PDA

View Full Version : Sox Nation Reminder Friday Nite 8/15

Hangar18
08-14-2003, 05:40 PM
Im sure some of us are coordinating get-togethers Friday Nite.
The Near Northside Chicago meeting will be at Bw3, 2500 block
of North Lincoln. Right next to the GinMill. Everyone will be meeting at 6:30 there. Feel free to post meetings that are South, SouthWest and other areas ......

Rocky Soprano
08-14-2003, 05:46 PM
Anyone in the south suburbs/Indiana, want to hook-up?

Hangar18
08-15-2003, 09:27 AM
Reminder...this is tonite. There are going to be a number of us at this Particular place, so it should be fun Watching Loiaza mow down the Rafael Palmeiro Rangers (nice ring to it) Voodoo, shane, farmer andy, dadawg are among the special guests ..... The Wings are Great, the "scenery" even better

Rocky Soprano
08-15-2003, 09:29 AM
Where is this place, do you have an addr?

If its not too far from me, I will join you guys for the game. How is parking out there?

LuvSox
08-15-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano

I wish I could today, no chance though. I would love to in the future.

bobj4400
08-15-2003, 09:38 AM
Where is this place, do you have an addr?

If its not too far from me, I will join you guys for the game. How is parking out there?

2464 N. Lincoln Ave. (it is on the South side of Lincoln about a block north of Fullerton)

Parking should be somewhat doable at 6:30, but any later and parking on Lincoln will be hard.

Hangar18
08-15-2003, 09:42 AM
BW-3 is at 2464 N Lincoln Ave. Its exactly one block NORTH of Lincoln/Fullerton/Halsted. Park On Lincoln ave, preferably a block or 2 North of there. Parking is easy if you park by Wrightwood and Lincoln. RedLine Drx: Take Redline to Fullerton, walk 1 blk east to Lincoln, go Left on LIncoln 1 blk.

Lake Shore Dr: take that to Fullerton, go west (cant go east, you'll be in Lk Michigan) take West to Lincoln. turn right, go about a block or two past the bar to Wrightwood to find parking.

Dadawg_77
08-15-2003, 09:45 AM
Afterwards, the bar Bordo's (I think) is known as a hook up bar.

Rocky Soprano
08-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Thats about a 40 minute drive for me, so I would rather stay a little closer.

So if anyone around the south suburbs/Indiana area want to hook up, let me know...

Brian26
08-15-2003, 10:03 AM
How late do you expect to be there, Hangar? Might be able to come, not sure.

Hangar18
08-15-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
How late do you expect to be there, Hangar? Might be able to come, not sure.

Late for sure, Im sure we'll all be in a good mood celebrating

bobj4400
08-15-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Afterwards, the bar Bordo's (I think) is known as a hook up bar.

If you like pretentious places, Bordo's is the spot. There are an inordinate amount of fine women though. (I do, so I have been there quite a few times!)

Dadawg_77
08-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by bobj4400
If you like pretentious places, Bordo's is the spot. There are an inordinate amount of fine women though. (I do, so I have been there quite a few times!)

I just know as the place where last at night or early in morning, you can find people just wanting to hook up.

voodoochile
08-15-2003, 11:48 AM
6:30, right?

FanOf14
08-15-2003, 11:50 AM

Originally posted by LuvSox
I wish I could today, no chance though. I would love to in the future.

I'm that way but tonight definitely won't work as I need to be up (to make sure the bf gets his rear outta bed and to help him harness his temper) between 6 and 7 for when the contractor shows up. The Sox better win tonight so I can be somewhat chipper and cheery so damned early on a Saturday!!!

Hangar18
08-15-2003, 06:17 PM
Reminder

Dadawg_77
08-15-2003, 06:18 PM
hey Hangar what are you going to be wearing? just so I know its you.

Hangar18
08-15-2003, 06:22 PM
Dude, you can miss us. I'll have khaki shorts, and a black
Comiskey pk tshirt

RedPinStripes
08-15-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
BW-3 is at 2464 N Lincoln Ave. Its exactly one block NORTH of Lincoln/Fullerton/Halsted. Park On Lincoln ave, preferably a block or 2 North of there. Parking is easy if you park by Wrightwood and Lincoln. RedLine Drx: Take Redline to Fullerton, walk 1 blk east to Lincoln, go Left on LIncoln 1 blk.

Lake Shore Dr: take that to Fullerton, go west (cant go east, you'll be in Lk Michigan) take West to Lincoln. turn right, go about a block or two past the bar to Wrightwood to find parking.

That's too far north for me! I'm in bensenville. Near Irving park Rd. (4000 North ) :o: I'd go, but that's still a long ride for me since i dont know how to drink sociably when having a good time. :gulp:

voodoochile
08-16-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
That's too far north for me! I'm in bensenville. Near Irving park Rd. (4000 North ) :o: I'd go, but that's still a long ride for me since i dont know how to drink sociably when having a good time. :gulp:

That's too bad. It was cool to meet FarmerAndy and DaDawg_77 as well as get together with Hangar again. We even met some other Sox fans who don't post on the site. It was a crappy loss, but the people were way cool.

RedPinStripes
08-16-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
That's too bad. It was cool to meet FarmerAndy and DaDawg_77 as well as get together with Hangar again. We even met some other Sox fans who don't post on the site. It was a crappy loss, but the people were way cool.

Sox tailgates are different though. I usually drive in with a few guys or just tone it down during the game so i can drive. I cant say that anyone i've met hasnt been cool. Anyone planning on meeting up at the park soon?