PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cubs Fans Reign Supreme

valposoxfan
08-13-2003, 06:40 PM
My buddy had an extra ticket to the Flubs game today so I drove down to the Urinal with him. After Shammy* struck out for the second time in the game in the 7th, I made a comment about how classless it was for him to bring up contract negotiations during the middle of a pennant race.

The Cubs fan behind me who almost had a coronary after Estes threw a strike three curveball to MORGAN ENSBERG in the first, calling it the greatest pitch he's ever seen, starting talking about Sosa's contract, obviously hearing my barbs about Sosa. He then mentioned to his buddy that, and I quote (sit down for this folks...) "I think that the Cubs should try to trade Sammy for SORIANO"...don't rub your eyes folks. You're reading it clearly.
That was a sincere comment from a Flubs fan. I almost said something but instead I just turned around and laughed. Just unbelievable. I hate that place. And the fans.

Vsahajpal
08-13-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
My buddy had an extra ticket to the Flubs game today so I drove down to the Urinal with him. After Shammy* struck out for the second time in the game in the 7th, I made a comment about how classless it was for him to bring up contract negotiations during the middle of a pennant race.

The Cubs fan behind me who almost had a coronary after Estes threw a strike three curveball to MORGAN ENSBERG in the first, calling it the greatest pitch he's ever seen, starting talking about Sosa's contract, obviously hearing my barbs about Sosa. He then mentioned to his buddy that, and I quote (sit down for this folks...) "I think that the Cubs should try to trade Sammy for SORIANO"...don't rub your eyes folks. You're reading it clearly.
That was a sincere comment from a Flubs fan. I almost said something but instead I just turned around and laughed. Just unbelievable. I hate that place. And the fans.

Estes blows.

Sosa didn't bring up the contract extension, I think Kiley did and then the rest ran away with it. This was after MacPhail and Katz had lunch together a week or so ago. Sosa actually asked those in the media to stop the contract talk until the season was over. I guess the contract stipulates he and his agent have two weeks after the Fall Classic to decide one way or the other.

Hangar18
08-14-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Estes blows.

Sosa didn't bring up the contract extension, I think Kiley did and then the rest ran away with it. This was after MacPhail and Katz had lunch together a week or so ago. Sosa actually asked those in the media to stop the contract talk until the season was over. I guess the contract stipulates he and his agent have two weeks after the Fall Classic to decide one way or the other.

I believe that "journalist" over at the times Did Bring it up.....trying to be Cub GM again..........But dont think that Sammy didnt Tip Kiley to Leak this....