PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Rick White

A.T. Money
08-14-2003, 04:38 PM
Rick White stickin it to us once again.

The Astros bring him in, and in 1/3 of an inning, all he's managed to do is walk 2, hit a batter, and pour the gasoline on the flame.

Viva Magglio
08-14-2003, 04:40 PM
:jerry
"He'll probably claim that Jimy Williams doesn't know how to manage pitching changes."

RKMeibalane
08-14-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
:jerry
"He'll probably claim that Jimy Williams doesn't know how to manage pitching changes."

:maggs

"Shut up, Jerry."

Grobber33
08-15-2003, 12:40 AM
Did you hear Jerry Manuel has a new endorsement?? He's now doing Commercials for WHITE OUT!

WhiteSox = Life
08-15-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Grobber33
Did you hear Jerry Manuel has a new endorsement?? He's now doing Commercials for WHITE OUT!

The words "White" and "out" don't go together too well.

Grobber33
08-15-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life

Touchee!!!!

VeeckAsInWreck
08-15-2003, 01:01 AM

Very good my friend, but I feel that those 2 words can co-exist!

"Someone please get White out of this friggin' game!"

WhiteSox = Life
08-15-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Grobber33
Touchee!!!!

Thank you. The alumni starts it and the currently enrolled one finishes it.

:)

WhiteSox = Life
08-15-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
Very good my friend, but I feel that those 2 words can co-exist!

"Someone please get White out of this friggin' game!"

Allow me to answer in rhyme.

For that insinuation had already been a taken route,
I chose to use a different pun for White and out.

For whatever odd reason, I always feel more poetical after a White Sox loss...

:?: :smile:

VeeckAsInWreck
08-15-2003, 01:10 AM
Allow me to answer in rhyme.

For that insinuation had already been a taken route,
I chose to use a different pun for White and out.

For whatever odd reason, I always feel more poetical after a White Sox loss...

:?: :smile:

Well excuse me Shakespeare! :D:

Allow me to respond in rhyme as well:

We no longer have that loser named Rick White
Therefore I find no reason for us to fight! :gulp:

WhiteSox = Life
08-15-2003, 01:17 AM
Well excuse me Shakespeare! :D:

Allow me to respond in rhyme as well:

We no longer have that loser named Rick White
Therefore I find no reason for us to fight! :gulp:

Nothing better than a fight, one that's staged late at night,
Where two posters quarrel and bicker, as the lights begin to flicker.
But arguing we plainly see, is not for you and not for me,
So let's avoid this stupid spat, for Veeck and Life know where it's at.

:D:

VeeckAsInWreck
08-15-2003, 01:26 AM
Nothing better than a fight, one that's staged late at night,
Where two posters quarrel and bicker, as the lights begin to flicker.
But arguing we plainly see, is not for you and not for me,
So let's avoid this stupid spat, for Veeck and Life know where it's at.

(standing ovation)

Yo Life!

WSI needs to set up a poetry corner for you! That was beautiful!

An afterthought:

Life, I feel like I can't top that
So I bow out and tip my hat!

cheers to ya! :gulp:

WhiteSox = Life
08-15-2003, 01:45 AM
(standing ovation)

Yo Life!

WSI needs to set up a poetry corner for you! That was beautiful!

An afterthought:

Life, I feel like I can't top that
So I bow out and tip my hat!

cheers to ya! :gulp:

Well, having just seen "History of the World, Part 1" I can't stop thinking about the hilarious scene where the Jews start doing a couple quick rhyming verses in the Inquisition story. I kinda used that as inspiration. Sometimes, the juices flow, you know? I can't believe I almost forgot the thank you. Thanks, Veeck.

:smile:

I honestly think WSI can set up a feature with poetry/parodies/written work. There are several good pieces to put up. I'll name a few, too. Well, all I can recall. Voodoochile had "Sympathy for the Sham-ME*" and, I wanna say, MHOUSE had a parody of a Peter, Paul and Mary hit with "Liefer on Jet Plane". Please correct me if I'm wrong, which wouldn't be the first time. Now, for the self-promotion.

I wrote an original, "Sham-Me's* Song" which inspired VC to write his song. Amazing how the corked incident led to two great songs, huh? I also parodied the Beach Boys with "Wouldn't It Be Nice". Not to mention, I have another one in the works, a takeoff of a Gene McDaniels classic. I must say, listening to almost entirely Oldies gives you a fantastic selection of music to choose from.

Sometimes it pays off to be a pretty good writer and speaker. Unfortunately, there are also times when I get the "What the hell are you saying?" look. I admit, though, those are pretty funny.

Life-Style

Acid
08-15-2003, 02:56 AM
At least he hit 1 cub.

WhiteSox = Life
08-15-2003, 04:09 AM
Well, having just seen "History of the World, Part 1" I can't stop thinking about the hilarious scene where the Jews start doing a couple quick rhyming verses in the Inquisition story. I kinda used that as inspiration. Sometimes, the juices flow, you know? I can't believe I almost forgot the thank you. Thanks, Veeck.

:smile:

I honestly think WSI can set up a feature with poetry/parodies/written work. There are several good pieces to put up. I'll name a few, too. Well, all I can recall. Voodoochile had "Sympathy for the Sham-ME*" and, I wanna say, MHOUSE had a parody of a Peter, Paul and Mary hit with "Liefer on Jet Plane". Please correct me if I'm wrong, which wouldn't be the first time. Now, for the self-promotion.

I wrote an original, "Sham-Me's* Song" which inspired VC to write his song. Amazing how the corked incident led to two great songs, huh? I also parodied the Beach Boys with "Wouldn't It Be Nice". Not to mention, I have another one in the works, a takeoff of a Gene McDaniels classic. I must say, listening to almost entirely Oldies gives you a fantastic selection of music to choose from.

Sometimes it pays off to be a pretty good writer and speaker. Unfortunately, there are also times when I get the "What the hell are you saying?" look. I admit, though, those are pretty funny.

Life-Style

An addendum:

Firstly, while upon my thinking throne, I realized that the title of VC's song was "No Sympathy For The Sham-ME*" (although the asterisk may be off). Secondly, yes, it was MHOUSE with his PP&M parody.

Finally, I'll look for the original inspiration for the last rhyme. Then, I'll post it.

maurice
08-15-2003, 12:00 PM
I can't believe the Sox cut this trusty vet! They should have gotten rid of that young whippersnapper Marte instead!