PDA

View Full Version : Murph question


Jerko
08-14-2003, 09:19 AM
Murph on the score today is ecstatic that the Cubs are 1.5 out. Sox fans are not happy being 1.5 out. Therein lies one of the differences between Cub and Sox fans. Anyway, Murphy posed a question this morning: Would the Cubs be 1.5 out with a different manager? (meant as a COMPLIMENT to Baker obviously). I ask THIS question: Would the SOX be 1.5 out with a different manager? I wonder.

bobj4400
08-14-2003, 09:24 AM
Weren't the SCrubs leading that division for most of the first three months of the season? Now they are happy to be 1.5 games out? Sad.

Too bad they are going to win that division. The Astros and Cardinals are disasters, and the Scrubs have an easier schedule than Minnesota in September.


It is ESPN 1000 for me this morning until 10, as I knew that the Cub morning show with Murph would be unbearable today. He is a horse's ass.

MetalliSox
08-14-2003, 09:39 AM
Difference is, yesterday at this time, we were 1/2 game out and the Cubs were 2 1/2 games out.
We lost a game we needed to win because KC destroyed the Yanks of all teams. That's why I am disappointed.
Cubs beat the division leaders to gain a game, that is why they are happy.

Dadawg_77
08-14-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
Difference is, yesterday at this time, we were 1/2 game out and the Cubs were 2 1/2 games out.
We lost a game we needed to win because KC destroyed the Yanks of all teams. That's why I am disappointed.
Cubs beat the division leaders to gain a game, that is why they are happy.

True, I mean we were all happy when we beatup KC to get within a game and half before. The major reason why Cubs fans would be more happy then Sox fans, is Great Expectations. The Sox should be 10 games up right now and not 1.5 games behind. Where as the Cubs were supposed to be fighting off the Reds for last place. Any glimmer of a race they provide is a lot more then any Cub fan could have hoped for this year.

Hangar18
08-14-2003, 10:02 AM
a Cub win and a Sox Loss, and I knew I wouldnt be Listening to the Cub Morning Show with Murphy and some guy thats supposed to be a Sox Fan, but lets Murph dominate the phone calls and talk. True, the score has put in a little sox talk lately, but by my "score", theyd have to let the SOX dominate that show for 2 yrs before were anything but EVEN as far as coverage. Any Cub Win, if anyones noticed in the last Month....Gets Talked about with Giddy Excitement. Murphs demeanor has changed Considerably. Any Cub Loss and SOX Win and what does the SCore talk about? The FRIGGIN Bears.

ssang
08-14-2003, 10:07 AM
What really pisses me off is that Dan Evans should be congragulated by the Cubs organization if the Scrubs win the division. He actually took on Todd "team cancer and joke of a player" Hundley and in return he gave the Cubs Grudzilenak AND Karros. Without them, the Cubs would have Bobby Hill at 2b, Hee Sop full-time at 1st, and they would still have Hundley. Basically the Cubs would be in last place without Dan friggin' Evans.

Hangar18
08-14-2003, 10:08 AM
and to answer the Query......Baylor couldve done the EXACT same thing that Baker has been "doing", minus the bigot comments and GM'ing from the dugout. Its always been "reported" by the media how Baker is a "Players GM", and because of being a former player, can "Communicate great withthe players". Isnt that what was said when Baylor was hired amid all the Pomp and Circumstance? The MEdia was sooo excited when Baylor was here, it wasnt funny and downright obscene. Report the story fellas, thats your job. Its almost like we went back in time, and the Media is the same as it was back a few yrs ago....except the new press conference had Baker playing the role of Don Baylor. He gets Lauded and Credited (by Mike Kiley types) for wanting to win so bad, and Demanding certain players and trades be made, but you know Why that is? Because if you Remove the Curtain of Decent Players he has, he'll be exposed for what he is.......An Overrated, Media-Loved Manager

Hangar18
08-14-2003, 10:22 AM
Thats exactly right. Without Dan Evans Foolishness at the GM helm, the Cubs would be NOWHERE NEAR first place with Bobby "Million Dollar" Hill at 2b and that goof Hee "Flop" Choi at 1B. I was so happy that Hundley was doing horribly, because I knew NOOONE would take that contract on, any team would be Foolish to take a .200 hitting Catcher that gets hurt, and is owed BIG MONEY still. well, i was wrong, there was a Foolish GM out there, and he managed to trade 2 Good players that were injured last yr. What a Fool, his Dodger team is STRUGGLING on offense and the guys he traded are Hitting 300 each and helping the cubs. Whats Hundley doing, still on the DL ? I was mad at first when Evans left to join the Dodgers, and KW was given the job. But man....KW has weathered the storm, (he made a couple of really stupid trades himself) but he is making MOVES to try to help the team. Schoenweis is a good trade on paper, but that jackass sucks and is as big a problem as Koch is. So the Story the Media cant wait to write "the Miracle Cubs '03" really is "The Folly of Dan Evans & how to help a bad, media-loved franchise get to the Playoffs"

CHISOXFAN13
08-14-2003, 11:14 AM
It's funny because Murph is ecstatic, while Jurko yesterday was not happy that they could get to withi a half game today. He wanted more. That's my attitude with the Sox. I'm tired of being close. I'm ready for this team to get on another extended winning streak. We need to win 3 of the last four on this trip.

Lip Man 1
08-14-2003, 11:55 AM
Let's reverse the question...

Would the Sox be a game and a half behind with Dusty Baker as manager?

Would the Cubs be a half game back with Jerry Manuel as manager?

You know the answers to those questions as well as I do therefore you know the answer to the original question. Baker has done a great job with a team that was hitting just as badly as the Sox for most of the season.

If Baker had the talent to work with that the Sox have they'd be in control of either division.

Jerry Manuel is one of the biggest reasons why the Sox are where they are right now instead of where they should be. (and this road trip isn't over yet. Garland goes tonight...Cotts again on Saturday. This could be very ugly...)

Lip

voodoochile
08-14-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
(and this road trip isn't over yet. Garland goes tonight...Cotts again on Saturday. This could be very ugly...)

Lip

And it could be just fine...

thepaulbowski
08-14-2003, 12:41 PM
I didn't realize the Score was still around...I can't seem to find them on my radio dial


Hmmmm....... :?:

Dadawg_77
08-14-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Thats exactly right. Without Dan Evans Foolishness at the GM helm, the Cubs would be NOWHERE NEAR first place with Bobby "Million Dollar" Hill at 2b and that goof Hee "Flop" Choi at 1B. I was so happy that Hundley was doing horribly, because I knew NOOONE would take that contract on, any team would be Foolish to take a .200 hitting Catcher that gets hurt, and is owed BIG MONEY still. well, i was wrong, there was a Foolish GM out there, and he managed to trade 2 Good players that were injured last yr. What a Fool, his Dodger team is STRUGGLING on offense and the guys he traded are Hitting 300 each and helping the cubs. Whats Hundley doing, still on the DL ? I was mad at first when Evans left to join the Dodgers, and KW was given the job. But man....KW has weathered the storm, (he made a couple of really stupid trades himself) but he is making MOVES to try to help the team. Schoenweis is a good trade on paper, but that jackass sucks and is as big a problem as Koch is. So the Story the Media cant wait to write "the Miracle Cubs '03" really is "The Folly of Dan Evans & how to help a bad, media-loved franchise get to the Playoffs"

Evans made the deal to clear money this year. The money owed to Karros and Grudzilenak was about the same as the money owed to Hundley. just Todd's money was spread out over two unlike due all this year with Eric's. The Dodger's hope all Hundley needed was a change of scenery, so it would make it easier to move LaDuca to first. If he still suck at least they help their cash flow this season to sign other player to fill other holes. Low risk move with a slight potential for a high return. Plus the Dodgers got someone from their system to play catcher which makes the need to Hundley to play even less.

ChiSoxBobette
08-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
Murph on the score today is ecstatic that the Cubs are 1.5 out. Sox fans are not happy being 1.5 out. Therein lies one of the differences between Cub and Sox fans. Anyway, Murphy posed a question this morning: Would the Cubs be 1.5 out with a different manager? (meant as a COMPLIMENT to Baker obviously). I ask THIS question: Would the SOX be 1.5 out with a different manager? I wonder.

How baout this for a question Would the White Sox be a game and a half out if we had Pena as our manager nad KC had Manuel?