PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Detroit-Labor Day weekend

soxwon
08-10-2003, 10:49 PM
a few weeks ago i posted this:
Is anyone going to Detroit for the labor day weekend, ill be going to sat & sundays games, i was wondering where everyone will be staying there? possibly we could meet somewhere before or after the games.
Da reverand

Has anyone else decided to go there that weekend?
it be nice to hang with fellow sox fans.

CHISOXFAN13
08-11-2003, 12:11 AM
I was thinking about it but the girfriend wants to take a trip to a nice location.

However, she did agree that by doing this that we can go to KC for the last weekend.

I'd much rather see that series anyway.

doublem23
08-11-2003, 12:15 AM
When was Detroit taken off the list of nice places to visit?

thepaulbowski
08-11-2003, 08:11 AM
Detroit & East Saint Louis are my favorite vacation destinations.

:bundy

TornLabrum
08-11-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
Detroit & East Saint Louis are my favorite vacation destinations.

:bundy

When we've gone to see El Tigres, we've stayed in Dearborn. The Hyatt there is excellent.

Hangar18
08-11-2003, 08:43 AM
wouldnt mind doing this trip......
BUT CURRENTLY setting up the big KC trip for the last weekend
in September. since were on that subject....the cell, both SoxBills are in, as well as my posse. Think we should all get rooms at the Best Western in Independence .....nice place...
and Sox friendly

Tragg
08-11-2003, 09:05 AM
This is off the subject a bit, but speaking of labor day, why are the Sox on the road on Labor Day - and 4th of July and Memorial Day - all three summer holidays that should bring good crowds. I don't think they rotate between the cubs and sox as the cubs usually get 2 of those dates and the sox 1. Seems like they should rotate around.

Huisj
08-11-2003, 08:09 PM
I'll probably be at the saturday game.

Hangar18
08-11-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
This is off the subject a bit, but speaking of labor day, why are the Sox on the road on Labor Day - and 4th of July and Memorial Day - all three summer holidays that should bring good crowds. I don't think they rotate between the cubs and sox as the cubs usually get 2 of those dates and the sox 1. Seems like they should rotate around.

Because the Media loves the Cubs, and who else are they going to cover if not the cubs? and your mostly right....the sox are almost always on the road for the holidays