PDA

View Full Version : Austin Kearns Out For Season

RKMeibalane
08-11-2003, 05:39 PM
Kearns to Have Surgery (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20030811&content_id=477492&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

I'm not a Reds fan, but I can't help but feel sorry for that organization. This year has been a total disaster for them.

Dadawg_77
08-11-2003, 05:57 PM
@#$#@!$#@!%$#!^%$@^@$^$%^$@%&^$%&$%&^$%

There goes a couple of my fanatsy teams.

Hangar18
08-11-2003, 06:01 PM
I think their fans and the organization put WAY TOO MUCH CREDENCE into the whole Get-a-new-stadium-and-you'll-compete-BS. Just think, after a few yrs, when all is said and done, and Baseball is in the SAME FINANCIAL SPOT as they are now, they'll realize all of this was a load of BS on Seligs part. But he wont care......he'll have "stepped down" and the next guy will have to Clean the mess up. He can lay claim to having messed up the All-Star Game by having this "home field advantage" baloney, he screwed the Twins out of a Hall-of-Fame-turnaround-franchise pitcher in an Improper and clear Conflict of Interest situation.

Poor Red fans/organization thought this was the golden goose, so they stretched their organization way too thin, and are now having to pay the "Interest" on these big market "loans" they took out a few yrs ago (Griffey)

MetalliSox
08-11-2003, 06:17 PM
At the beginning of the season with everyone healthy, the Reds could of been a powerhouse offense. Kearns was hot, Griffey was trying to prove himself, nobody expected Dunn to be Rob Deer this year and add Larkin, Boone, Casey, and LaRue, they could of competed for awhile.

The new park drew some crowds but the injuries and just bad luck/play couldn't keep em.

RKMeibalane
08-11-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
...and LaRue...

"Jason LaRooooooooooooooo! Who the **** is Jason LaRue?"

-Will Clark - August, 2000

jabrch
08-11-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
he screwed the Twins out of a Hall-of-Fame-turnaround-franchise pitcher in an Improper and clear Conflict of Interest situation.

I assume you are talking about Prior here...What do you mean he screwed the Twins out of the pitcher? If you are talking about Prior, the Twins had the #1 pick and chose to draft Mauer cuz they knew they could sign him for less $$$ than Prior would have cost....

or are you talking about something else?