PDA

View Full Version : Royals fans more worried about Twins

MarqSox
08-13-2003, 11:32 AM
These guys are so lame. They plan to root for the Sox when they play the Twins because, somehow, the Twins are perceived as a greater threat. Did they miss the part where we spanked them 5 out of 6? The top of the thread is about schedules (cry me a river) but check out the responses.

http://www.royalboard.com/baseball/messages/68789.html

Rocky Soprano
08-13-2003, 11:35 AM
"In the slim chance we dont win..."

Do these people realize they are barely hanging on to first place?

kevingrt
08-13-2003, 11:40 AM
Reminds me of people not to far away....

bobj4400
08-13-2003, 11:41 AM
"The Twins deserve it more than the Sox."

Huh??? If anything, no team for the Central 'deserves' to be in the playoffs.

These Royal fans are dopes.

Fisk72
08-13-2003, 11:44 AM
Not to take sides with our enemy, but we've done a pretty crappy job of holding on to 1st place ourselves. Minnesota is definitely not out of it, especially since they've been somewhat on a roll. In the last 10, they're 10-3, while both the Sox and Royals are a very mediocre 5-5. Anytime our boys want to step it up and put it away, fine by me. Now is probably the best time, playing the Angels and Rangers the next week or so.

voodoochile
08-13-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Fisk72
Minnesota is definitely not out of it, especially since they've been somewhat on a roll. In the last 10, they're 10-3...

Now that's a neat trick... :D:

Hangar18
08-13-2003, 11:49 AM
Good. Let them worry about the Twins....
We'll Quietly take the division that way...........
The media will get OFF the Sox Bandwagon very shortly, and
transfer to the Cub Bandwagon in a just a bit here also. Let
them ALL worry about someone else, we'll be the underdog Everywhere. You realize and expect that the Media will be Pulling, Hoping, Praying that the cubs make the Playoffs so they can print all of the PRE-WRITTEN stories about how curses are over, finally they win, (including the interview already in the "can" with the goats owner). their hoping will translate into even more stories than ever about the flubs and their fans. Good, let them look like Fools when the real story passes them by.

FJA
08-13-2003, 11:55 AM
I've kind of been lurking at RoyalBoard for a few weeks, and I seriously don't think some of the people over there have a clue that there are other teams in their division right behind them.

Exhibit B is this thread (http://www.royalboard.com/baseball/messages/68354.html) about Saturday's Sox game, which they apparently thought Billy Koch lost. It starts out a standard enough thread about opponents' play, but look what it turns into. Pay special attention to the post "I just wanna clinch at home."

Some of these people are just like Flub fans.

Rocky Soprano
08-13-2003, 11:58 AM
I agree, I like being the underdog. I like that the media thinks the best team in the city is the Flubs.

When the Sox prove that wrong and hopefully end up making the playoffs and the Flubs choke what will they say?

Now lets dream and say the Sox win it all, what will the media say?

:o:

VaSoxfan
08-13-2003, 12:01 PM
They are going to cling to the schedules as long as they can, it's what gives them hope. But it's useless. With our starting pitching, and the way the Sox offense has improved, we should be able to give everyone a hard time, whether they are the Yankees or Tigers.

At this point, with as awful the Sox have been against the weaker teams this season, I almost fear the easier games more. Like this long stretch we have with two weaker teams . 1-1 so far. I expect at the very least, 10-4, 11-3 in this 14-game run with the Angels and Rangers.

The Royals fans should clam it with the schedules. They seem to forget they recently went into a stretch of playing Tampa Bay in 7 of 10 games, while we were playing Oakland and Seattle. They went into that with a 3-game lead and came out with a 1/2 game lead.

ScottyTheSoxFan
08-13-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Now lets dream and say the Sox win it all, what will the media say?

Cubs look to 2004

Rocky Soprano
08-13-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
Cubs look to 2004

CUBS LOOK TO 2004
Sox Win World Series

:)

Fisk72
08-13-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Fisk72
Minnesota is definitely not out of it, especially since they've been somewhat on a roll. In the last 10, they're 10-3,

WHOOPS! Sorry 'bout that. Yeah, they're 7-3 in their last 10. That goes to show how fried my brain is here at work today!

soxtalker
08-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Wasn't it only a week or two ago that a columnist in the local KC paper was all upset because he had spoken to 5 or 6 people here who were more worried about MN than KC?

As others have said in this thread, I'd much rather have the fans, media, and -- most of all -- players on other teams take us for granted.

Lip Man 1
08-13-2003, 02:46 PM
Just for what it's worth...

Scott Wetzel, the late morning host on The Sporting News radio network (and huge Red Sox fan) was just talking about the Central Division.

He says the Royals are going to win it because somehow they are still in first place in the middle of August with a rotation that includes pitchers like Lima, Appier and Abbott.

He talked about how with Abbott on the mound the Royals came from 5-1 down to beat the Yankees. He said the Royals got "karma" and it's tough to stop a team that has it.

He said the Twins season ended last night when in the 9th inning, they missed a chance to tie the game when a possible three run home run came up three inches short versus Cleveland. (He also said the red Sox season ended last night as well...)

Then he said something that warmed my heart about the White Sox....he said the Sox won't win it because "they have the worst decision making manager in baseball, Jerry Manuel."

Lip

RKMeibalane
08-13-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Then he said something that warmed my heart about the White Sox....he said the Sox won't win it because "they have the worst decision making manager in baseball, Jerry Manuel."

Thoomp!

That, ladies and gentlemen, was the sound of a hammer hitting a nail right on its head.

:firejerry

Tragg
08-13-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by VaSoxfan

The Royals fans should clam it with the schedules. They seem to forget they recently went into a stretch of playing Tampa Bay in 7 of 10 games, while we were playing Oakland and Seattle. They went into that with a 3-game lead and came out with a 1/2 game lead.

Not really - we gained all of our ground against them in the head-to-head games; we did hold position while playing the As and Mariners while they played Tampa Bay.
Minny, who does have a ridiculously easy schedule remaining, gained ground v. the Tigers but broke even against the Orioles.

That's our salvation - a lot of head to head games against both teams. I don't think the Twins have a decent team left on the schedule except the Sox and Royals - we've got 12 with the Yanks and Bosox (hopefully, they may be out of it by the time we play them) and and the Royals may have 4 with the Yanks. And both have more Tiger games than we do.
So we'll need those head to head games, I expect.

WinningUgly!
08-13-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Which part warmed your heart? The part where he called JM "the worst decision making manager in baseball" or when he said, "the Sox won't win it"? :?:

MarqSox
08-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker
Wasn't it only a week or two ago that a columnist in the local KC paper was all upset because he had spoken to 5 or 6 people here who were more worried about MN than KC?

Well yeah, but we were upset because that's ludicrous. The Sox are leaps and bounds better than the Royals, yet they think we're not an issue. Sox fans have every right to not be concerned about the Royals because they suck.

See the difference? :cool:

maurice
08-13-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker

I'm STILL far more concerned about the twinkies than KC.

soxtalker
08-13-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by maurice
I'm STILL far more concerned about the twinkies than KC.

I don't know which to be more concerned about. The twinkies have a team that has won before, so there is a tendency to assign them more credibility. The Royals get taken for granted because they don't have a track record (or, perhaps more precisely, their players have such limited track records that they don't appear to be very good). The Twins, having won before, may know how to handle the pressure of a pennant race. But the Royals essentially have nothing to lose; they can play very losse because of this.

Bottom line -- take them both seriously. And I hope that each of them worries about the other more than us.

doublem23
08-13-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Which part warmed your heart? The part where he called JM "the worst decision making manager in baseball" or when he said, "the Sox won't win it"? :?:

Both... This is Lip... When the Sox lose, he's happy!

Lip Man 1
08-13-2003, 10:04 PM
Double:

I don't think you realize how much of an idiot you sound when you say that but what do you expect from a guy who makes such a big deal over how many strike outs Sammy Sosa has?

Lip

believenroyals
08-13-2003, 10:18 PM
All year long from the sox fans" the twins are still the team to beat, the royals will fold" but once royals fans say they are more concerned with the twins than the sox, the sox fans get upset. A little two sided don't ya think,

MarqSox
08-13-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by believenroyals
All year long from the sox fans" the twins are still the team to beat, the royals will fold" but once royals fans say they are more concerned with the twins than the sox, the sox fans get upset. A little two sided don't ya think,

Of course it's two-sided ... it's two-sided because the situations aren't equal. Should we also be concerned with the Indians and the Tigers?

The Royals WILL NOT win the division. If the Sox don't, it will be the Twins. Mark it down.

gosox3072
08-13-2003, 10:35 PM
Lip, dont knock the whiff-o-meter, thats one of the best signitures on the site.

My opinion is that until any team is offically out of it, im still worried about them. (Det has 5 games left to be offically out of it) :D:

believenroyals
08-13-2003, 10:36 PM
"Of course it's two-sided ... it's two-sided because the situations aren't equal. Should we also be concerned with the Indians and the Tigers?

The Royals WILL NOT win the division. If the Sox don't, it will be the Twins. Mark it down."

i see, i like your facts. Keep up the good work

voodoochile
08-13-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by believenroyals

This is a Sox site. No one said it had to be fair...

PaleHoseGeorge
08-13-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Careful voodoo. You're going to make him cry.

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

WhiteSox = Life
08-13-2003, 11:14 PM
There's a reason why this site's slogan is "Totally Biased, Utterly Petty, Completely Unobjective" you know?

:)

RKMeibalane
08-13-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

WSI has always been adverstised as being "totally biased and completely unobjective." That's why I started coming here back in 2000, when the site was originally hosted by the Rivals network.

TornLabrum
08-13-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
WSI has always been adverstised as being "totally biased and completely unobjective." That's why I started coming here back in 2000, when the site was originally hosted by the Rivals network.

I think I started coming when PHG's signature essay was titled "6 Years and Counting."

RKMeibalane
08-13-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I think I started coming when PHG's signature essay was titled "6 Years and Counting."

Was Reinsdorf blaming the fans then? :D:

voodoochile
08-13-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Careful voodoo. You're going to make him cry.

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

There's no crying in Baseball message boards... :D:

Daver
08-13-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

Ah yes,the Rivals days,welcome to our nightmare.........

:bandance:

MarqSox
08-14-2003, 10:42 AM
Supposedly last night was a "big blow" to us, so much so that these guys are actually talking about making a movie based on the Royals' season. They want Cheech to play Lima ... Oh boy.

http://www.royalboard.com/baseball/messages/69153.html

maurice
08-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
When the Sox lose, he's happy!

This is clearly true, as evidenced by his original post in this thread, his numerous troll-like posts in other threads, and the fact that he never answered WinningUgly's insightful question. Good call, dub.

ScottyTheSoxFan
08-14-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Supposedly last night was a "big blow" to us, so much so that these guys are actually talking about making a movie based on the Royals' season. They want Cheech to play Lima ... Oh boy.

http://www.royalboard.com/baseball/messages/69153.html

and then everyone will trash that just like "Gigli". nobody wants to see a movie about a team blowing their division lead down the stretch.

MarqSox
08-14-2003, 05:50 PM
I tell ya what, I really can't stand these Royals fans. Who do they think they are exactly? A good team? Please.

http://www.royalboard.com/baseball/messages/69218.html