PDA

View Full Version : Sox record on WGN

Greg1983
08-13-2003, 07:22 PM
Hi everyone.

I live in Indianapolis, so I only get to see Sox games when they're on the WGN superstation. Of course, there's a handful on ESPN or Fox, but that's relatively rare.

With the exception of last Sunday's brilliant win over the A's (thank you, E-Lo), it seems like the Sox always get killed when they play on WGN. Even the Devil Rays spank us on WGN.

I'm wondering if this is just a perception or if this is reality. Anyone have the ability to go back through the season and check the Sox record in WGN-televised games?

Thanks!

Greg in Indy

Daver
08-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Greg1983
Hi everyone.

I live in Indianapolis, so I only get to see Sox games when they're on the WGN superstation. Of course, there's a handful on ESPN or Fox, but that's relatively rare.

With the exception of last Sunday's brilliant win over the A's (thank you, E-Lo), it seems like the Sox always get killed when they play on WGN. Even the Devil Rays spank us on WGN.

I'm wondering if this is just a perception or if this is reality. Anyone have the ability to go back through the season and check the Sox record in WGN-televised games?

Thanks!

Greg in Indy

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

JJAustin69
08-13-2003, 07:29 PM
I'll be surprised if it is a winning record. It does seem like they lose most of the games that are on WGN.

fquaye149
08-13-2003, 08:53 PM
and espn. don't forget that.

meanwhile kc seems to win every game they play on espn.

motivational tactics?

JJAustin69
08-13-2003, 09:02 PM
KC up 3-0 on the Yanks on ESPN in the 3rd. :(:

LuvSox
08-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Welcome aboard Greg1983. I've done some of my finest drinking in Indy! :gulp:

Lip Man 1
08-13-2003, 09:40 PM
As of this day the Sox are 9-12 for the season on WGN. To the best of my knowledge they are 1-2 on ESPN.

Lip

RKMeibalane
08-13-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
As of this day the Sox are 9-12 for the season on WGN. To the best of my knowledge they are 1-2 on ESPN.

Lip

Actually, the Sox are 1-3 on ESPN. They lost a Sunday night game to the Mariners. This was the night that Jon Miller complained about being rained on. Next, they lost to Toronto on Memorial Day. They split the two games with the Royals last week.

Tragg
08-13-2003, 10:18 PM
Hi everyone.

Thanks!

Greg in Indy

I'm in your position - WGN access only - and I think you're right - we blow on WGN

Reichardt
08-14-2003, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone.

Thanks!

Greg in Indy

Greg,

I've put in a few shouts to ESPN 950 about picking up the Sox broadcasts next year. If you are interested in furthering the cause, please contact greg@espn950 to let him know there are Sox fans in Indy. Thanks.

Thanks

Hangar18
08-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Reichardt
Greg,

I've put in a few shouts to ESPN 950 about picking up the Sox broadcasts next year. If you are interested in furthering the cause, please contact greg@espn950 to let him know there are Sox fans in Indy. Thanks.

Thanks

This is an excellent response......Please do so....This stuff WORKS (see "changing the media" thread above)

Hangar18
08-14-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

What about when theyre on the "U" channel 26? Ive noticed
some of their games have also been on ESPN, so how does that
Factor into all of this?