PDA

View Full Version : Twinks Getting New Carpet

Viva Magglio
08-14-2003, 03:34 PM
That carpet the Twinks play on will give us no grief after this season.

From ESPN.com: "Twins' current home surface eight years old" (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/story?id=1594872)

MisterB
08-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
That carpet the Twinks play on will give us no grief after this season.

From ESPN.com: "Twins' current home surface eight years old" (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/story?id=1594872)

What will the Twinkies' offense do without those Astroturf hits? Now if they can do something about that baseball-colored roof...

Hangar18
08-14-2003, 04:32 PM
I think the new turf is going to be even Spongier than this stuff.
I hope it doesnt look like this 2nd generation of turf (like the DevilDogs and Philly have ) the stuff Looks Like the players are
playing on a field of Lettuce

Foulke You
08-14-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I think the new turf is going to be even Spongier than this stuff.
I hope it doesnt look like this 2nd generation of turf (like the DevilDogs and Philly have ) the stuff Looks Like the players are
playing on a field of Lettuce

The "lettuce" turf you are referring to is called "Nexturf". It does look like a big salad but it is much more preferable to playing on the billiards felt they currently have there. Nexturf is softer and reacts more like grass to ground balls.

This is great news for the Sox. I think we were haunted by Twinkee dome squib singles more than any other team.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-14-2003, 06:27 PM
Gee, what a shame! The Great State of Minnesota just went to all the trouble and expense of PAINTING the old turf just last spring. The new checkerboard look is strictly PAINT! Even the notoriously frugal Minnesota government could stand the embarrassment of their home team playing on a diamond that looked like a billiards table. And doesn't Carl Pohlad deserve the very best? Maybe they got a deal on Dutch Boy from Menard's or something?

Nick@Nite
08-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Dang! I was hoping this thread was gonna exclaim the news that the over-sized rec-room called the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome was being torched. :(:

The Humpty Dump should be place off limits to the national past time.