way" reception.

I don't know what the deal is, but I feel like I'm watching WGN here. Of course, once it gets dark in California, that will be the true test ... WCIU's picture always seems to get worse as the game carries on past daylight.

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 09:17 PM
Is anyone using the ESPN Gamecast? If so, you may have noticed that Sandy Alomar Jr. is listed as the second baseman instead of Roberto. I wonder why that mistake hasn't been corrected.

FJA
08-14-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Is anyone using the ESPN Gamecast? If so, you may have noticed that Sandy Alomar Jr. is listed as the second baseman instead of Roberto. I wonder why that mistake hasn't been corrected.

JM plans on this substitution at Robbie's next AB.

Jjav829
08-14-2003, 09:18 PM

Because it isn't a mistake. Jerry got bored... :D:

:jerry
Sandy, Robbie, whats the difference? I always get the two confused.

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 09:21 PM
There goes Garland again. He walks DaVanon, and now must pitch to the best hitter in the Angels' lineup. Ughhh!

ndgt10
08-14-2003, 09:21 PM
why use gamecast when you can use mlb gameday?

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by ndgt10
why use gamecast when you can use mlb gameday?

It's a habit, I suppose.

balboner
08-14-2003, 09:23 PM
Does anyone give up more hits on 0-2 counts than Jon Garland? This is what you get when you try to hit the corners on every pitch to Jeff Davanon.

kittle42
The chances of wining this game = zero. Flubs will have a better record and be closer to first place. Ugh.

At least the Twins lost.

kittle42
Here's another 0-2 count...

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 09:24 PM
1-0 Angels.

****!

SoxxoS
08-14-2003, 09:26 PM
Good to see Judy making a guest appearence in tonites game.

The A's highly touted pitcher (Harden) comes in a dominates. Our highly touted pitcher (Garland) is still confused after 3 years.

The guys like Garland (with the low K Ratio) take a lot longer to develop than a guy like Harden or a guy like Prior. This is why we should strickly focus on power pitchers in the draft. We can pick up guys like Garland in free agency after they struggle on the teams that drafted them.

voodoochile
08-14-2003, 09:26 PM
Couple of bloop shots. Garland made good pitches and just got beat by Salmon and Spezio. That happens from time to time...

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Couple of bloop shots. Garland made good pitches and just got beat by Salmon and Spezio. That happens from time to time...

Salmon has been killing the Sox in this series. As far as I'm concerned, the Sox should just pitch around him for the remainder of the night. He's had too many big hits.

SoxxoS
Does anyone give up more hits on 0-2 counts than Jon Garland? This is what you get when you try to hit the corners on every pitch to Jeff Davanon.

MLB hits ..237 on an 0-2 count and .217 after an 0-2 count.

kittle42

Or, if you're a Sox pitcher, from time to time to time to time to time to time....

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 09:30 PM
Frank and Maggs are both out of sync at the plate. All the more reason for Jerry Manuel to leave Carl Everett and Carlos Lee where they are, rather than moving them all over the lineup or benching them.

****ing idiot ----------------------------------> :jerry

balboner
08-14-2003, 09:31 PM
Is it safe to assume that we have lost all momentum.

SoxxoS
08-14-2003, 09:31 PM
We aren't going to hit this guy.

balboner
08-14-2003, 09:32 PM
Nice to see Everett and Daubach take 2 strikes each right down the plate. Daubach has been pathetic this year.

SoxxoS
08-14-2003, 09:32 PM
This is a completely different ballclub away from the Cell.

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 09:33 PM
Everett just struck out. I hope this isn't the start of a slump for him. Otherwise, you know who gets the blame ------------------------------------------------------> :jerry

ndgt10
Nice to see Everett and Daubach take 2 strikes each right down the plate. Daubach has been pathetic this year.

Hard to be a great hitter when you get a start once a week.

balboner
Has anyone stopped to think what our bullpen is right now:

Gordon
Marte
Wunsch
Adkins
Schoeneweis
Wright

This has to be the worst bullpen in baseball right now. The Royals much maligned bullpen is much better than this.

voodoochile
Big plate tonight - not surprising, the umps have to travel too...

FJA
08-14-2003, 09:34 PM
This is one of those games where we get a few meaningless singles and then score a run in the 9th and lose 4-1.

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 09:35 PM
Big plate tonight - not surprising, the umps have to travel too...

Sox hitters need to go up there ready to swing the bats then. Taking pitches down the middle of the plate isn't going to get it done. Everett and Daubach both took hittable pitches.

This team is once again on the verge of total diaster.

FJA
08-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by ndgt10
Hard to be a great hitter when you get a start once a week.

Agreed. Daubach was fine in May and June when he was playing everyday. He doesn't know how to be a role/bench player.

balboner
08-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if the umpire would call it both ways for once?

flo-B-flo
08-14-2003, 09:37 PM
Out here i don't get WCIU. So yousguys and baseball tonight are it. As an added bonus the SOX are not on the radio here. When I called the bigger am and fm stations, they all basically said theres not enough interest. How lame is that? GO-GO SOX

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Agreed. Daubach was fine in May and June when he was playing everyday. He doesn't know how to be a role/bench player.

That's another fault of Manuel's. The guys who probably should see more playing time aren't getting it, while the players who should be used sparingly are in the lineup at least once a week.

:firejerry

Fisk72
08-14-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
This is a completely different ballclub away from the Cell.

Perhaps we can talk all of the opposing clubs who we play on the road to move the games to the Cell.

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 09:40 PM
Random question: Just out of curiosity, does anyone think that Jerry Manuel drives a different way to the 'Cell for each game, just to see what happens?

"Vroom! Vroom!"

FJA
08-14-2003, 09:41 PM
That's another fault of Manuel's. The guys who probably should see more playing time aren't getting it, while the players who should be used sparingly are in the lineup at least once a week.

:firejerry

I agree completely, and furthermore, Manuel refuses to define his role. We can usually predict when Rowand or Harris will come in, but as for when Daubach is going to come in, it's a crap shoot.

There was this other guy who Manuel didn't know how to use ... I think this is him:

:glove

A.T. Money
08-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Both walks score.....as usual when the leader of corpseball is on the mound. Atta boy Jonny!

:corpseball

FJA
08-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Random question: Just out of curiosity, does anyone think that Jerry Manuel drives a different way to the 'Cell for each game, just to see what happens?

"Vroom! Vroom!"

Occassionally he parks at different El stations just to see how many different combinations of transfers will take him to the red line toward 95/Dan Ryan.

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 09:43 PM
This team is becoming difficult to deal with. Nobody has any mental toughness, least of all Jon Garland.

balboner
Nice to see Olivo cant catch a pitch right over the plate. I really wish he was on the DL right now, he's been horrible the last 2 months.

Fisk72
ARGH! The ONE time Garland could've used his HEAD for a change!!!

balboner
08-14-2003, 09:44 PM
THERE IS NO WAY MANUEL WILL KEEP HIS JOB AFTER THIS SEASON!

balboner
08-14-2003, 09:45 PM
How come our top hitting prospect, Joe Crede, and pitching prospect, Jon Garland, both lack "IT"? Neither of them seem to give a damn.

PaleHoseGeorge

I can hear it now...

"I like to tinker with the route I take to the ballpark, even though it usually doesn't work."

"I can't imagine any situation short of an emergency that I would use the 35th Street exit to get to the ballpark."

"Aaron Rowand went to school near here, so he can drive my car to Dairy Queen after the ballgame."

:hitless
"YAY!"

RKMeibalane
Somebody needs to step forward and take charge of this mess. The Sox are running out of time to catch KC, and those damn Twins are right on their heals again. The time to act is now. Wake up, guys!

balboner
08-14-2003, 09:46 PM
For anyone that says a manager doesn't make a difference, just look at Tampa Bay this year with Pinella, and as much as I hate to say it, the Cubs w/Mr. Ego Baker.

FJA
08-14-2003, 09:46 PM
THERE IS NO WAY MANUEL WILL KEEP HIS JOB AFTER THIS SEASON!

Not that I disagree or that I like JM, but what is this sudden shouting based on? Nothing in this game yet reeks of Manuel except for Daubach, and that's just a one-man substitution, putting in a guy who absolutely needs some at-bats.

If it's just the general softness of this team, then I agree.

FJA
08-14-2003, 09:48 PM
For anyone that says a manager doesn't make a difference, just look at Tampa Bay this year with Pinella, and as much as I hate to say it, the Cubs w/Mr. Ego Baker.

You forgot the most important example: Tony Pena.

joecrede
08-14-2003, 09:50 PM
Somebody needs to step forward and take charge of this mess. The Sox are running out of time to catch KC, and those damn Twins are right on their heals again. The time to act is now. Wake up, guys!

Worst case scenario they're 2 games out after tonight. I agree, time is running out.

Daver
08-14-2003, 09:51 PM
Nice to see Olivo cant catch a pitch right over the plate. I really wish he was on the DL right now, he's been horrible the last 2 months.

Yes your right,the entire teams struggles since the season started can be blamed on the rookie catcher that has already come close to playing in more games than he has ever been asked to play in before,against a competition level he has never come close to till Sept. of last year.

The answer must be Jamie Burke.

RKMeibalane
The bottom of the Sox order is terrible. Even though they aren't counted on for run production, it would be nice to see them contribute more than just the occasional single.

balboner
The reason that it's more obvious than ever that Manuel needs to go is how flat this team has been the last two games. In the middle of a pennant race, you would think that the players would care. The Angels line-up is absolutely pathetic, yet Jon Garland feels he needs to nibble with each hitter. Have some guts Garland.

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by daver
Yes your right,the entire teams struggles since the season started can be blamed on the rookie catcher that has already come close to playing in more games than he has ever been asked to play in before,against a competition level he has never come close to till Sept. of last year.

The answer must be Jamie Burke.

Balboner's hatred of Miguel Olivo is eerily similar to the hatred that bc2k displays for Frank Thomas.

ndgt10
08-14-2003, 09:52 PM
Night yall. I am tired of watching a team who couldn't care less lose 2-0. And if a miracle happens, and they win, i'll be the happiest guy in the world. A win-win situation for any sox fan.

balboner
08-14-2003, 09:54 PM
My hatred for Olivo right now is that he's just too easy of an out for a line-up that includes Crede and Valetin. He hasn't seen a pitch he won't swing at since May.

duke of dorwood
08-14-2003, 09:55 PM
Its reflected in the low team average that 3 regular outs are there.

RKMeibalane
I hope Jerry Manuel misses the flight to Texas. The Sox would be better off without him. Frank Thomas can serve as player/manager, so he will put himself back at first base.

duke of dorwood
What an awful pitch to a tough hitter

FJA
08-14-2003, 09:56 PM
Can someone please tell me why Tim Salmon is getting anything even close to a pitch he can drive out of the park?

balboner
I had no problem w/Olivo earlier in the year when he was batting below .200, but he was still making solid contact. Even when he does hit the ball now, his head is pulling out so far that he gets it all off the end of the bat.

FJA
I hope Jerry Manuel misses the flight to Texas. The Sox would be better off without him. Frank Thomas can serve as player/manager, so he will put himself back at first base.

amen

duke of dorwood
08-14-2003, 09:57 PM
I just wish he'd throw more fast balls and move them around

joecrede
08-14-2003, 09:58 PM
The reason that it's more obvious than ever that Manuel needs to go is how flat this team has been the last two games. In the middle of a pennant race, you would think that the players would care. The Angels line-up is absolutely pathetic, yet Jon Garland feels he needs to nibble with each hitter. Have some guts Garland.

The team is in a pennant race, the team is flat, every team that wins a pennant goes through a period where they are flat.

Daver
My hatred for Olivo right now is that he's just too easy of an out for a line-up that includes Crede and Valetin. He hasn't seen a pitch he won't swing at since May.

May I remind you that you are bitching about the number nine hitter in the lineup? Any production you get there is a bonus.

A.T. Money
Atta boy Jonny. 0-2 and you serve up a dinger after trying to get too pretty with your pitches.

NO BALLS!!!!!

:corpseball

RKMeibalane
This team is so screwed up right now it's not even funny.

balboner
08-14-2003, 10:01 PM
If the number 9 hitter is so unimportant, then why did everyone complain about Clayton in the past? I think in the AL, you need strong hitters up and down the line-up.

ShoelessFred
08-14-2003, 10:02 PM
so, who's gonna watch the bears game on saturday...

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 10:03 PM
If the number 9 hitter is so unimportant, then why did everyone complain about Clayton in the past? I think in the AL, you need strong hitters up and down the line-up.

Miguel Olivo has shown flashes of eventually becoming a good hitter. Clayton never did. Clayton also allowed his batting average to slip below the one hundred mark, which is absolutely pathetic. Any other Major League manager would have benched Royce for all eternity, but Jerry Manuel couldn't afford to let his ice cream go to waste.

FJA
08-14-2003, 10:04 PM
Is anyone else getting really sick of Hawk and DJ talking like other teams specifically target us when we lose? It's never, "our hitters just aren't thinking straight at the plate," it's "these Angels really come out with a great plan to beat us every time" ... it's almost as if every team we lose to circled us on their schedule at the beginning of the season, and no matter how hard we tried, we were going to lose.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-14-2003, 10:05 PM

Because Clayton (SS) was making Mark Johnson (C) bat 8th. Before that MJ even batted 7th because Julio Ramirez (CF) was batting 8th!

Can we all agree catcher is the single-most important defensive position on the diamond after each pitch is thrown? Whatever we get from a catcher with his stick is a bonus.

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Is anyone else getting really sick of Hawk and DJ talking like other teams specifically target us when we lose? It's never, "our hitters just aren't thinking straight at the plate," it's "these Angels really come out with a great plan to beat us every time" ... it's almost as if every team we lose to circled us on their schedule at the beginning of the season, and no matter how hard we tried, we were going to lose.

Hawk and DJ both spend a lot of time kissing the Sox asses, so they won't get into trouble. I don't think either of them really believes that other teams are to blame for this crap, but I also don't think they will be saying anything negative about the Sox.

FJA
08-14-2003, 10:09 PM
Hawk and DJ both spend a lot of time kissing the Sox asses, so they won't get into trouble. I don't think either of them really believes that other teams are to blame for this crap, but I also don't think they will be saying anything negative about the Sox.

I know, but is it really necessary to play the "there was nothing we could do" act? I don't expect them to rip players, but talk about dumbing down the broadcast ...

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by FJA
I know, but is it really necessary to play the "there was nothing we could do" act? I don't expect them to rip players, but talk about dumbing down the broadcast ...

Hawk has been more crtical of them since June, particularly when talking about some of the moves made by Jerry Manuel. As PHG pointed out, Hawk is a pretty mouthpiece for Jerry Reinsdorf. If Hawk says it, JR is thinking it. Therefore, I'm not convinced that Manuel will be back next year, even though he is under contract for 2004.

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 10:12 PM
If the Sox lose this game, I could see Ken Williams throwing another tantrum in the clubhouse, tipping over the buffet table and calling the players bitches and mother****ers.

FJA
08-14-2003, 10:14 PM
If the Sox lose this game, I could see Ken Williams throwing another tantrum in the clubhouse, tipping over the buffet table and calling the players bitches and mother****ers.

Unless this team stops napping before their ridiculously timed flight, someone needs to tell them.

FJA
08-14-2003, 10:18 PM
DJ's comment about Maggs looking at a foul ball like a home run is right on and a prime example of little things this team is not awake enough to do right now.

Viva Magglio
08-14-2003, 10:19 PM
What the hell is wrong with us? I am sick and tired of this lethargic play. This is nothing short of a continuation of the nightmare of us losing and the media having a major league Cubgasm.

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 10:20 PM
The following changes need to be made before tomorrow's game:

1. Frank Thomas at 1B.

2. No more alternate jersey. I'm sick of seeing it.

3. Manuel needs to stay awake for the entire game.

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 10:22 PM
The Royals will be two games up after tonight. They are playing the Twins. I hope Minnesota pounds them into oblivion, because I don't feel good about the Sox chances in Texas. This team is brutal on the road.

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 10:25 PM
I will now look into the mind of Jerry Manuel...

Here is what Manuel is thinking:

"We need to score runs."

Here is what he says:

"Gleef, gerzoid brem."

Jjav829
08-14-2003, 10:26 PM
I will now look into the mind of Jerry Manuel...

Here is what Manuel is thinking:

"We need to score runs."

Here is what he says:

"Gleef, gerzoid brem."

You really need to find something else to do during games. :smile:

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
You really need to find something else to do during games. :smile:

I know, but I'm bored. And I'm too hyped up to go to sleep.

kittle42
08-14-2003, 10:34 PM
The Royals will be two games up after tonight. They are playing the Twins. I hope Minnesota pounds them into oblivion, because I don't feel good about the Sox chances in Texas. This team is brutal on the road.

Plus, we're playing against three no name pitchers. This spells instant doom.

The Chicago White Sox: the only team that would rather face Mark Mulder than Ted Lilly

kittle42
08-14-2003, 10:35 PM
Hawk has been more crtical of them since June, particularly when talking about some of the moves made by Jerry Manuel. As PHG pointed out, Hawk is a pretty mouthpiece for Jerry Reinsdorf. If Hawk says it, JR is thinking it. Therefore, I'm not convinced that Manuel will be back next year, even though he is under contract for 2004.

As annoying as Ed Farmer can be, he and Rooney are much, much more critical of Corpseball than Hawk and DJ.

A.T. Money
08-14-2003, 10:36 PM
Wow another 3 up, 3 down inning.

I can't say I'm surprised. This team sucks.

WhiteSox = Life
08-14-2003, 10:37 PM
I know, but I'm bored. And I'm too hyped up to go to sleep.

How you can hyped over watching the Sox play in this game is a wonderment in itself.

Brian26
08-14-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by FJA
DJ's comment about Maggs looking at a foul ball like a home run is right on and a prime example of little things this team is not awake enough to do right now.

That was an outstanding comment by DJ. Loved the way he said Maggs has to "sell" that ball being foul. People can complain about DJ all they want, but he's been doing a good job with some insightful comments.

Jerko
08-14-2003, 10:41 PM
The following changes need to be made before tomorrow's game:

1. Frank Thomas at 1B.

2. No more alternate jersey. I'm sick of seeing it.

3. Manuel needs to stay awake for the entire game.

RK, don't we have a better chance when he stays ASLEEP the whole game? He usually wakes up just in time to kill us!

A.T. Money
08-14-2003, 10:49 PM
HOW MANY PITCHES ARE WE GOING TO WATCH RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE!!!!!!?!?!?!???

Jerko
08-14-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
HOW MANY PITCHES ARE WE GOING TO WATCH RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE!!!!!!?!?!?!???

My guess is at least 2 a batter.

kittle42
08-14-2003, 10:53 PM
Nice hustle, Frank.

I don't recall any team, even another Sox team, that would bury its head so quick in games like these.

Jerko
08-14-2003, 10:56 PM
I was depressed because summer is almost over, but it looks like May all over again! Whoo!

JohnJeter
08-14-2003, 11:04 PM
I'm Garland and I'm happy for the hook this time. . .

voodoochile
08-14-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by JohnJeter
I'm Garland and I'm happy for the hook this time. . .

Hey, Welcome Back! :D:

Sorry for the confusion. Hope things are better for you the second time around...

Jerko
08-14-2003, 11:15 PM
This is brutal. Did I just see Butt-Wunsch give up a hit to a lefty? Did Valentin and Everett see it too? Did Manuel see it? I guess not, here comes Schoeneweis or however you spell it to face a lefty cause the lefty that was just in for 2 batters had to leave for the new guy who we just HAD to use tonight. I wonder if a lefty is coming up?

JJAustin69
08-14-2003, 11:17 PM
We are toast. Game over man, Game over.

FJA
08-14-2003, 11:17 PM
Oh boy ... Adkins doesn't get a single guy out, and now Schoeneweis is in? Do we want to be even more embarrassed?

FJA
08-14-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
That was an outstanding comment by DJ. Loved the way he said Maggs has to "sell" that ball being foul. People can complain about DJ all they want, but he's been doing a good job with some insightful comments.

DJ's comments about JM's removal of Garland did not seem very kind.

WhiteSox = Life
08-14-2003, 11:22 PM
Threads that come from games like these deserve a sour tomato award.

:tomatoaward

WhiteSox = Life
08-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Nice to see the Sox finally getting more than one hit in an inning. Too bad it took till the top of the 8th to do so!

Of course, it's right after the Sox more or less give the game up with 2 runs allowed in the bottom of the 7th.

What can Paulie do? Ground into a fielder's choice. At least he got the run home. At very least, it avoids the shutout.

pudge
08-14-2003, 11:31 PM
why the hell was Adkins in this game? can anyone tell me?

WhiteSox = Life
08-14-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by pudge

"I would, but you, like everyone else in this world, wouldn't understand me. Why is that?"

:hurt
"That's because you make no sense."

"But even nonsense is a sense."

cheeses_h_rice
08-14-2003, 11:38 PM

I felt that a close game in the heat of a divisional race at the home park of the reigning World Series champions in a near-must-win situation was exactly the sort of low-pressure environment to put a brand-new pitcher in.

FJA
08-14-2003, 11:40 PM

Rookies have to earn their naptime.

kittle42
08-14-2003, 11:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
[B]:jerry

I am a closet Cub fan who is dying to give all the baseball attention in the city to my homies and Dusty.

kempsted
08-14-2003, 11:48 PM
Not that it is going to matter after all but pulling out Garland ... so so I thought he should give him another batter but not a horrible decision. Wunsch come in, gets an out and gives up a single to the best hitter in the lineup... must be time to bring in someone who has never pitched before. They are lucky Schoew was on tonight.

VeeckAsInWreck
Part of me wanted Maggs to make that final out, but now that he got on, it is time to play with my emotions! :D: :smile: :(: :whiner:

Jerko
Whatever you do, don't go to sportsline.com right now

JohnJeter
08-14-2003, 11:51 PM
Best case scenario: Sox slug their way to division title only to lose in first round against good pitching, due to inability to manufacture ANYTHING against good pitching.

And please don't cite the game vs. Harden/A's and any other isolated incidents.

kempsted
08-14-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by JohnJeter
Best case scenario: Sox slug their way to division title only to lose in first round against good pitching, due to inability to manufacture ANYTHING against good pitching.

And please don't cite the game vs. Harden/A's and any other isolated incidents.
I would like to COMPLETLY disagree with everything you say ...
but I think you are right. :(:

FJA
08-14-2003, 11:54 PM
Can we reassign WTP (Warning Track Power) as Daubach's nickname? Because he sure seems to do that a lot.

WhiteSox = Life
08-14-2003, 11:54 PM
Percival looking to pick up the 1-out save. And, he does so with a deep flyout to centerfield off the bat of Daubach.

VeeckAsInWreck
08-14-2003, 11:57 PM
There was no joy in Mudville, for the mighty Daubach has flown out!

D'OH!

On to Texas boyos!

kempsted
08-15-2003, 12:01 AM
OK Aneheim was a problem for the same reason that Detroit has been a problem, and the same reason Oakland has been a problem. There pitching is not too bad. The reason Aneheim has been losing is they havn't been scoring runs. There bullpen is the best in the Americaan L.

The good news is we should have no problem with Texas. They have only hitting no pitching. That is always better for us. That is why we can beat KC and the Twins.

OK I am trying to add a silver lining.

FJA
Originally posted by FJA
This is one of those games where we get a few meaningless singles and then score a run in the 9th and lose 4-1.

I want to bump this post of mine from earlier, not to compliment myself, but rather to show just how predictable this team is when it decides to not care at the beginning of the game. So the meaningless run came in the 8th (but we staged the kind of faux rally I was talking about in the 9th), and I would have never factored in a Jon Adkins run in a close game ... but you get the idea.

Point is, somedays you can look at this team and just know they are going to lose by the way they carry themselves. And that is just pathetic.

Lip Man 1
Gang:

Did anybody really expect the Sox to keep playing at a .750 clip?

They had a great three weeks no question, but there was a reason this team was lethargic for three months. The three weeks was a fluke, they are now going back down to the level of play that they demonstrated over a much longer time period this season and I'd opine over the past two previous years.

Those are the REAL White Sox not the imposters from mid July to the start of August.

And the reason Jon Adkins was in the game is because frankly who the hell else do the Sox have? Apparently they haven't been able to pick up folks off the waiver wire. (but the Royals were and they are ahead of the Sox in the standings...you figure it out.)

They just don't have it although they may still finish over .500 which is about where they have been for practically every year except for 2000, right around perfect mediocrity.

Lip

FJA
08-15-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
And the reason Jon Adkins was in the game is because frankly who the hell else do the Sox have? Apparently they haven't been able to pick up folks off the waiver wire. (but the Royals were and they are ahead of the Sox in the standings...you figure it out.)

They just don't have it although they may still finish over .500 which is about where they have been for practically every year except for 2000, right around perfect mediocrity.

Lip

You are absolutely right about Jon Adkins ... although I wish JM would have just left Wunsch in, the fact is, we HAVE to use Adkins at some point, because our bullpen is in serious trouble. This might not have been the best situation, but better now than when we're in a game we actually look like we're going to win.

WhiteSox = Life
08-15-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Gang:

Did anybody really expect the Sox to keep playing at a .750 clip?

They had a great three weeks no question, but there was a reason this team was lethargic for three months. The three weeks was a fluke, they are now going back down to the level of play that they demonstrated over a much longer time period this season and I'd opine over the past two previous years.

Those are the REAL White Sox not the imposters from mid July to the start of August.

Lip

No one thought a .750 clip was going to be continued. We surely didn't anticipate... Well, we surely didn't think... We surely hoped against a .250 mark against the Angels, even if the Sox were playing on the west coast.

FJA
08-15-2003, 12:14 AM
Wills is talking about how he likes reading the Game Threads during the game. :D:

kempsted
08-15-2003, 12:31 AM
Well at least Manuel stuck to his convictions and played Frank at first to get him out of his slump.... oh I guess he didn't did he. Daubach needed the work at first I guess. :?:

Jerko
08-15-2003, 12:31 AM
Well, at least we know KC or MIN are guaranteed to lose for the next 3 days. One of them will also win, but hey, we need something

FJA
08-15-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Well, at least we know KC or MIN are guaranteed to lose for the next 3 days. One of them will also win, but hey, we need something

I'm confident we can pick up a few wins in Texas, so I'm hoping Minnesota comes in and beats KC.

Lip Man 1
08-15-2003, 12:46 AM
The Sox are now 5-30 on the West Coast since August 2000. That's incredible you'd think the law of averages would have let them "luck out" and win more then five games.

I didn't realize they were that bad out there. I wonder what they are in Texas.

Lip

Lip Man 1
08-15-2003, 12:59 AM
Some of you might want to skip Teddy Greenstein's recap of the game in the Tribune.

He takes the wood and lays it up against the team's head.

Lip