PDA

View Full Version : Fights At Wrigley...

DrCrawdad
08-13-2003, 12:07 PM
Last week we heard once again about fights at The Cell. IMHO big crowd, night game and the beer flowing it's no big surprise there were fights.

I guess the response from some in the media and some Cubbie fans didn't surprise me either with incredulous, "Wow, that doesn't happen at Wrigley..."

Note the comments below by a Bleacher regular, Al Yellon. My point isn't that The Cell is better or worse than Wrigley. And I don't post this here as a slam on Cubbie fans. It's just to point out that fights at games is not something unique to The Cell.

There was a huge fight behind us in the eighth inning -- at first we didn't even realize what was going on, and then suddenly five or six really large drunk people were on top of each other. One of them wound up with blood streaming out of his nose. What is wrong with people, anyway? Bring back 70's night! Link (http://www.yellon.org/archives/2003_08_10_archive.htm#106074466337767913)

Hangar18
08-13-2003, 12:18 PM
When I go to wrigley, I see Drunks, Drunk people drinking,
girls waiting in line for the bathroom, and fights. Thats what I
see. I also see the game being played on the field when people arent in my way ..........

FJA
08-13-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Last week we heard once again about fights at The Cell. IMHO big crowd, night game and the beer flowing it's no big surprise there were fights.

I guess the response from some in the media and some Cubbie fans didn't surprise me either with incredulous, "Wow, that doesn't happen at Wrigley..."

Note the comments below by a Bleacher regular, Al Yellon. My point isn't that The Cell is better or worse than Wrigley. And I don't post this here as a slam on Cubbie fans. It's just to point out that fights at games is not something unique to The Cell.

Wait--you mean people get drunk around Wrigley field at night? Who is responsible for this?

:moron

"Another South Side travesty. White trash White Sox fans, with no game to go to and jump an umpire or coach, and with a late game to watch, have invaded the Holy Land and polluted baseball's best story this season, on the North Side."

brewcrew/chisox
08-13-2003, 01:28 PM
:barney&sham

I tol you to stop drinking during my game at cub the Wiggly stadium. You shud apologi.

MRKARNO
08-13-2003, 09:17 PM
the thing is, the people at wrigley are too drunk to rememeber the fights

DrCrawdad
08-13-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Wait--you mean people get drunk around Wrigley field at night? Who is responsible for this?

Last year I attended a game at The Shrine and sat in the much ballyhooed bleachers. I asked a security guard about fights in the bleachers. The security guard said that they get about 3 fights each night game in the bleachers.

inta
08-13-2003, 10:54 PM
ask any wrigleyville resident about the fights that happen post game along clark st. along with the normal vomitting and public urination.