PDA

View Full Version : ESPN rating for the Cell

akingamongstmen
08-13-2003, 11:53 AM
I think Jim Caple did a pretty good job in his review of the Cell.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/ballparks/cellular.html

He gets bonus points for giving Nancy Faust a point in his Wild Card section. I do think it would've gotten a higher score if he had eaten a bratwurst instead of a chicken sandwich...I mean, who goes to the Cell to eat healthy-ish food? And don't even get me started on the churros. If a chocolate filled churro isn't a signature food item, then I don't know what is.

FJA
08-13-2003, 12:16 PM
A very fair review, IMO.

I had a bad feeling--knowing that Caple would probably be in town for the ASG--that THIS would be the game that he went to for his page 2 review. I think the fact that the first game after the ASG with that rain delay was the reviewing day had a lot to do with some of the low scores.

That being said, I wish he found the churros and tried a brat. I am glad he has a lot of respect for the fans and disdain for the shaft the South Side usually gets.

Overall, a lot better than I expected.

maurice
08-13-2003, 12:23 PM
I agree with the comments above. Caple essentially tows the Sox fan line on criticisms of Reinsdorf and the park.

However, I still have a big problem with his disturbingly bloated rating of Wrigley, which was graded a full ten points higher than the Cell, primarily because the number of points he awarded to Wrigley does not reflect any of his insightful criticisms.

Hangar18
08-13-2003, 12:25 PM
This is a lame attempt by him to make up for the GIFT review he gave wrigley. He shoudlve just come back the next day and did the review under better conditions. No way wrigley is better than comiskey ..........

Jerko
08-13-2003, 12:42 PM
The bathroom score hurt cause he counted the walk from the UD seats into is. He didn't focus just on the bathrooms. Also, places to go to before and after the game, I know he was talking about the neighborhood bars, but I've had quite a few fun post games at the bullpen bar and/or stadium club. The Cell got no credit for either one of those places.

Hangar18
08-13-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
The bathroom score hurt cause he counted the walk from the UD seats into is. He didn't focus just on the bathrooms. Also, places to go to before and after the game, I know he was talking about the neighborhood bars, but I've had quite a few fun post games at the bullpen bar and/or stadium club. The Cell got no credit for either one of those places.

You know, your right about this. THis Caple guy is Awarded the MIKE KILEY Award for Yellow, Irresponsible and Lazy Journalism

MarqSox
08-13-2003, 12:48 PM
I thought the review was very fair ... besides, look at the parks we beat -- Yankee, SkyDome, Bank One. That's decent.

My only beef was that he missed out on the Bullpen Bar. That should have earned another point or two under "pre/post-game entertainment," if for no other reason than it's unique.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-13-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Jerko

This guy's point system is a joke. He's backing into whatever total score he thinks the ballpark deserves. It was obvious he was pumping up his score for the Urinal, and just as obvious that he bumped up the Cell when the points didn't total up the way he wanted them to.

G-A-R-B-A-G-E.

FJA
08-13-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by maurice
I agree with the comments above. Caple essentially tows the Sox fan line on criticisms of Reinsdorf and the park.

However, I still have a big problem with his disturbingly bloated rating of Wrigley, which was graded a full ten points higher than the Cell, primarily because the number of points he awarded to Wrigley does not reflect any of his insightful criticisms.

I agree. A good review of the Cell doesn't excuse his ridiculous Wrigley review, but a lot of that reflected the fact that Wrigley is his favorite ballpark. While I don't agree with his bloated scores, I respect the fact Caple came right out and said that in his Wrigley review ... you can't blame a guy who, removed from the Chicago baseball scene, likes a historical place ... whether you like Wrigley or not, it is one of the few remaining "classic" ballparks in the majors.

Let's examine the scores more closely ...

Cell gets higher scores on: Seat Comfort, Hot Dogs, Concessions, Signature Food, Beer, Bathrooms, P.A., Fun things and FANS.

Wrigley gets higher scores on: Scoreboard, Souveniers, Tickets, Exterior Architecture, Interior Architecture, Ushers, Trading Up, 7th Inning Stretch, Local Scene and Wild Card.

The two stadiums tied for access, which is kind of BS since the Cell actually has places to park, but whatever. It's obvious he took the red line to both. I don't really care about the "access" score anyway.

Architecture: I know a lot of people either studying or practicing architecture, and nearly every one will tell you that someone really screwed up when they designed Comiskey Park II. It's getting better, and the plans for further improvements look good, but as it is now, I can't say I disagree with the architecture judgement (even if Caple's reasoning is faulty).

Scoreboard: Again, Caple is a tourist admiring a historic place. Of course he's going to like that historic place's signature item. Obviously I don't agree, but he only gives Wrigley .5 higher, and it becomes a matter of opinion.

Tickets/Ushers: He really bloats Wrigley's score here, but it's not like the Cell has a great tickets situation either. So we can chalk this rating up to bias. Ushers ... they show you to your seats. I don't know how you can really score this anyway.

Souveniers: I don't really care what he thinks about souveniers, but the ridiculousness of his Wrigley rating here has been discussed in a previous thread. The Cell's souveniers aren't anything to write home about, but Wrigley doesn't even have many. Advantage Cell, IMO, but again, I don't really care about which stadium has the better souveniers.

Trading up: Non-existent at the Cell, so you can't blame his rating here. His Wrigley rating is kind of ridiculous, since you can never really upgrade there since it is usually full.

7th inning stretch: Chalk this one up to tourist moment. Whatever ... another novelty that I don't really care about the score for.

Local scene: While a lot of us like Jimbo's, et al, you really can't blame his score here. As an objective observer looking for bars and restaurants, Wrigley deserves a good score, and we deserve a pretty bad one.

Wild card: Again, favoritism makes Wrigley's score higher, and really, the Wild Card score on all the reviews is about favoritism. What I do like about his Cell Wild Card score is that he actually has really, really good reasoning, unlike on Wrigley where the reason is "just because."

We have an advantage in the categories that I care most about, and his comments reflect a great respect for the White Sox and its fans. I'm interested to go back over both reviews and re-rate the ballparks based on his objective comments. I think the Cell would come out on top, and anyone able to read should be able to see that.

GoSox2K3
08-13-2003, 01:11 PM
His review is not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. This is certainly better than the Trib's Sox beat reporter from last year (Paul Sullivan) calling Comiskey the worst park in the league.

He had some nice things to say about the park, he complimented Sox fans (and slammed Cub fans in the Wrigley review) and he said that the park and the Sox get unfair treatment in Chicago.

Interesting that he says he wants to give the park a higher score, yet scores it unfairly low some of his categories:
- only 3 for 7th inning stretch and really slams the experience at Comiskey compared to Wrigley. I think the 7th inning stretch is great at Comiskey! Everyone is always into it and it's great to hear Nancy play. It sounds like this score might have been based on the fact that he went on a day when no one was there because of a long rain delay.
- 1.5 for ticket price/availability/location. Come on! Comiskey doesn't deserve a 5, but a 1.5? Lower tickets are easy to get and they are not that expensive compared to Wrigley.
- Access should have been a 5 because of good availability of BOTH public transit and parking.
- Bathrooms are better than 3.5

Seems like he relies to heavily on upper deck seats to come up with alot of his scores. I wonder how he'll rate the place in a few years when the Sox modify the upperdeck.

Iwritecode
08-13-2003, 01:20 PM
Urinal / USCF - my comments

seat comfort: 3.5 / 4 - He sat in his seat at the urinal for what 2 innings? A wooden bench is going to be comfortable after standing for that long. Obviously he didn't find one of the many seats that allow you to have a steel beam between your knees.

hot dogs: 4 / 5 - It's hard to screw up a hot dog at the game.

concessions: 3.5 / 4.5 - USCF better have a better score here.

sig food: 3 / 3.5 - I agree with whoever said he should have had a churro.

beer: 3 / 4 - I don't drink beer but I'm surprised the scores are this close considering the selection the Cell has.

bathrooms: 1 / 3.5 - He was dead on with Wrigley but he could have at least went into the bathroom at the Cell before grading it...

scoreboard: 4.5 / 4 - Yea, the scoreboard at Wrigley tells you the exact same thing that the one at the Cell does except for maybe the NAME of the player? I hate that. No video replay either.

PA system: 3.5 / 4 - If it's loud enough for me to hear ,what's the difference?

fun stuff: 3.5 / 4 - OK, what exactly is there to do at Wrigley besides talk on your cell phone and look at women? The Cell at least has kids stuff and the BP bar.

souvenirs: 5 / 3 - This is total BS for the Wrigley score. How do souviners you buy ACROSS THE STREET count?

tickets: 4 / 1.5 - Two things here. He obviously didn't try to buy a ticket to the Cubs/Yankees series and didn't watch the Sox on half-price night. These two scores need to be reversed...

exterior: 5 / 2.5 - He gave Wrigley a five because of the sign over the main enterance? Please...

interior: 5 / 4 - I'd rather be able to walk around entire stadium and see the game than fawn over a few weeds growing on the outfield walls...

access: 4 / 4 - Yea right. If you're like me and don't ride the El, Wrigley barely gets a 1. The Cell at least has parking lots...

ushers: 4 / 3.5 - They get a better score because they get to watch the Cubs play everyday?

trading up: 4 / 2 - He can't buy an upper deck ticket and then sit in the lower deck. :whiner:

fan knowledge: 3.5 / 5 - Cubs fans got a 3.5? That's being generous.

7th inning stretch: 5 / 3 - The tradition that started on the Southside...

local scene: 5 / 1 - Obviously when the game gets over at 1AM there isn't going to be a lot to do...

wild card: 10 / 8 - Way too many fluff points given out here...

fledgedrallycap
08-13-2003, 01:30 PM
I can't complain too much because I don't believe many people would of expected anything better and far more of us expected worse.

He hit the nail on the head - gave props to the fans and mentioned this Southside team usually gets the short end of the stick.

I thought the ticket price comment was unwarranted. For the second biggest sports market in the country, lower bowl seats under $30 bucks is a steal. And as mentioned by Code, half price nights are one of the best promotions in the game. Same goes for the beer score (it's cold and not Old Style) and bathrooms (what does he expect, to have a port-a-john in the aisle in the upper-deck - give me a break).

Overall, not a bad evaluation, but who really cares what anyone really thinks. It's a good conversation piece, but I like the Cell no matter what anyone has to say about it.

FJA
08-13-2003, 01:52 PM
OK, I went through and took some of the bloating out of the Wrigley scores, and re-rated it based solely on his comments ... I tried to be fair to Caple, and if he justified his rating, I left it alone since it is his article and not mine. But the bloating was obvious, and if he wants to do it, he should leave it for the Wild Card, which is a category created to give points for favoritism. Obviously, I left that alone. I think a lot of his comments about Wrigley are actually very good. It's the scores that are faulty. Here's what I came up with, doing just a quick read-through.

Access: He doesn't seem to take any points off for almost complete lack of parking. The El is as good as advertised, though, for both ballparks. REVISED SCORE: 3

Exterior Architecture: No way do his comments reflect a 5, even if he does like the entrance. REVISED SCORE: 3.5

Tickets: While he doesn't mind the poles, he acknowledges that you can't see the game. He also criticizes the Wrigley ticket sale formula. Based on the way he scores other categories, that should be two points off, not one. (And I think that's being generous, but again, it's his article, not mine. I would give an automatic one for the Premium scam.) REVISED SCORE: 3

Interior Architecture: It's a matter of preference, and he justifies his score here. SCORE: 5

Hot Dogs: It's hard to screw up a hot dog, as someone else mentioned, and he doesn't seem to have any problems. SCORE: 4

Concessions: Justifies his score. SCORE: 3.5

Signature concession item: This rating makes NO SENSE. He admits that there is NOT a signature concession item. How can you give Wrigley anything more than a 1 here? REVISED SCORE: 1

Beer: Another score that makes NO SENSE. He says they ran out of beer, and this is the only review I've read where he doesn't talk about the beer selection, which is pretty bad. REVISED SCORE: 1

Bathrooms: Even Caple couldn't screw this one up. SCORE: 1

Scoreboard: Again, it's a matter of preference, and he likes the scoreboard, but he talks enough about the lack of video to take away a full point. REVISED SCORE: 4

P.A.: No problems with his score based on his comments. SCORE: 3.5

Fun stuff: He talks about fun stuff, but it's questionable whether or not it should count since Waveland is outside the ballpark, and the first pitch happens at every ballpark. I'll be generous with this revision, though, since he at least gives some reason. REVISED SCORE: 3

Souvenirs: How the hell can he count a store across the street after he decides that inside the selection is horrible? Does he go over to the Cubby Bear to revise the beer rating? This is his dumbest rating of all. REVISED SCORE: 1

Ushers: I have no idea how you score this, so I left it alone. SCORE: 4

Trading up: He gives extra points for bleacher policy, which doesn't really have anything to do with trading up, but trading up is pretty much non-existent most days at Wrigley, which he admits. Then again, you really can't take away points because the place sells out. REVISED SCORE: 3

Comfort: I don't have any problems with this rating, considering he does say that it's good for an 89-year old stadium. SCORE: 3.5

Fans: If he wants to give points for uninformed enthusiasm, which is what he seems to think Cub fans represent, that's his business, but I can't believe that is worth five points alone, and he should subtract at least a point if he thinks throwing back balls is the worst tradition in baseball (and there are A LOT of traditions). REVISED SCORE: 2.5

7th Inning Stretch: It seems like he gives points for novelty in this category all across the board, so whatever. He can keep his 5. SCORE: 5

Pre/Post game action: The 5 is the right grade, and Caple's comments reflect that. SCORE: 5

Wild Card: SCORE: 10 (Again, this is Caple's business.)

REVISED TOTAL SCORE: 69.5

I think he was fair in his score for the Cell, at least based on the experience he described.

So if you take out his Wrigley bias, a 74 - 69.5, advantage Cell is about right, given his categories. Really, Caple was pretty fair in everything but the point values he gave Wrigley. Like I said, if he wants to give Wrigley a 10 in Wild Card because he likes it so much, that's his business. But the score should also reflect the problems, which he doesn't fail to mention in the article itself.

Feel free to revise my comments. :smile:

FJA
08-13-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
I can't complain too much because I don't believe many people would of expected anything better and far more of us expected worse.

He hit the nail on the head - gave props to the fans and mentioned this Southside team usually gets the short end of the stick.

I thought the ticket price comment was unwarranted. For the second biggest sports market in the country, lower bowl seats under $30 bucks is a steal. And as mentioned by Code, half price nights are one of the best promotions in the game. Same goes for the beer score (it's cold and not Old Style) and bathrooms (what does he expect, to have a port-a-john in the aisle in the upper-deck - give me a break).

Overall, not a bad evaluation, but who really cares what anyone really thinks. It's a good conversation piece, but I like the Cell no matter what anyone has to say about it.

By the way, I completely agree. I don't care what anyone thinks, but it's fun to talk about.

maurice
08-13-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Urinal / USCF - my comments
. . .
scoreboard: 4.5 / 4 - Yea, the scoreboard at Wrigley tells you the exact same thing that the one at the Cell does except for maybe the NAME of the player? I hate that. No video replay either.

His Urinal review complains that they need a diamond vision. The Cell has a brand new diamond vision, an auxiliary scoreboard, and those groovy wraparound boards on the facing of the upper deck.

souvenirs: 5 / 3 - This is total BS for the Wrigley score. How do souviners you buy ACROSS THE STREET count?

And how do you credit the scrubs for a place outside the park, and then ignore Grandstand and Footlocker right down the block from the Cell? Because he didn't even know they were there. His comments indicate that he didn't even attempt to check out the neighborhood, but rather took the el in, bought from a scalper, attended portions of the game, and grabbed a cab back. This is the typical result of JR's insistence that the park be surrounded by parking lots.

access: 4 / 4 - Yea right. If you're like me and don't ride the El, Wrigley barely gets a 1. The Cell at least has parking lots...

As I mentioned in the other thread, if the Urinal is a 4 in this category, the Cell is an 8. TWO el lines + closer expressway + ample parking.

fan knowledge: 3.5 / 5 - Cubs fans got a 3.5? That's being generous.

Another bad example of bloating. I appreciate the props for Sox fans, but he pans ignorant scrubs fans and then awards them a nice score. The Cell review is fine, but the Urinal review reflects scrubs media bias.

:?:

Tragg
08-13-2003, 01:58 PM
I don't live in Chi, so help me here, if someone would.
From downtown, which park is easier to get to by car and by train? Thanks

Foulke You
08-13-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap

I didn't understand his beef with the prices for lower deck seats. There are two half price nights to choose from where you can sit downstairs for as low as $12. Even if you had to pay full price, they are between $24-29. The Blackhawks charge $75 a ticket to sit anywhere on the 100 level. The Bears and Bulls are also quite expensive for lower level seats. There are also places like Yankee Stadium and Fenway where you have to spend $45 to get good seats close to the field.

Overall, the review was fair but seemed rushed. Like he didn't really do his homework on the ballpark and kind've shuffled the numbers til he got what he wanted. Too bad he didn't pick a better game to do his review at. The UD is high but not the Mariotti esque exaggerated "boy, you need oxygen up here" high and certainly not any higher than some of the other new parks like Jacobs Field or Miller Park.

FJA
08-13-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
I don't live in Chi, so help me here, if someone would.
From downtown, which park is easier to get to by car and by train? Thanks

Car, the Cell, by far.

Train, it's a tie since it's the same train, about the same distance from downtown.

maurice
08-13-2003, 02:14 PM
While the distance is about the same, it is much faster to get to the Cell on the train. The el stops every mile or two on the South Side, but stops several times more frequently on the North Side, extending the commute substanitally. As a result, the Cell is only two el stops from the Loop on the Red Line and one el stop from the Loop on the Green Line. By contrast, the Urinal is seven stops from the Loop on the Red Line.

(This assumes the generally accepted definition of the boundaries of "the Loop": South and East of the Chicago River, West of Lake Michigan (duh), and North of Roosevelt Rd.)

FJA
08-13-2003, 02:15 PM
BTW, if you want to read a fair rating of a ballpark with "mystique" (whatever that means), you should check out Jeff Merron's review of Yankee Stadium ... it's pretty good.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/ballparks/yankee.html

voodoochile
08-13-2003, 02:28 PM
I agree with George, he seemed to have a preset idea of what he wanted to give the place and then made the points fit.

I was disappointed by the number of cracks he made about attacking 3rd base coaches. Can we get past this yet? Then he decides that the reaction of the Sox to the problem was Knee jerk, even though it has solved the problems and led to more lower deck tickets being sold at face value. The really good thing is it is forcing people to sit upstairs which will eventually dispell the notion that the UD is unfit for man or beast. He mentions how far away the field is in the UD and how high it is and uses a picture to prove his point. But the picture is taken in the very corner of the stadium where no one ever sits except for sellouts and I imagine if you get a ticket to an important game - one big evnough for the Sox to sell ALL the tickets, you don't really care where you are sitting.

I don't get his comment about lack of beer selection. Soxpark has one of the best (if not THE best) selection in the majors. Becks and Heiniken on tap for cripes sake, 'nuff said.

I do agree that in comparing the place with Wrigley, Soxpark wins in the more important categorys.

Jerko
08-13-2003, 02:58 PM
I guarantee the highest upper deck seat at the Cell is closer to the field than that cute little last row of home-made bleachers on the roof on a building across the street from the urinal. And cheaper too.

Hangar18
08-13-2003, 03:18 PM
IWriteCode.....that was an EXCELLENT review you just did. I like how you posted all the subects for criteria too. This made me decide to do a FAIR Assessment of my own, and I was a bit surprised at my Results. In all fairness, I also scored 2 stadiums that Ive visited recently Dodger and Kauffman Stadium.

All things considered, CAPLE DEFINITELY GAVE TOO MANY FLUFF POINTS to wrigley considering he slammed the place, then gave them points anyway. My score for Wrigley was a 35. yeah, that was MORE like it. They scored Terribly on Food, Beer, Bathrooms, Ushers, Scoreboard, SigFood, PaSystem, FanKnowledge, 7thInning (only because they copied it from Sside)
I gave them Perfect 5's for Interior, TradingUp, and LocalScene which is right and they should. I think everyone thinks these 3 categories make up the Entire ambiance of a stadium, which it doesnt. Comiskey got a 71 in my book. They scored Terribly in TradingUp, LocalScene, and Exterior (sorry, precast colored concrete is STILL UGLY). the sox scored perfect in a lot of categories including Beer, SigFood (Churros), Bathrooms,SeatComf, Access,7thInn,FunStuff (BPBar, fundamentals, showerin LF, PitchMachine,FanDeck,RainRoom). Overall, the 'experience' is a comfortable one, and even better if the dang teams winning. People are starting to realize this, as Im seeing a lot of 'new" fans at the park lately, so the secrets out.

Royals Stadium got a 69 and was close to comiskey. Where they got Perfect 5's were Beer (man they have a great selection of microbrews in the stands including Boulevard Ale for only 4.50!)
Scoreboard,Exterior,Interior,Ushers (most polite/friendly ive ever seen) Access and LocalScene are what they scored Poorly on as theyre in the outskirts of town. Dodger stadium got a 47 with me, not much better than Wrigley. They managed a few 5's with me in SeatComfort(cushioned!), SigFood (dodgerdog, pretty good) Exterior (stadium set among a mountain ravine. Interior, the parks pretty Bland, but the view of the mtns is Great, so I had to only give them a 3.

inta
08-13-2003, 03:28 PM
eh, we got a better ranking than yankee stadium and he gave props to the fans. that's good enough for me.

iwas really expecting him to score the cell in the ranks of the vet.

Hullett_Fan
08-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
My score for Wrigley was a 35. yeah, that was MORE like it. They scored Terribly on Food, Beer, Bathrooms, Ushers, Scoreboard, SigFood, PaSystem, FanKnowledge, 7thInning (only because they copied it from Sside)
I gave them Perfect 5's for Interior, TradingUp, and LocalScene which is right and they should. I think everyone thinks these 3 categories make up the Entire ambiance of a stadium, which it doesnt.

Agree with you on Wrigley having poor food, beer (yuck), bathrooms, ushers (terrible), SigFood, PAsystem and fan knowledge.

Diagree on scoreboard...huge hand operated board like old comiskey used to have is awesome; 7th inning is cool and deserves points, though yes they did steal it from us.

On a side note, I believe COMFORT is the most important category and I give The Cell a 4.5 and Wrigley a 1.5. Much wider seats, wider aisles, open concourse, bigger area around concessions and no lines at The Cell make for a more pleasant viewing experience. Yes, though I'd like to see Cell sold out more often, I do like that I have more breathing room when 20,000 or less show up. :smile:

MarqSox
08-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
Agree with you on Wrigley having poor food, beer (yuck), bathrooms, ushers (terrible), SigFood, PAsystem and fan knowledge.

Ushers there get a zero in my book ... at a Cubs/Sox game once, I sat down in a broken seat (the seat slanted 30 degrees toward the floor). When I talked to an usher to complain, he actually accused ME of breaking it! I weigh 180, so not likely. And even if that were the case, they should have done what they could to make my experience better. Instead, he said he would talk to someone and get it fixed, but never came back. I saw him walking later in the game -- he spotted me, chuckled and quickly went the other direction. :angry:

cadman
08-13-2003, 04:27 PM
Jim Caple reviewed our favorite teams park today on ESPN.com. I'm not sure if this will link up, I haven't done this before, but if you go to the site it is on the page 2 section. He had some nice things to say about the fans and pointed out the bias towards the cubs.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/ballparks/cellular.html

delben91
08-13-2003, 04:41 PM
I actually think it's a rather solid article. I didn't read the one he did on Wrigley, so I don't know how much of the Cubbie Crack he inhaled, but I think his article on the Cell is pretty fair.

He gives Sox fans their due for knowing the game, and is high on the food at the park. Understandably he doesn't like that if you buy an upper deck ticket you can't get down on the main concourse, a policy I understood, though disagreed with myself when I visited the Cell in late June.

Also, he gives notice to Gene Honda, Nancy Faust, slams Reinsdorf a few times, and recognizes that the city (though he doesn't come out and say the media) often forgets that there is a team on the South Side.

All in all, nicely done.

Foulke You
08-13-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I don't get his comment about lack of beer selection. Soxpark has one of the best (if not THE best) selection in the majors. Becks and Heiniken on tap for cripes sake, 'nuff said.

I was baffled at the "lack of beer selection" comments. He must have just stayed in his seat the whole time and only saw the MGD/Miller Lite Vendors walking around and assumed that was all we have. There are two "Beers of the World" kiosks in the ballpark. One on the lower level and one on the upper level so there was no excuse for missing those. They have everything there. Rolling Rock, Heineken, Corona, even Blue Moon beer. I never even heard of Blue Moon beer until I saw it at The Cell. How much is this guy getting paid for his "research"?

JJAustin69
08-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Not an entirely off base article but his rankings system is pointless. He even confuses himself by saying that he thinks it should have a higher score than his numbers show.

Daver
08-13-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I was baffled at the "lack of beer selection" comments. He must have just stayed in his seat the whole time and only saw the MGD/Miller Lite Vendors walking around and assumed that was all we have. There are two "Beers of the World" kiosks in the ballpark. One on the lower level and one on the upper level so there was no excuse for missing those. They have everything there. Rolling Rock, Heineken, Corona, even Blue Moon beer. I never even heard of Blue Moon beer until I saw it at The Cell. How much is this guy getting paid for his "research"?

They don't sell Buckhorn though,fascist bastards.............

voodoochile
08-13-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by daver
They don't sell Buckhorn though,fascist bastards.............

They don't sell sewer water either... :D:

Daver
08-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
They don't sell sewer water either... :D:

Yes they do,it is in a green bottle,they call it "Heiniken"...............

:redneck

voodoochile
08-13-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by daver
Yes they do,it is in a green bottle,they call it "Heiniken"...............

:redneck

Comes on tap too. Yum...