PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Blues

Irishsox1
08-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Why is it that every time the White Sox go out to the west coast they look like total garbage?

As long as I can remember, any time the Sox headed out to Seattle, Oakland or Anaheim they look like they have never played baseball before. I used to love it when the Bulls would go on the extended west coast trip and kick the crap out of all those teams, especially the Lakers. I wish the White Sox were like that. I have no idea why they suck so much out there, but it makes me very, very upset and I hate watching the games.

And as for Neil Cotts starting tonight, I bet he doesn't get out of the 4th inning.

bobj4400
08-12-2003, 03:46 PM
As much as I hope the kid succeeds, I have a feeling I will be going to bed early tonight as this one may get out of hand.

LASOXFAN
08-12-2003, 03:58 PM
I see a lot of the Angels. They don't try to over power you but wear you down making contact. I'm encouraged that Cotts is not a power pitcher per se, but crafty. That might keep them off balance long enough. The real wild card is Ortiz. He's hot and cold. Let's hope he's cold tonight.

daveb816
08-12-2003, 04:11 PM
Well, they did do well in 2000 - 4 of 6 in Oakland, ditto Seattle, and 2-2 vs. Angels, including thrilling come-from-behind-with-2-outs-in-9th on ESPN Sunday night game.

SpringfldFan
08-12-2003, 04:54 PM
It is just not fun to watch games against the Angels, even when we have a lead. There is just something about them and it is relentless. They don't go up just looking for the home run but they all go up there very aggressively and somehow it just seems they are all red-hot hitters all the time.

bobj4400
08-12-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by SpringfldFan
It is just not fun to watch games against the Angels, even when we have a lead. There is just something about them and it is relentless. They don't go up just looking for the home run but they all go up there very aggressively and somehow it just seems they are all red-hot hitters all the time.

Not to mention that they usually kick our ass, and the games arent over until 12:30-1 am.

Hangar18
08-12-2003, 05:14 PM
I have a theory. Theory might apply for other teams as well. Maybe L.A./West Coast is so much fun, theyre out having Late Dinners/Bar Hopping ?

Lip Man 1
08-12-2003, 09:04 PM
Irish asks: Why is it that every time the White Sox go out to the west coast they look like total garbage?

Ummmm...maybe it's got something to do with "tinkering... and the person behind the "tinkering...?"

Lip

Irishsox1
08-13-2003, 12:59 AM
I was right...Cotts didn't make it out of the third, but the big offense was in town and Danny Wrong turned into Danny Wright. I'll take the win!!!!

WhiteSox = Life
08-13-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
I was right...Cotts didn't make it out of the third, but the big offense was in town and Danny Wrong turned into Danny Wright. I'll take the win!!!!

And, Danny will gladly take his first win of the season.

:D: