PDA

View Full Version : September-KC Trip


Rocky Soprano
08-11-2003, 09:48 AM
So who is going to the last regular season Sox games?

When are you leaving, where are you staying? I am thinking about going and supporting the Sox.

CHISOXFAN13
08-11-2003, 10:00 AM
I'll be there for sure.

I have stayed at the Adam's Mark (across I-70 from the park) in the past, but I'm thinking about spending a little money and staying at the Fairmount (I think the Sox stay there???).

Regardless, it's gonna be a lot of fun.

FYI, for those interested, Southwest Airlines has dirt cheap fares. I got a round trip ticket for 90.

Hangar18
08-11-2003, 10:17 AM
I know a few of us are heading out there too..... I will post more
Info as it becomes available

Rocky Soprano
08-11-2003, 10:31 AM
Anyone know if Fairmount is where they stay? It would be awesome to run into some of the players.

Hangar18
08-11-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Anyone know if Fairmount is where they stay? It would be awesome to run into some of the players.

YES, the Sox stay at the Fairmont in KC

MarqSox
08-11-2003, 10:41 AM
I think WSI should organize a road trip to KC for the last regular season series. Maybe work out the details closer to September, when it becomes clearer that it will come down to the wire. It'd be cool if we got like a charter bus and a couple dozen tickets. Not sure how much interest there would be in something like that, but I think it's an idea worth tossing around. :gulp:

Rocky Soprano
08-11-2003, 10:50 AM
Thats a great idea. Especially if it comes down to the wire, it would be awesome to support our team and Im sure they would appreciate it.

If we can get a big group, Im sure we can get a discount on the Hotel rates.

CHISOXFAN13
08-11-2003, 11:03 AM
Some of my best memories from college were attending the MVC hoops tournament in St. Louis with large groups of people.

I'd definitely be up for something like this.

valposoxfan
08-11-2003, 12:08 PM
Yeah someone please keep me posted because I'm gonna be back in Valpo during those series but I'd love to go with some of you guys to KC...Just keep me posted.

believenroyals
08-11-2003, 12:16 PM
as a royals fan, i say welcome. If you are going to sit in the outfield, sit on the 3rd base side so you are not facing the sun. I would buy your tickets soon because from what i hear they are going pretty fast. Also, buy a lot of souviners at the K, which of course means more money for the Royals :D:

Streets
08-11-2003, 12:31 PM
I was thinking of making a weekend trip out KC for that series, I'll be down in Evansville for school and I'm told it's only a 6 hour drive. So no big deal there. I'd love to sit with a bunch of Sox fans! I'll keep checking for more details.

MarqSox
08-11-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by believenroyals
as a royals fan, i say welcome. If you are going to sit in the outfield, sit on the 3rd base side so you are not facing the sun. I would buy your tickets soon because from what i hear they are going pretty fast. Also, buy a lot of souviners at the K, which of course means more money for the Royals :D:

I checked for tickets last night ... they still had plenty of seats in all sections. So if they're "going fast," they must not have sold any at all until now.

Eddie Gaedel
08-11-2003, 01:28 PM
Last week I bought a flight and tix for 9/26 & 27. There were lots of good seats still available. I'm on the lower level, 3rd base, halfway up. I think there was a KC article in the 8/10 Travel section of the Trib (things to do). Hope to see lots of fellow SOX fans there!

WHarris13
08-11-2003, 01:32 PM
If it was up to me I would go, but my parents arent exactly the fans I am.

Hangar18
08-11-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by believenroyals
as a royals fan, i say welcome. If you are going to sit in the outfield, sit on the 3rd base side so you are not facing the sun. I would buy your tickets soon because from what i hear they are going pretty fast. Also, buy a lot of souviners at the K, which of course means more money for the Royals :D:

I bought a lot of beer that had the KC logo on the cups (pretty cool I thought) and also had my nephew drink plenty of Cokes w the KC logo on it. Hope it helps their finances :smile:

FarmerAndy
08-11-2003, 03:56 PM
If the race is still tight a couple of weeks into September, my brother and I are going to get tickets and roadtrip it out there.

I can't really afford to go just for the heck of it. 1. I just moved into a new house. 2. School will be starting. 3. I've already spent alot of $ on Sox roadtrips this season. But if it's still a tight race in the division, I will just have give up eating and drinking for a couple of weeks so I can go.

I'm guessing that there will be alot of us Sox fans there.

hempsox
08-11-2003, 04:16 PM
And we all meet at Smokestack BBQ on the northside to celebrate the wins!

Nick@Nite
08-11-2003, 06:44 PM
I WILL be at Kauffman for all four Sox games in September... Awe Yeah! I already have my tickets right behind the Sox dugout... third row, right in the middle.

Since I live out here (I feel trapped behind enemy lines), I'll be making the trip back and forth from Warrensburg, MO (45 minute drive).

I was sitting in the same seats I described above for the Sox sweep the other week. I'm still excited from that blast of offensive might the Sox unleashed, (I'm all tingly as I type this... Awe Yeah!)

:sox :) :sox

Hangar18
08-11-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by PinchALoaf
I WILL be at Kauffman for all four Sox games in September... Awe Yeah! I already have my tickets right behind the Sox dugout... third row, right in the middle.

Since I live out here (I feel trapped behind enemy lines), I'll be making the trip back and forth from Warrensburg, MO (45 minute drive).

I was sitting in the same seats I described above for the Sox sweep the other week. I'm still excited from that blast of offensive might the Sox unleashed, (I'm all tingly as I type this... Awe Yeah!)

:sox :) :sox

Dang man....you shouldve said something, I was with a whole group of people for the sweep man. Some of us made chicago tv when the last out happened. This is sounding Better and Better man. I think were going to have a TON of fans traveling out there for this game......Stay Tuned, I might have to pull some Strings, and do the BarParty (like we did in L.A.) while were out there again.........STAY TUNED

Nick@Nite
08-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Dang man....you shouldve said something, I was with a whole group of people for the sweep man. Some of us made chicago tv when the last out happened. This is sounding Better and Better man. I think were going to have a TON of fans traveling out there for this game......Stay Tuned, I might have to pull some Strings, and do the BarParty (like we did in L.A.) while were out there again.........STAY TUNED

Were you guys walking around with the broom? If so, we walked right past each other.

I'll stay tuned alright... Cool!

:gulp: