PDA

View Full Version : Vote for the Goat! 8/11

MisterB
08-12-2003, 01:41 AM
Tonight's nominees for Goat of the Game .

Paul Konerko : 2 for 5, but 7 men left on base and failed in 2 bases loaded situations.

Robbie Alomar : Drew the collar and was accessory to killing two rallies.

Scott Schoeneweis : Coughing up 4 runs in 1 inning instead of keeping it a 2 run game.

Jerry Manuel: Just because.

voodoochile
08-12-2003, 01:43 AM
Schoeneweis is clearly the...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/WSIbanners/DOG.GIF

FJA
08-12-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

IMO, he splits it with Konerko. Leaving seven men on base is just ridiculous.

fuzzy_patters
08-12-2003, 01:55 AM
I voted for Alomar. Konerko came through late, although he hurt us early. Schoenweis was pitching with a deficit anyway, so he was pitching in a back of the bullpen role. He didn't pitch well, but at that point we didn't know it would be needed, anyway. Alomar was the main culprit because Alomar, unlike the other three, played like crap the entire game. Furthermore, Roberto looked flat in his ninth inning at bat.

MHOUSE
08-12-2003, 01:59 AM
KW for acquiring Shoenweiss who aside from maybe one or two outings has been pretty awful. Right now he's just another ok arm with a 5+ ERA.

MisterB
08-12-2003, 02:05 AM
I'm leaning towards Konerko. If he comes up with even a soft single in either bases loaded situation, it probably scores 2, which means Colon leaves the game with the score 6-6, and we likely see Marte in the 8th instead of Schoeneweis.

Shoeless Joe
08-12-2003, 08:03 AM
I think you should add All Of The Above MisterB. We played the coulda' shoulda' game last night and we paid dearly for it because we're one and a half game back now.

Although it did take a record number of doubles for the Royals to win last night, I don't think the Royals are going to lose their series against the Yankees and the same goes for the Twinks.

I felt disgusted last night. But I'll feel better when Cotts comes in and gets the job done.

CHISOXFAN13
08-12-2003, 11:06 AM
I'd love to vote for Bruce Kimm.

His inability to send Konerko and allow Valentin to move to third really changed the complexion of that inning.

MisterB
08-12-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I'd love to vote for Bruce Kimm.

His inability to send Konerko and allow Valentin to move to third really changed the complexion of that inning.

Where exactly was Crede's ball hit? Because under normal circumstances, waving in Konerko from second base on a single to left would be sheer stupidity.

CHISOXFAN13
08-12-2003, 11:59 AM
The ball glanced off Eckstein's glove and rolled slowly into left. It wasn't a typical base hit to left.

He would have made it easily, and Valenitn would have been at third to score on Daubach's sac fly.

OH WELL

Hangar18
08-12-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Someone should start keeping track of the Winners of this award.
If the sox win a game, should there be a Goat of the game still?

Bucktown
08-12-2003, 08:27 PM
I love the fact that two people voted for Manuel. I knew I could count on that.

The Konerko situation was very frustrating, but when you give up 10 runs you have to give the Goat award to a pitcher.

In my mind Schoenweiss has dropped below Koch on the reliability scale.

Next time bases are loaded I would be tempted to pinch hit for Komerko.

Jerko
08-13-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Bucktown
I love the fact that two people voted for Manuel. I knew I could count on that.

The Konerko situation was very frustrating, but when you give up 10 runs you have to give the Goat award to a pitcher.

In my mind Schoenweiss has dropped below Koch on the reliability scale.

Next time bases are loaded I would be tempted to pinch hit for Komerko.

Let's see. Hmmmmmmm. WHO inserts pitchers into games? WHO decides who pinch hits? I'm surprised Manuel only has 2 votes. I guess Schoeneweis put himself into game after Wunsch warmed up even though they're both lefties and Wunsch warmed up first and Schoeney was brought in to face his former mates and everybody but the manager knew he was going to get lit up. Who left him in to give up all 4 runs cause the bullpen had to be saved? Whose fault is it the bullpen ALWAYS has to be saved? JM wins this one, not hands down cause Alomar and Kojerko were just as bad, but JM is right up there too.