PDA

View Full Version : Hard Slides

Viva Magglio
08-25-2001, 02:22 PM
Michael Tucker made a hard slide into Fernando Viña and prompted a bench-clearing meeting on the field. Isn't this Cub team the same one that wanted to bring Chris Singleton up on attempted murder charges for his hard slide into Ricky Gutíerrez? The Cubs seem so high on themselves that they want to have it both ways.

FarWestChicago
08-25-2001, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by ¡Viva Mágglio!
Michael Tucker made a hard slide into Fernando Viña and prompted a bench-clearing meeting on the field. Isn't this Cub team the same one that wanted to bring Chris Singleton up on attempted murder charges for his hard slide into Ricky Gutíerrez? The Cubs seem so high on themselves that they want to have it both ways.

I looked up hypocrisy in an online dictionary and found:

:scrubs

cheeses_h_rice
08-25-2001, 03:41 PM
I can already see the column...

:moron

"And the valiant Michael Tucker, in a vital game for our North Side heroes, did what all great baseball players do, and that's give his body in an effort to squeeze out an extra base against the despised Cardinals. His hard slide into Fernando Vina demonstrated a noble baseball acumen infrequently displayed in today's era of Scum baseball, the likes of which is often seen on the South Side. If one can't see the difference between the stoic, heroic likes of a Tucker versus the depraved, lowly desperation of a Chris Singleton, then one obviously does not know baseball like I do."