PDA

View Full Version : Moronotti

bobj4400
08-14-2003, 11:49 AM
The Baker circle jerk continues...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay14.html

Mighty4
08-14-2003, 11:55 AM
Why don't they just rename the cubs something like the Holy Trinity? Father (Wood) Son, (Prior), Holy Ghost (Baker) and Communion Wafer (Darren Baker). Throw in Ronnie Woo Woo as one of the asses in the stables and Chimp Carey as Moses and we're all set. I know I may get struck by lightning right now but if the Cubs are this "heavenly" experience we may as well give them religous altar egos.

Foulke You
08-14-2003, 11:55 AM
"This becomes intriguing territory when coupled with a delicious scheduling twist"

What is it with Moronotti's love affair with the word "delicious". He uses that one almost as much as the phrase "In a perfect world..." I swear he has been recycling the same articles over and over again.

ScottyTheSoxFan
08-14-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Foulke You
"This becomes intriguing territory when coupled with a delicious scheduling twist"

What is it with Moronotti's love affair with the word "delicious". He uses that one almost as much as the phrase "In a perfect world..." I swear he has been recycling the same articles over and over again.

he thinks scammy sosa is delicious as well, but thats a whole nother story.

voodoochile
08-14-2003, 12:02 PM
Only made it through the first paragraph before my hypoglycemia kicked in and I couldn't take it anymore...

FJA
08-14-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Only made it through the first paragraph before my hypoglycemia kicked in and I couldn't take it anymore...

I absolutely refuse to read anything the Moron writes about the Cubs.

DrCrawdad
08-14-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
The Baker circle jerk continues...

Just be happy that you're not the ring leader. Although I think quite a few Cubbie fans might enjoy that kind of thing...

Hangar18
08-14-2003, 12:10 PM

THAT, and the fact that hes using the word "GIDDY" to describe the excitement the press and the fans are feeling about the Cubs, a term ive been using to DENIGRATE the fools up north

chuckn98229
08-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Let's see, Giants are doing better without MLB's 'messiah'. flubs WERE in 1st place (knocked out of 1st by the Sox, I believe). Messiah Baker dishes-up some ignorant drivel about who plays better in the sun and defends his lying, cheating right fielder. So because of this

"Dusty Baker has demonstrated his importance. He has been worth every penny of his $3.5 million, and if they need someone to engrave his Manager of the Year trophy, allow" the moron.

Where is the 'vomit-man' when you need him?

Hangar18
08-14-2003, 12:53 PM
Also.....Why is Mariotti so Stupid as to not realize Hes WRITTEN THIS SAME EXACT kind of article like 3 x already. Im trying to research all his columns so I can put some dates to this too.
What a buffoon. another perfect example of cub-loving media run amok

Brian26
08-14-2003, 12:57 PM
:moron

"I am GIDDY because that 8-piece KFC dinner with all the sides last night was DELICIOUS. God, it's tough being a chick magnet.

Anyone want to meet at Jilly's later for drinks?"

Iwritecode
08-14-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
hypoglycemia

I've never seen that word. What is it, fear of guys with bad toupees?

:fluffy

I heard that!

JJAustin69
08-14-2003, 01:09 PM
:chunks

You wanted vomit man, you got him. This time caused by reading the Sun-Times after breakfast. Go Cardinals and Astros is all I can say.

duke of dorwood
08-14-2003, 01:24 PM

Only guy I ever heard use that was a mad media mogul in a James Bond Move, Elliott Carver

voodoochile
08-14-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I've never seen that word. What is it, fear of guys with bad toupees?

:fluffy

I heard that!

I might not have spelled it correctly, I didn't look it up. It is the opposite of diabetes. Your body processes sugar to efficiently and you get sugar highs followed by emotional crashes.

I'm not really affected by it, either, but reading that article might have given it to me, so I stopped...

chuckn98229
08-14-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by JJAustin69
:chunks You wanted vomit man, you got him. This time caused by reading the Sun-Times after breakfast. Go Cardinals and Astros is all I can say.

THanks a lot - that made my afternoon. Now I can get back to work!?

bobj4400
08-19-2003, 09:26 AM
Flubs off day, big Sox victory last night. What does Moronotti write about? Why the Flubs 7th inning stretch of course. At least he rips them about the farce:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay19.html