PDA

View Full Version : Are Dodgers fans just plain dense, or what?


cheeses_h_rice
08-10-2003, 04:56 PM
2 games in a row, the Dodgers have hit deep balls to the outfield corners that would easily result in a double if not a triple for the Dodgers batter. Yet here are all these idiots, leaning over the stands and putting their grubby paws on the in-play balls, effectively hurting their own team in the process, because in both instances, a ground rule double was called.

What part of "do not touch any balls that are in play" don't these morons understand?

voodoochile
08-10-2003, 04:58 PM
I saw the Sox kick a guy out for doing this a couple of weeks ago and the sad part is - though he ended up with the ball, he wasn't the first to touch it. It was down the 3B line which is always never more than a double anyway...

inta
08-10-2003, 05:05 PM
dude, it's LA...

of course they're idiots.

gosox41
08-10-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
2 games in a row, the Dodgers have hit deep balls to the outfield corners that would easily result in a double if not a triple for the Dodgers batter. Yet here are all these idiots, leaning over the stands and putting their grubby paws on the in-play balls, effectively hurting their own team in the process, because in both instances, a ground rule double was called.

What part of "do not touch any balls that are in play" don't these morons understand?

Just like what part of "Do not enter the field or else face prosecution" do certain few Sox fans not understand.

It's these idiots that makes all us Sox fans look bad.

Bob

Thunderstruck30
08-11-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by gosox41


Just like what part of "Do not enter the field or else face prosecution" do certain few Sox fans not understand.

It's these idiots that makes all us Sox fans look bad.

Bob

I think you are forgetting that the fan that ran onto the field last April was a Cub fan that got drunk at Wrigley earlier that day. But I can see why you forgot(or didnt know) that because the media just happens to forget that fact.

emaholic
08-11-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
I think you are forgetting that the fan that ran onto the field last April was a Cub fan that got drunk at Wrigley earlier that day. But I can see why you forgot(or didnt know) that because the media just happens to forget that fact.

Eric Dybas. Yeah, he's a Cubs fan. I go to school with his sister and she was telling me in chem class that he's a Cubs fan. But, of course, the media doesn't want to mention that. They want to make us Sox fans look stupid, don't they?

Bucktown
08-11-2003, 02:22 AM
Almost as bad as the Sox "fans" that throw back the opposing team's home run. That happened during the Wednesday (8/6) day game -- I HATE that.

longshot7
08-11-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by inta
dude, it's LA...

of course they're idiots.

HEY!! Watch it, bub.

Like dude, isn't the ballpark a place to meet girls and eat Dodger dogs? There's a game going on too? Oh shoot, it's the seventh inning, I gotta go so I can beat traffic and watch The OC.

adsit
08-11-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by inta
dude, it's LA...

of course they're idiots.

I kinda enjoyed seeing the woman throw back Sosa's home run ball yesterday. :cool: On BBTN, though, they thought she was the idiot.

inta
08-11-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by adsit
I kinda enjoyed seeing the woman throw back Sosa's home run ball yesterday. :cool: On BBTN, though, they thought she was the idiot.

as stupid a tradition that is up north, i'd probably throw a sosa HR back.
who wants a HR hit by steroids or cork?

well, maybe i'd sell it on ebay to some cubs fan.

Hangar18
08-11-2003, 09:04 AM
Dodger Fans are very laid back, but thats the culture out there...
however, theyre not too bright when it comes to everyday baseball and current events. A bunch of Dodger fans were calling Sox fans a bunch of cheaters because we have guys corking bats. I explained to him that it was a CUB guy doing that, and were no way associated with that laughingstock franchise. I didnt want to get too in depth with the conversation, as the guy and his crew looked pretty menacing. I did get the point across, that we dont like the cubs nor their fans (im ok with cubfans that like the sox too though)

34 Inch Stick
08-11-2003, 09:28 AM
We cannot complain about touching balls in play. Sox fans have been notorious for it the last few years.