PDA

View Full Version : WXRT climbs aboard Sox bandwagon

Hangar18
08-11-2003, 08:36 AM
Just listened to their morning guy talking up the good times to be had by sitting in the special XRT section on Sat Aug 23 vs the Rangers. He talked about how exciting the SOX are playing right now, and how some lucky xrt listener might be able to catch a Konerko hr ball in those seats. Was very straaaange to
hear xrt talk about the white sox. Mind you, for the last 7 yrs, ive been Hassling their people at the street fairs, asking them why they Blindly Support a team thats almost lost 100 games 4 of the last 6 yrs.... Or why they insist on having a blind cub bash every opening day, yet not do one for the sox every year. I explained to them that hanging out and watching a much more exciting game at comiskey is probably the Best Kept Secret in Chicago. Getting coffee this morning in the office, a guy I work with who is a Cardinal fan, said he was at the game yesterday afternoon, along w some Cardinal buddies of his. He said they had a blast, and that they forgot why they liked the White Sox (they dont like the cubs) in the first place, and how cool the park looks, and theres always a place to park, and they like the bullpen bar etc etc. I think our little Secret is getting out now.....

Hangar18
08-11-2003, 08:37 AM
It took them long enough.....but im glad theyre finally along
for the ride ....

adsit
08-11-2003, 08:49 AM
That's cool... jump on, I say... always room on the bandwagon.

DrCrawdad
08-11-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Just listened to their morning guy talking up the good times to be had by sitting in the special XRT section on Sat Aug 23 vs the Rangers. He talked about how exciting the SOX are playing right now, and how some lucky xrt listener might be able to catch a Konerko hr ball in those seats. Was very straaaange to
hear xrt talk about the white sox. Mind you, for the last 7 yrs, ive been Hassling their people at the street fairs, asking them why they Blindly Support a team thats almost lost 100 games 4 of the last 6 yrs.... Or why they insist on having a blind cub bash every opening day, yet not do one for the sox every year. I explained to them that hanging out and watching a much more exciting game at comiskey is probably the Best Kept Secret in Chicago. Getting coffee this morning in the office, a guy I work with who is a Cardinal fan, said he was at the game yesterday afternoon, along w some Cardinal buddies of his. He said they had a blast, and that they forgot why they liked the White Sox (they dont like the cubs) in the first place, and how cool the park looks, and theres always a place to park, and they like the bullpen bar etc etc. I think our little Secret is getting out now.....

WXRT is sponsoring a contest to win tickets and passes to the Picnic Area. Since I'm providing the link, if you win you have to bring DrCrawdad as your guest!

http://www.wxrt.com/connection/contests/gfx/whitesox.gif

It's XRT Night at U.S. Cellular Field on August 23rd when the White Sox take on the Rangers at 6:05, followed by a signature White Sox fireworks show!

To join Lin, see the game from the special XRT section and come to the pre-game patio party, call the White Sox at 312.674.5354 and ask for the XRT package. Ticket packages are $46 and last year this event sold out quickly, so act now. XRT is giving away tickets to some lucky listeners to join us at the game!

Register below for your chance to win!

WXRT Contest (http://www.wxrt.com/connection/contests/all_contests.html)

DrCrawdad
08-11-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
WXRT is sponsoring a contest to win tickets and passes to the Picnic Area. Since I'm providing the link, if you win you have to bring DrCrawdad as your guest!

http://www.wxrt.com/connection/contests/gfx/whitesox.gif

It's XRT Night at U.S. Cellular Field on August 23rd when the White Sox take on the Rangers at 6:05, followed by a signature White Sox fireworks show!

To join Lin, see the game from the special XRT section and come to the pre-game patio party, call the White Sox at 312.674.5354 and ask for the XRT package. Ticket packages are $46 and last year this event sold out quickly, so act now. XRT is giving away tickets to some lucky listeners to join us at the game!

Register below for your chance to win!

WXRT Contest (http://www.wxrt.com/connection/contests/all_contests.html)