PDA

View Full Version : Per Bruce Levine

CHISOXFAN13
08-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Robbie Alomar would like to play here beyond this season.

I likey.

RKMeibalane
08-11-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13

I likey.

Good. If this team can bring everyone back for next season, they're going to win ninety five games. Take that to bank.

Hangar18
08-11-2003, 08:47 PM

I likey.

Is it me, or are the White Sox finally getting a clue?
Alomars defense and hitting are excellent right now, and we dont have a legit 2B in the minors, so we might as well keep him and sign him fairly cheap and let him retire as a White Sox. I like Robby a lot. man thats Great to Hear

FJA
08-11-2003, 08:50 PM

I likey.

This is a very nice surprise, or at least I wouldn't have expected it at the beginning of July. I like that both Robbie and Frank have already expressed interest in being with the team next year. A happy team is usually a good team.

duke of dorwood
08-11-2003, 08:57 PM
:reinsy

What? No one stays. Can you spell minimum wage?

WhiteSox = Life
08-11-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
:reinsy

What? No one stays. Can you spell minimum wage?

Since KW has been given the okay to make some good moves, I'll spell "minimum wage" half in teal.

R-E-I-N-S-D-O-R-F

MarqSox
08-11-2003, 09:53 PM
Something tells me that if we want to keep Robby we'll have to keep Sandy. Which I'm not necessarily opposed to, but I gotta think it's a package deal.

Daver
08-11-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Something tells me that if we want to keep Robby we'll have to keep Sandy. Which I'm not necessarily opposed to, but I gotta think it's a package deal.

The Sox have nothing in the way of a catcher in the system,Jamie Burke will probably be gone at the end of the season as a minor league FA,as well as Mike Rivera,so re-signing Sandy might not be such a bad thing as a back-up to Olivo.

ShoelessFred
08-11-2003, 11:07 PM
and robbie also said he's not looking for the big payday. he said that he's played for over 10 years and has made his money. now it's about being comfortable, happy, and having a chance to win. and he said chicago fits all 3 of those.

gosox41
08-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Good. If this team can bring everyone back for next season, they're going to win ninety five games. Take that to bank.

We all know who shouldn't be brought back:

:jerry
I want to see how Robbie feels when I tinker around with him the first 2 months of the season. He's getting older. I can see him in CF.

Bob

FJA
08-11-2003, 11:59 PM
Bruce Levine should check back after this game and see if Robbie Alomar still wants to come back to the Sox.

fuzzy_patters
08-12-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by FJA
Bruce Levine should check back after this game and see if Robbie Alomar still wants to come back to the Sox.

Why wouldn't he? The Sox almost won despite the fact that Robbie went 0 for 6. You've got to love having teammates that can continue to play well even though you are playing like crap. I would think this game would solidify that for Roberto.

FJA
08-12-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
Why wouldn't he? The Sox almost won despite the fact that Robbie went 0 for 6. You've got to love having teammates that can continue to play well even though you are playing like crap. I would think this game would solidify that for Roberto.

I was joking. I thought the teal was implied, though to avoid further confusion, I will edit.

fuzzy_patters
08-12-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by FJA
I was joking. I thought the teal was implied, though to avoid further confusion, I will edit.

Ah, I thought you meant that this game was so crappy that no one would want to come back after this. I thought maybe you had overlooked the fact that it was largely Robbie's fault. However, now I see that you knew very well that Roberto played like crap, and that you were being facetious. Sorry about that.

MHOUSE
08-12-2003, 01:06 AM
Sign up Alomar. His defense, consistent bat, and experience will help tons. I hope KW remembers this and signs him up and he'll be a happy clubhouse prescense for the next couple years. Everett can walk and I want to see some BP help coming this way. Not cheap, over the hill FA pickups, but quality guys.

Lip Man 1
08-12-2003, 01:30 AM
From "Ask Teddy Greenstein" in the Tribune:

"The Sox's payroll is at $51 million, ninth from the bottom. Magglio Ordonez gets a $5 million raise, Paul Konerko gets another $1.75 mil, Carlos Lee and Mark Buehrle stand to get big-time boosts through arbitration.

So here's the major question: Will the Sox significantly increase their payroll next season or will they continue to pretend that they're a small-market team? GM Ken Williams has said that it will take a deep run in the postseason to change the culture of the Sox--i.e. the season-ticket base."