PDA

View Full Version : now, which Chicago ballpark is in the "crime-ridden" neighborhood, again?

cheeses_h_rice
08-11-2003, 09:31 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-030811stab,1,932226.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Better hope the tourists from Ottumwa don't see this article...

Jerko
08-11-2003, 10:02 AM
The Wrigley defenders will say more crime happens there because there are more people there. Tools.

Hangar18
08-11-2003, 10:20 AM
Im glad someone posted this. I know there was info previously from the police beat. Wrigleyville is a bad neighborhood as far as crime goes for sure.......

Hangar18
08-11-2003, 10:25 AM
The trib will track all the perpetrators of these crimes til they find the one thug who happens to be a Sox Fan....then they'll make sure to do an article on all the sox fans going to lakeview/wrigleyville to commit crimes there. Already ahead of the game Mike Kiley......

voodoochile
08-11-2003, 11:27 AM
Any neighborhood with lots of bars is going to attract people who prey on drunks late at night. I used to manage a bar on division street and people were constantly getting mugged down there when they wandered off alone drunk out of their minds...

Foulke You
08-11-2003, 01:26 PM
Notice how the Tribune is careful not to mention the close proximity to the "shrine" anywhere in the article. It is merely the "Addison st. Red Line Station in Wrigleyville". That station happens to be right outside the frikkin' ballpark!! Even closer than Sox 35th is to Comiskey Park! Can you imagine for a moment that the assault on the cops happened at the Sox 35th st. Red Line stop? I can see the Tribune headlines now "More violence in shadow of Sox Park" or "Boy assaulted just minutes from Sox Park". But I'm just a paranoid Sox fan, what would I know? :angry:

cheeses_h_rice
08-11-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Notice how the Tribune is careful not to mention the close proximity to the "shrine" anywhere in the article. It is merely the "Addison st. Red Line Station in Wrigleyville". That station happens to be right outside the frikkin' ballpark!! Even closer than Sox 35th is to Comiskey Park! Can you imagine for a moment that the assault on the cops happened at the Sox 35th st. Red Line stop? I can see the Tribune headlines now "More violence in shadow of Sox Park" or "Boy assaulted just minutes from Sox Park". But I'm just a paranoid Sox fan, what would I know? :angry:

Hey, at least this time they called the area "Wrigleyville." Normally, when something bad happens near the park, it suddenly becomes "Lakeview." Wrigleyville is a more apt description of the area within a mile or so of the park.

Shoeless Joe
08-11-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Hey, at least this time they called the area "Wrigleyville." Normally, when something bad happens near the park, it suddenly becomes "Lakeview." Wrigleyville is a more apt description of the area within a mile or so of the park.

You're right cheeses, I'm convinced if something major happened at Wrigley Field the media would refer to the ballpark as " the stadium near the Great Lakes."

And I think we already know what happens if an incident happens at U.S. Cellular...Full Blown Slander.